Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: 767 on FS2004?
Reply #15 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
James F. Chams wrote on Jul 9th, 2009 at 6:23am:
Let me guess ...

this has turned into another one of those FS9 vs. FSX "Yet Another Pointless Discussions" .... Cheesy

You FS9 guys really love to argue your point endlessly ... Are any of you lawyers?  I could use another good lawyer.  Huh

I'm a lawyer.  I try not to argue too much because it starts to be like work.  Platforms move on, and those resistant to change are going to get left behind, and whether that is fair or not, that is the reality, not argument.  I liked vinyl LPs, but realize I would be a pretty small niche these days.  Looking back, I'm not sure I didn't have it better under FS9 for what I do, which is fly big things.  But here we are and FSX is pretty good, too, and I'm liking it more every day.

What are the other pointless discussions?  My preferences are the only legitimate approach to flight simulation.  Company X is EVIL!  Company Y is PERFECT!  The common thread running through all pointless discussions is rigidity and an unwillingness to concede that this is a hobby different kinds of people pursue for relaxation, and we're all playing with toys.  If you get a rush out of mastering a more complicated toy, great.  Don't sneer at mine.  I had learned this by first grade.  Too much ego gets invested in this stuff, but that's the Internet.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #16 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Yes, FS9, AKA FS 2004, so coded in 2002-3.  Old by gaming standards.  Very old.  To expect new products to support or work on that decrepid old platform is ludicrous and delusional.

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

FsPilotDude

Reply #17 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Very disappointing Captain Sim not making the 767 for Fs2004, If I wanted the 767 I would have to buy FSX, but FSX doesn't run smooth enough for me and it takes too much space on the computer.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #18 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Well, at least if I revew this 7-7 no one can complain that I didn't cover the FS9 version!

I would rather see developers put effort into one platform, honestly.  And it isn't like FS9 is hurting for good add-ons.  If anything, there's more available for them than us.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #19 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 11:44am
Print Post  
FsPilotDude wrote on Jul 16th, 2009 at 1:41am:
Very disappointing Captain Sim not making the 767 for Fs2004, If I wanted the 767 I would have to buy FSX, but FSX doesn't run smooth enough for me and it takes too much space on the computer.

Sorry mate but that simply means your gaming/sinmming is outdated.  Why should that punish the rest of us?

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

Insane22

Reply #20 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
hochwang wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 at 9:32am:
Oh yea  Smiley

those FS9 guys.......

For me FS9 died at my first try off FSX around 2 years ago...
At that time i build a new PC.......... Intel Quad , Nvidia 768 MB Grafik
Vista X64 , 6MB Ram.........
And just to say : never would back to FS9 and i am pretty lucky
with my FSX System no problems at all.

And this Hardware isn´t that expensive today but it was at the time
i build my new PC. ( 2 years ago ).
Can not understand why some people still cry at FS9.
With that Grafik from FSX and all the new technics in it
i never would go back.
FSX is the future and even MS - Aces never brings another Flightsim
on the Market - FSX is my Standart off a excellent Flightsimulation  Cool

IMO  Smiley

cheers
Mario  Wink

Clearly Both you and James Chams have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

To this day there is no computer in the world that can run FSX maxed out with airliners in a densely populated area in IFR conditions at 40+ FPS.

Show me one computer that can do it and i will be convinced.

FS9 is the one and only usable airliner simulator and that's it.

If you like to fly VFR GA aircraft at nice scenic areas, then  FSX is for you, but if you want to fly the heavy birds around the Globe, FS9 is the best sim.

Anyone who claims different is in complete denial.

But if Captainsim have stopped supporting and developing for FS9, then i am no longer a Captain Sim customer. So with those words i would like to say thank you to the CS team for providing excellent addons for FS9 and wish you he best of luck in the future.

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Reply #21 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Who needs 40+ frames per second.  I am completely happy with 15-20fps.  I use fsx and will not go back to fs9.

Best Regards,
Robert Smiley

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #22 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 12:16am
Print Post  
I don't think people appreciate how smooth 15 fps is in FSX (although I always get more than that) compared to FS9, and how good things look with the sliders far from all the way to the right.  And actually, you can run nearly every slider all the way to the right, see Nick's setup guide.  I use REX with 100% clouds for a skyfull and Traffic X at 50-70%.  You have to use some common sense and make compromises for certain premium products Wink but it is nowhere nearly as dire as you think. aal is right: the days of "needing" anywhere near 40 fps are long gone with FSX.

Having said that, I'm glad you're happy with your platform and it is indeed a good one for big iron.  Without a CS767 is just became a little less good, though.

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #23 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Insane22 wrote on Jul 16th, 2009 at 9:42pm:
Anyone who claims different is in complete denial.

Pushing an 8 year old sim in today's technological climate?  Talk about denial.  But whatever lets you sleep at night.

IP Logged

FMCS

Reply #24 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 12:29am
Print Post  
James F. Chams wrote on Jul 9th, 2009 at 6:23am:
Let me guess ...

this has turned into another one of those FS9 vs. FSX "Yet Another Pointless Discussions" .... Cheesy

You FS9 guys really love to argue your point endlessly ... Are any of you lawyers?  I could use another good lawyer.  Huh

Such a childish remark James! Never in the history of Flight Simulator and I should know ( I've been using it since it;s inception),  has there been such a lack of customer support in the community and by developers (Captain Sim in this case but not necessarily the only one....there are a few others)  Over the last 4-5 years that I migrated to FS9 (I always upgraded to a newer version of FS) I have spent Thousands...yes literary thousands of dollars on products from many developers (Scenery and Aircraft) for my Sim... And I don't like FSX!!!! And,  where in the past it has never been a problem because developers continued to make aircraft that worked in both the newer version of the Sim and the previous, they have now suddenly decided not to do it....WHY?

Are you trying to insinuate that because you have chosen to use FSX that the entire Universe has to follow in your foot steps? The fact you don't seem to understand is, that there are tens of thousands of users who regardless of what you and those like minded people out there think regarding FSX....It was and continues to be a disappointing version of FS that did not meet expectations and not worth throwing my hard earned money away for....

Most of those that speak so highly of FSX are first time simmers or never really invested in any previous Flight Sim, thus making it easier to switch. I can see that for those that have moved over to the slide show are happy and I'm more the happier for it. Especially those that claim that 10-15 frames is smooth ( full scenery 'another company' 747 at 'FSDT' KJFK with all the traffic in the world and 33FPS...Now that's smooth and something you can actually enjoy a 6 hour flight on) ....But that is no reason to put anyone down for suggesting a FS9 version of a particular product, especially if they are customers!!

Anyways, since I get the 'News letter' from CS whenever something new is released....I would like to ask....Will you be releasing a CS 727 (the updated version) and the new 767 for your very loyal yet reluctant FS9 customers?

Frank Severino
Part-time painter.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

edmond64

Reply #25 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Well just to add my 2 peneth, I can see both sides of this and if CS chooses not to produce for fs9 thats their choice. Unfortunatly they will be turning their back on a large customer base that cannot justify forking out a fortune to run a resource hungry simmulator that will be replaced in the near future by a sim that looks very promising. Unfortunatly this means I also will not be a future customer as I do not intend to upgrade to fs10 as I have better things to spend my money on, remember its only a hobby.

Paul

IP Logged

Insane22

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jul 17th, 2009 at 12:16am:
 You have to use some common sense and make compromises for certain premium products Wink

almost 3 years have passed since FSX was launched, after three years it should run flawlessly with everything maxed. There should be no need whatsoever to compromise anything in FSX by now, but that's not how it is unfortunately..

Microsoft and ACES screwed up big time on this flightsim, and i simply can't understand why anyone would run a highly complex airliner in FSX at EGLL with rain, fog and alot of ai traffic in FSX.

You will only get a slideshow with maximin 2-5 fps even with today's top end hardware, where in FS9 you get 40+ FPS with no problem.

And Hammer: thinking you can run IFR and heavy airliners in FSX with all settings maxed is denial. FS9 does the job flawlessly, FSX simply don't. It doesen't matter how old a product is, what really matters is how good it works.

Also FSX don't work wery well in today's technical climate as it can't take full advantage of either multi-cores or SLI. Only clock speed can help performance on it, just like in FS9.. so FSX is indeed based on an 8 years old (if not older) platform.

The latest isn't always the greatest, and FSX is a prime example of that.. it's an epic failure for IFR and heavy Iron flyers.

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
I am completely happy with my version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  What I don't understand, is why people keep pestering CaptainSim to make a product for FS9 when CaptainSim said NO.  No means no.  And like I said before, I may not get 40+ fps, but the 15-20fps I do get are extremely smooth.  Why should CaptainSim go backwards?

I hope you understand,
Robert

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
15-20 FPS in FSX is actually smooth for the most part so tha is a point,

Yeah I know FSX is not coded to use thye GPU properly, blame that on either lazy programming or attempts to stay backwards compatable.

IP Logged

Insane22

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Jul 17th, 2009 at 5:39pm:
15-20 FPS in FSX is actually smooth for the most part so tha is a point,

Yeah I know FSX is not coded to use thye GPU properly, blame that on either lazy programming or attempts to stay backwards compatable.

15-20 FPS is not good enough for me at all. it have to be 40+ FPS to be completely smooth and flyable.

I guess you can blame it on many different things as to why FSX turned out to become what it has, but in the end it doesen't matter who you blame.

The fact remains that FSX is unplayable for Heavy airliner pilots flying in and out of densely populated areas across the globe in various weather conditions.

So developing a heavy and complex airliners for FSX is a huge waste of time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top