Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 question concerning weather radar and CTD (Read 7504 times)
Kai-Uwe Weiss

question concerning weather radar and CTD
Jun 22nd, 2009 at 11:50am
Print Post  
hello,

I use the 757 X from the beginning and with every SP it's improved more and more, congratulations CS!
Now I have two issues: 1. if I start the weather radar (power on, in VC), the rainbow is to be seen in the ND. But it doesn't disappear. I was waiting about 5 minutes but still it was there. I don't dislike rainbows, but not in the radar Wink.
2. Everytime I fly from YMHB to YMML,if I am near Melbourne at about 10000ft or similar the FS crashes to Desktop. Everytime. I tried it about ten times, no matter which runway I want to land. First I thought of FTX AU blue or YMML. But they don't seem to be the reason. If I try, eg the LDS767, the landing is done perfectly. If I come from YSSY or YPAD eg it works with the CS too. Only from Hobart to Melbourne it crashes. Perhaps someone of you has got AU Blue and YMML too and could try to reproduce this for me? It lasts only about an hour.The plan is YMHB 30, sid karen4, j163 hb, w295 lt, h215 won, star waren9 ymml. The waypoint HB I delete because its lead back to the airport unnessessary.

with regards

Kai

IP Logged

Schmid

Re: question concerning weather radar and CTD
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Kai

About WX radar, are you keeping TEST button ON? That 'rainbow' pattern is for test purposes.

About CTD, have you reported this issue to Navigraph? Are you using the last AIRAC? It looks like pretty much being an AIRAC error.

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
hello Schmid,

no, I didn't left the testbutton on, I turned it off (LED out). It makes no difference. Is there a difference to you in behavior?

I use the airac coming with the 4.3 and I thought this would be a good one. The newest one it isn't I believe; its from April to May. It would be helpful if someone could make this leg on his own even if to see what happens.

regards Kai

IP Logged

Schmid

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Kai

When I turn on the WX radar I get the test pattern for about 10~15 seconds (I really never checked how much it takes) then it disappears.

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 5:12am
Print Post  
hello Schmid

do you make it on and test in the 2D or VC?

l bought the latest airaac yesterday and later today I'll try the leg again.

regards Kai

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
the leg to YMML failed again; i have to try it with another plane oncemore.
By the way: the weatherradar remains in rainbow colors. Please have a look at the screenshot:

regards Kai

IP Logged

Schmid

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Kai.

I don't use very much WX radar as it usually demands lots of frame rates. Anyway, when I do it, I usually run 2D. I'll try it with VC and report back.

Are you running FSX + SP1 + SP2?
What OS? XP - Vista 32 - Vista 64?

Maybe you have to consider opening a ticket on CS support about both threads.

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

Schmid

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Kai.

I have just departed from DAAT to DTTA and WX is working fine within VC.

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
hello Schmid,

I found out the reasons for both problems: there seems to be problems in conjunction with ASA. A flight with the native FSX-engine only was very successful. With radar and without crash. The idea came after reading the other thread about weatherradar here. Now I have to learn to use the REX-engine perhaps.

regards Kai

IP Logged

Schmid

Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Hi, Kai

Glad to see you found out the problem.

Cheers

Schmid

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
I have no trouble using the CS radar with REX.  Also, I see no frame rate reduction when using the Wx radar compared to not using it.  When using a well known payware 737 that has this feature, using he Wx radar came with quite a performance price.  Not this CS 757.  SO I turn it on and leave it on.  Every once in a while I play with he gain and angle settings for the heck of it.  Saw wind shear for the first time today.

Still...realize that no weather radar simulator for FSX is really that good or accurate as it does not appear possible to properly model this function yet in FS. So....mostly eye candy for the most part.

Bill Barrette&&P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 7600GS 512MB AGP, WinXP SP3, FSX SP2&&

IP Logged

Schmid

Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Hello, Bill.

Maybe I am so influenced by that developer that I deduced the graphic demands would be also a problem on 757. My apologies.

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #12 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 7:34am
Print Post  
I have to study the manual for REX-using. First I have to start REX, then the FSX, then the okay-button in REX... Huh. And what about flightplans? Are they mandatory and their saving too? The heaviest problem for me as a German: I have to change the properties in decimal-settings from German to US. So some signs will be changed then (dot etc.) So I don't know how it goes eg. in excel then and other programs.

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
The only thing that is mandatory in REX is that you install a texture set first nad at least once.  Once you have done that you do not have to do anything else with REX.  Forget about the flight planner and all that for now.  I always use real weather and here is what I do:  Go to Program Files\RealEnvironmentXtreme\ and find rexwxengine.exe.  This is the weather engine. Send a shortcut of this to the desktop and then to the quicklaunch area of the taskbar if you use that.  I also assign an icon to it to make it easier to see.  Then start FSX.  After FSX is started, click on rexwxengine.exe and the weather engine will start and you are all set to go.

Please note that you need to install REX textures at least once.  Then you can leave it alone.  Once you have installed textures that you like, you do not need to use the REX GUI until you want to install other textures or use the REX weather themes.

Hope this helps you.

Bill Barrette&&P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 7600GS 512MB AGP, WinXP SP3, FSX SP2&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top