Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How are the flight dynamics? (Read 4220 times)
Launchbury

How are the flight dynamics?
Jun 9th, 2009 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I have the FS9 727 Professional and the flight dynamics bugged me a bit. Slow roll rate, overpowered, always bounced on landing, etc. Are the dynamics for the FSX version cleaned up? I have 757 Captain and I really enjoy the way it flies. Is 727 Captain in the same field as 757?

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Re: How are the flight dynamics?
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
It is much better.  The roll rate is very smooth and responsive.  I have yet to bounce it on landing.  It is a harder plane to fly though.  On approach, in order to keep it from sinking like a rock you need to give it about 3/5 - 4/5 throttle.  However, this is what the real aircraft is like.  All in all the flight dynamics are extraordinary.  Way to go CS.

IP Logged

yigit

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
aal763 wrote on Jun 9th, 2009 at 12:50pm:
On approach, in order to keep it from sinking like a rock you need to give it about 3/5 - 4/5 throttle.  However, this is what the real aircraft is like.

I was wondering if this is normal or not. it is impossible to land without that much throttle, especially 25 or higher flaps. it bleeds speed immediately. However, with that throttle setting, "Don't Sink" is quite annoying. Is that normal, too?

Yigit

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
It is normal to use this much throttle on approach.  But the don't sink is an annoying thing, that does not happen in landing configuration on real world 727's at least not too my knowlege.  A way to fix this is too just add this line to your aircraft.cfg under the [GPWS] section.

max_warning_height = -1 //disable integral FSX GPWS

Smiley

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2009 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
When this bird first hit the line with the airlines, the T-tail, which is partly responsible for the high sink rate, caused at least two mishaps (airline speak for crash) until the pilots got used to the sink rate.

I was on a trip as an F/E and saw the folowing demonstrated: 10,000' 220 KIAS. When the end of the runway passed under the nose, gear down, flaps out (we had to wait until the first notch of leading edge flaps before lowering the rest - mandatory!) and a safe landing!

Really enjoyed my time at the F/E panel.

Jack S.
Smiley

IP Logged

JETPILOT

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Once past flaps 25 all of the flap movement is down and not aft. So flpas 30 and flaps 40 really add a ton of drag and little lift and do require alot of power at those flaps settings. The flaps on the 727 are huge and the triple slotting creates a huge amount of lift. Most planes are restricted to flaps 25 or 30 landing for nopise abatment. At flaps 30 or 40 your creating a hell of alot of drag and alot of power resulting in alot of engine noise. The simulation is accurate inthat respect. Try landing at flaps 25 and add 10 knots to VAPP and 5 to VREF.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
JETPILOT, I remember you from another forum- aren't you a real-world 727 pilot?

If so, would you mind emailing me at kevin@flightsim.com?

IP Logged

JETPILOT

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Hi Kevin,

Yes... I fly the 727. E-mail sent.

RegardS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top