Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
 25 Missing sounds - tips and tricks (Read 100579 times)
Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Missing sounds - tips and tricks
Reply #90 - Feb 24th, 2010 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
1. Please read Forum Rules, rules #2, 5, 11

2. Please check-in to Your Profile, click Product name link and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB#1094 and read the last paragraph. We have currently nothing to add to it.

IP Logged

giggsy07

no sound
Reply #91 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
can some one please help i am trying to get the sound to work like all the call outs, FA well all the sounds really i have looked at older post and tried the setting the sim sound thing from 1 to 0 but it wont let me save it i am logged on as an administrator but when i go to save it say access denied. i am using windows 7 can anyone help plus i am a computer biff

IP Logged

Jet2

Reply #92 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Save the .ini file on your desktop then drag it back into the Captain Sim folder and select overwrite. I'm also having a few sound issues;

- 1,000 to go callout doesnt work
- Passenger sign alarms don't work in 2D panel (works in the VC).
- TCAS system test works but is extremely delayed in 2D panel (works in the VC instantly).
- Glide-slope warning doesn't seem to want to play correctly, it will play even if I am in the glide-slope.

I have the setting to "0" in the init file... I have also tried "1".

IP Logged

Nyxx

Reply #93 - Apr 11th, 2010 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
CS is the only addon aircraft that VC sounds dont work for me, the reply at the top on this page=they have not fixed it and thats that, go away..... I have 727,757 and 767 there all the same. Love them but no VS sounds, i will never buy anymore CS unless they fix it. Stp flying all 3 CS as every other aircraft works perect.
Like a lot say there support is very poor.

I bet this reply gets deleted. Sad

Dave.&&

IP Logged

StickMan

Reply #94 - Apr 11th, 2010 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
For me (727, 757, 767) I had to do the following

SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=1
SoundOffWhenSimIsPaused=1
SoundOffWhenSimDialogIsOpen=1

to

SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0
SoundOffWhenSimIsPaused=0
SoundOffWhenSimDialogIsOpen=0

But just that did not work, I had to install a codec package witch I got here, http://shark007.net/ after that all worked. I'm guessing I was missing some audio codec somehow.

IP Logged

Nyxx

Reply #95 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 10:02am
Print Post  
StickMan wrote on Apr 11th, 2010 at 2:33pm:
For me (727, 757, 767) I had to do the following

SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=1
SoundOffWhenSimIsPaused=1
SoundOffWhenSimDialogIsOpen=1

to

SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0
SoundOffWhenSimIsPaused=0
SoundOffWhenSimDialogIsOpen=0

But just that did not work, I had to install a codec package witch I got here, http://shark007.net/ after that all worked. I'm guessing I was missing some audio codec somehow.

After installing did you have to change anything in the app or did just installing solve the problem?
Are you on W7?
Cheers
Dave.

Dave.&&

IP Logged

StickMan

Reply #96 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
My situation went like this, first I got plane then noticed no custom sounds like GPWS, Windows, buttons, APU, etc. So came to the forum looking for answers and saw this thread, attempted the changing the 1's to 0's and still no custom sounds. So I gave up for a bit and then came back to try again and thought about codecs for different formats of media and found the shark codec package, with just about all formats of audio and video. After install sounds work fine now. All I have to do now is just every time CS updates the installer have to rechange the 1's to 0's again.

Also running Windows Vista 64bit, with the codecs I first installed the Vista 32bit installer for my OS as required then ran the 64bit installer and I was up and running. Some of my favorite FSX aircraft now.

Added: Also I did not have to edit anything within the program, I just installed and all was fine.

IP Logged

Popcorn

APU woes
Reply #97 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Okay so I have the 4.4 version installed and I am trying to fly a leg from KPHL to KMCO. After starting the battery and going through the checklist, I start the APU. It does start and it gets to 100% but then after a few seconds, it shuts down. Also, even with a cold & dark cockpit, the engine sound is heard from an external view. When the APU starts there is no sound. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happens?

IP Logged

StickMan

Re: APU woes
Reply #98 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Hey, I'm sure if your APU sounds are not working then other custom sounds like Windows, Buttons, GSWP etc sounds may not work also. There are threads here to help get the sounds working again.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1247377039

Sure there are more as well. I had same issue and that thread and installing audio/video codecs worked for me to get sounds working again.

IP Logged

Popcorn

Reply #99 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Thanks for that, I will give it a try tomorrow for the sounds. However, does anyone know why my APU continues to shut down on me?

IP Logged

Popcorn

Reply #100 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Changing those settings still didn't work and the APU continues to shut down on me for no reason. Any other ideas?

IP Logged

StickMan

Reply #101 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Popcorn wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:20pm:
Changing those settings still didn't work and the APU continues to shut down on me for no reason. Any other ideas?

Did you also try the audio/video codecs here as mention above http://shark007.net/ ?

IP Logged

bbain

Reply #102 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Popcorn wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 at 1:22am:
Thanks for that, I will give it a try tomorrow for the sounds. However, does anyone know why my APU continues to shut down on me?

Did you make sure your fuel pumps were on?

IP Logged

Popcorn

Reply #103 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 6:48am
Print Post  
APU starting and staying on issue has been resolved. It was due to an issue with FSUIPC. I now have the sounds in the VC all the time, but sometimes they are missing from the 2d. I did install the codecs as recommended, copied the MSVCR71.dll file to both C: and Main FSX folder (was already in System32) and Changed the sound file as suggested. I guess this is just a bug that I will have to live with until CS comes out with an update if they choose to fix it. At least I can do everything from the VC and most things from the 2d.

IP Logged

FredZSJIZ

Reply #104 - May 18th, 2010 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
For me, that worked: Rename in .\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\sound.RR and .\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\sound.PW this four files 757idle.wav, x757cfm.wav, x757idle.wav, x757idle2.wav to *.wav.off

Best Regards&&Fred (ZS JIZ)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top