Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Continous Turning on LNAV AND VNAV (Read 8141 times)
Alcides Segovia

Continous Turning on LNAV AND VNAV
Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Hello Pilots, I have had my CS copy for a time now but every once in a while my 757-200 or 757-300 Starts Turning till it dives into the ocean. The problem only gets solved when i Turn off the autopilot but once i Turn it back on I still get the same Problem. Most of my flights with Captainsim are never finished because of this problem.

My specs
Windows Vista Home SP1
2GB RAM
Nvidia 9500GT
3.16GHZ Duo Core E8500 Intel.

AIRACRAFTS
CS757-200 4.2
CS757-300 4.2

Any tips or help appreciated.

IP Logged

rupesh

Re: Continous Turning on LNAV AND VNAV
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
i have seen many of the problems arise from saved flights. it is just strange to me that some unrelated saved flights have effect on the flight u r taking. before anything, if u can delete any saved flights that u may have may actually solve the problems, if u don't have any saved flights then probably a clean download and install with the antivirus and firewall turned of may help. i had continuous dive problem and a reinstall has solved it.

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I have a similar problem but the difference is that everytime I fly out from an add-on airport as soon as I take off after 1000 feet the aircraft cannot stay in the air it stalls and dives down no matter wether the A/P is on or off even if I try to fly MAN I cannot keep in it the air and then i fly from a default airport and everything is fine quite strange I think.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Patrick, I had similar in my 757 last night, after positive climb, but before 1000 AGL flap retraction scheduled, the plane kept pitching up and up and up and finally stalled before I realized just what was happening.  I had very poor weather, and thought maybe this was the cause.  Reset back to the active, reloaded the plane, reset my FMS and all checklists and proceeded again without any trouble.  So I don't know, but worth comment that I had a similar thing there.

Haven't had the LNAV/VNAV issue the original poster mentions, but I have to wonder, what was the condition of FMS in the LEGS screen when it happened?  Unresolved Route Discontinuity will cause that sort of behavior, I think.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
But I noticed it happens only if I fly off from an add-on airport, i flew from madiera which is an add-on and I just couldn't keep it in the air not even manually I tried about 10 times and still the plane just goes crazy, I flew off from another airport (default) and its fine, now I flew off from Malta nearly everytime but i just recently bought an the addon of the airport and again I took off and it started going crazy and crashed so I had to fly from catania to malta cause coming in an addon airport then its fine.

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I just uninstalled and installed again with firewall and antivirus disabled and like to add that I installed the 4.2 version now i just cant fly were ever i take off it just cant keep in the air very strange and autopilot or no auto pilot its very unbalanced

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I just tried to the A/C again and when I took off I immedietaley trimed down the stab it was 3.7 and put it down.What I noticed is as soon as I am off the ground it starts loosing airspeed trimming it down quickly it goes back to normal as soon as i switched on the AP thats it hell broke loose disconnnected the AP but it was too rough I could nt take control and i noticed as well that when you disconnec the AP or AT you still cant get the manual control example I disconnect the AT and when I mov the throttle nothing I click a few times on the ARM but still nothing then i pressed F3 and i gained control the same hing happend with the AP as soon as it started to go crazt I disconnected the AP but the yoke was not moving up or down or left or right.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Patrick,

This is the first I recall hearing about an AT issue like that, but some have had the AP disengage issue you mention and there is a thread specific to it here on CS forums.

Important (from my experience) to use the AP Disengage bar on the MCP, and not a soft button or the Z key, as the default FS "AP Disconnect" seems only to remove the CMD button, which is not something you can actually do in a 757, the AP Disengage bar must be pulled out.

Others have stated it's related to the 4.40 version of FSUIPC and have reported that issue goes away when reverting back to 4.30 version of FSUIPC.

Are you having the problem just with the AP, or specifically with the AP LNAV/VNAV like Alcides was originally reporting in this thread?

If so, I'd certainly check your LEGS page in the FMC and make sure there are no discontinuities, and double check against PLAN mode on the EFIS display knob and "STEP" thru the LEGS page to make sure that the route looks sane on the EHSI display.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
No there is no lnav/vnav just a normal flight I take off and I find it quite hard to keep it balanced i put the heading altitude and speed and when i switch everything on thats it its start banking left and right all over the place when I swtch the AP off i use the white bar even with AT i click on the arm switch and they just dont move even when i have the fmc programmed the same so I have no idea.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Yup, that issue is covered in this topic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top