Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 757 V 4.2: Radio tuning issue? (Read 6921 times)
bob_r

757 V 4.2: Radio tuning issue?
Dec 28th, 2008 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
I've recently installed version 4.2 of the 757 for FSX, and I've encountered a peculiar problem - I cannot seem to tune any of the COM radios on the radio stack. I cursor over the tuning knob, as well as the frequency windows, and get the usual + and -, but nothing I do will change the frequency. I've tried numerous times, with the aircraft in a fully powered state.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any ideas on what may be happening?

Thanks for any tips.

- Bob

IP Logged

TLCabral

Re: 757 V 4.2: Radio tuning issue?
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Make sure the "Auto" button is not engaged.  Change to "Man" and you should be able to change the the frequency manually.  Hope that resolves your issue. Smiley

IP Logged

Bruce Leehan

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 5:25am
Print Post  
The man/auto button is only on the NAV radios...I am having the exact same issue. unable to tune radios. This is following a clean install and using the FSX default flight situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully Bruce Leehan

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Strange.... I have a clean FSX installation too and I can change the VHF frequency, ILS, NAV ect...

What are the addons installed ?

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Bruce Leehan

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 12:03am
Print Post  
FSX Acceleration, and unregistered (limited) version of FSUIPC..no other addons.

IP Logged

Bruce Leehan

Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 3:05am
Print Post  
nevermind...working now. rebooted for fourth time....

IP Logged

bob_r

Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Hey Bruce,

So, your issue with tuning the radios is now fixed? All you did was reboot? Please let me know if there is anything else you did in addition to this. I've rebooted many times.

My issue still persists. I have a ticket open with Support, and so far, they've asked me to re-install FSX SP2, which I've done. Still no luck.

As an aside, I also have the violent rocking side to side issue that's been mentioned a few times in this forum. Happens every time a switch on the autopilot.

Looks like I might be "shelving" this sim again. I've been over a year trying to get this 757 to work well enough to complete a flight. Quite a shame, since it looks like it has great potential.

Thanks in advance for any other tips anyone can offer.

- Bob

IP Logged

Bruce Leehan

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
I know you probably tried this...but did you start out with the FS default flight?

I honestly am stupified why it started working for me..however..now that I have fixed that issue, I noticed that when I start the engines...I have no engine sound, AT ALL...I have uninstalled, my sound drivers (Realtek) then reinstalled, and even updated the driver after that didn't work. I also uninstalled the CS Pro pack, and the freighter, then reinstalled in the proper order and still no engine sounds. I have switch sounds and faint APU sounds, but that's it as far as the 757 goes. All other planes seem unaffected. Oh well, I'll keep working on it. Good luck with your radio issue.  Undecided

IP Logged

bob_r

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Bruce, you rock! Smiley

Believe it or not, I did *not* think of loading up the 757 by starting the default flight first.

I just tried this - I started my FSX default flight (in my case, a Cessna Skylane ready to go on Montreal's active runway), and then I changed aircraft to the 757. The radios were tunable!

Now I haven't tried to switch back to my other flight, or try to create a new one, so this is what I will try next. However, this is progress!

Unfortunately, I still get the violent side to side rocking motion when I turn on the autopilot, but that is another issue being discussed in another thread.

Thanks very much for the excellent suggestion Bruce. I'll now see how much further I can get (without the autopilot) and what new issues I run into. I haven't encountered the sound issue you mentioned yet. Good luck with that.

Cheers.

- Bob

IP Logged

Bruce Leehan

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Cool

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Make certain your Avionics Master is switched ON with another aircraft first, or bind a key to it in the controls section of Options->Settings.  This is likely the cause.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top