Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 weather  radar? (Read 13108 times)
blackforce

weather  radar?
Jan 20th, 2009 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
can someone help me with the wx radar? when i power it on it just stays on test, i saw this thing work only about 2 times. and seems to me no support for this aircraft at all, this is on vista 64bit, thanks

IP Logged

blackforce

Re: weather  radar?
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
just found out the guy who made this, is done  with it and locked everthing over there.
http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=193
http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=71103

IP Logged

blackforce

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
well anybody know why this is not working?

IP Logged

bhodges61

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Sorry, I can't really help.  If I turn my weather on to anything other than 'Clear Skies' none of the cockpit sounds work anymore...not kidding.  Which also makes the radar all but useless.

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Assuming you pressed the ON button on the EFIS panel after powering up the radar, and you are in the air and you actually have weather to paint, have you increased the gain?

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

blackforce

Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
thanks guy, i got it to work hifi weather system asa, will not work with it.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Guys,

When you start the WX Radar, you need to understand it will display the test pattern for a while.  Nothing will show unless the Weather button is also pressed on EFIS panel.  This button is directly adjacent to the right of the HSI display switch (the one that sets VOR/ILS/MAP/PLAN).

Both the WX radar must be on and the WX switch on EFIS.  Additionally all the correct buttons must be active in the WX Radar panel.

It will only show you weather pertinent to its orientation (I.e. deflect it downward to see what's below your current attitude, etc).  This is not a "real time display", you must wait for the radar to sweep the area and the computer to process the information.

It does work, I use it every flight.  If you still have trouble after this, please specify exactly how you have your related systems configured, and provide a screenshot of your EFIS, WX Radar, and HSI and I'll try to help.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Oh and also, don't forget to hit the 2D panel.  The WX Radar isn't a Captain Sim product, but is included in this plane, and it is tied to the 2D panel somehow... gotta go there (even just for a second) to get it to work in the VC.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

blackforce

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
hey thanks for your help, here is a screen shot. and everything is on and it just stays on test.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Hey buddy, I don't know the trouble then.  Be sure to cycle all interior and exterior views.  If this doesn't help, one thing I've noticed which helps to clear "odd" problems in this plane is to delete any saved flights which 757 is selected (or possibly all saved flights).

I had the "RAT Unlocked" bug for many weeks, and finally decided to delete all my saved flights.  Since this, all problems with this plane have gone away.

Hope it helps. Grin

IP Logged

blackforce

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
ok where do i delete the flights from? thanks

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
From in the main "Free Flight" window, where it asks you what plane, location, weather, time, etc.  There is a row of buttons, one is marked "Load"  from within here, you get a list of all saved flights, highlight them and then click the delete button for each... once this is done, shut down and restart FSX and it will restart with the default flight which has the ultralight and such... from here, if you load 757 and cycle thru all displays before turning on anything in the plane, I would hope the radar issue you have goes away. Cheesy

IP Logged

blackforce

Reply #12 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 12:13am
Print Post  
nope it don't work, using asa from hifi the radar will not come on just satys on test, but thanks for your help.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 2:15am
Print Post  
There must be another issue elsewhere then.  Hmm.  Have you tried a total uninstall following the directions from the knowledgebase?  Maybe something didn't get installed right in the first place.

IP Logged

blackforce

Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
yep already reinstalled simmarket sold me 4.1 so i then downloaded 4.2, and come to think of it the radar worked with 4.1, but the aircraft was so unstable, that is why i got 4.2, boy this thing has been nothing but a pain in the rear. Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top