Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 230467 times)
Schmid

Re: autopilot speed problem
Reply #90 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
nhraracer90

More information is needed.

First of all I suppose you are leveled at your cruise altitude and adjusted speed on speed knob.

Also you have autopilot activated.

Have you activated FD?
Have you activated AT?
Can you post an image of your panel when this happens, specially with PFD?

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Reply #91 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 2:34am
Print Post  
how do you post a picture on here?

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #92 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I sent a "ticket" to Captain Sim along with a picture and they told me "Unfortunately we do not experience the issue. Check the manual for procedures."

IP Logged

Zakk

Re: I am at the end of my tether!
Reply #93 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
rob wrote on Apr 19th, 2009 at 10:21pm:
I have tried everything to get the AP function to work. I have set the IRS switches to align, waited until the lights extinguished and put them to NAV.

I have set all the panel exactly as Bob described in his youtube vids. Set the FMC as per the instructions in the stickied tutorial and still it wont work. I have also read all 5 manuals.

It wont auto take off. It wont follow the fmc when I hit LNAV and VNAV and I cant change heading when not using fmc (and I know about right clicking the knob). It wont even hold altitude, just climbs and climbs.

I am using it in FSX SP2 and 32bit vista and have also reinstalled twice.

Rob

I have EXACTLY the same problem..  only difference is im using FSX Acceleration, Vista 64bit. and the 4.3 757 series

sent numerous support tickets to captain sim support,
ive either been told to search for numerous KB references and/ or been told to read the manuals, (which i have read, numerous times)

and it STILL wont work?

Possible ideas for it not working;
FSUIPC (im using the one that is IN the 4.3 version of the 757 supplied by CS)
Sim connect (works wine with all the other A/C i have)

Zakk

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #94 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 1:24am
Print Post  
I have the Captain Sim 727 and it works fine. The 757 is the only one I have this problem, so that tells me it is the 757. Everything else on the 757 works fine but my speed not holding like it should.

IP Logged

JRBarrett

Reply #95 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 12:31am
Print Post  
nhraracer90 wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 at 2:30am:
anything? I do not mess with the FMC, only thing I do is put in the IRS position. Today i had it set at 235 and it went right past that to 248-250 before it pulled back the throttle.

Not "messing with the FMC" is probably the source of your problem. Entering just your initial IRS position is not enough - you must enter additional information during your pre-flight setup, or the engine performance management system and autothrottle will not work properly.

At a minimum, you need to enter your departure and destination airports, and probably at least one waypoint linking them together - your departure airport takeoff runway, takeoff flap setting, your zero fuel weight, intended cruise altitude and (possibly) cost factor. Without that preliminary information the FMS cannot calculate engine EPR settings for takeoff, climb and cruise, which would most likely render your autothrottle inoperative - even if the A/T switch is "on".

This aircraft isn't bug-free, but I can tell you from personal experience that the speed management functions DO work very well... IF the preliminary FMS programming is done before takeoff. You really do need to read and follow the procedures in the manual if you want the 757 to work properly, which is why CS keeps telling you do so when you submit trouble tickets.

In a real 757, the autopilot's basic heading and altitude hold functions will still work if the FMS fails - but the autothrottle definitely will NOT.

Another user here as produced some very good video tutorials for setting up the aircraft and programming the FMS before flight. The links are posted elsewhere in the forum.

Another thing to check: go to the FSX "aircraft" menu, then select the "realism" sub-menu. be sure that FSX is set up to display "indicated airspeed" and NOT "true airspeed" - otherwise you would definitely see overspeed problems, which will get more and more serious as your altitude increases.

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Reply #96 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
Another thing to check: go to the FSX "aircraft" menu, then select the "realism" sub-menu. be sure that FSX is set up to display "indicated airspeed" and NOT "true airspeed" - otherwise you would definitely see overspeed problems, which will get more and more serious as your altitude increases.

You are my hero. That fixed it, so far  Grin

IP Logged

JRBarrett

Reply #97 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 3:37am
Print Post  
nhraracer90 wrote on Jul 25th, 2009 at 1:14am:
Quote:

You are my hero. That fixed it, so far  Grin

Glad it helped! Always best to use indicated airspeed for any FSX add-on - otherwise all kinds of overspeed problems will arise.

Jim Barrett

IP Logged

MSpencer

Autopilot stops following FLT DIRs
Reply #98 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
After flying for a certain amount of time the autopilot will go wonky and stop following the flight directors.
This happens with FSUIPC 4.3 (not the one provided by CS which kills the 757 autopilot) with squawkbox on or off, with activesky on or off, with FSPax on or off, in all situations and circumstances. It seems to occur when the arrivals page is updated in the FMC. Whenever I program in a new STAR in the air, or even just change the arrival runway, the autopilot dies. Vertical modes work ok, but NO lateral mode works at all (HDG Hold, HDG select, LNAV, LOC, VOR). The airplane just decides to bank in a direction and will continue to bank in that direction.
The direction it's banking in appears to just be random. I'm a bit tired of having to fly the last 35 minutes of my flight by hand. I shot a CAT III ILS approach at EHAM the other day because my autopilot died on me.
Anybody else have this issue?

IP Logged

Schmid

Re: Autopilot stops following FLT DIRs
Reply #99 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Yes, I have experienced this once.

For a coincidence I had to do a full FSX reinstall. Since then, I had made a dozen flyes and it not happened again.

Regards

Schmid

IP Logged

flyboy909

Autopilot Not Engaging
Reply #100 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Hi I bought the 757 and all the expansion packs a while ago. When ever I start FSX with it I switch the IRS knobs to ALIGN and wait for them to go out. Then when they do I switch them to NAV. Then I take off but when I'm ready to engage autopilot the buttons will not light up. I can press the disengage button but the engage buttons will simply not light up. I've tried to figure out what to do for weeks but just cannot!!! Please help me! Angry

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: Autopilot Not Engaging
Reply #101 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Hello, Did you watched the two available totorials?

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

flyboy909

IRS Position
Reply #102 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Hi, I can't get the AP to engage and when I switch the IRS knobs to NAV after they have aligned the FMS says ENTER IRS POSITION and I think thats why I can't get the AP to engage. So how do you enter the IRS POSITION?

IP Logged

swivelhi

AUTOPILOT PROCEDURE
Reply #103 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Fellow Forum Members, I'm new to your site but have had many years of MSFS hours through all the previous iterations. I purchased 757 Captain from Captainsim/Just Flight and I can't figure out AutoPilot. Could someone please direct me to the proper sequence inwhich the various switches are turned on and what data must be input. For example, can I change my heading just by changing the values on the heading indicator switch and if so what other sequence of switches are required to allow this to happen. I know these are probibly stupid questions, forgive me but the manual just doesn't seem to provide the depth. Thank you

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: AUTOPILOT PROCEDURE
Reply #104 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Hello welcome here :

This should help you :
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876

and

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236018623