Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Switching from the 767 - Impressed (Read 2269 times)
767-300

Switching from the 767 - Impressed
Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
I've been lucky in that I've not had the 757 Block B for that long and had only flown it a couple of times for the lack of a FMC, I know for many it's been a long and painful wait.

Having decided to wait and see what initial bugs and issues people had with the Block F release, I was a bit concerned, that in less than 2 weeks version 2 was out

However today I purchased the V2 Block F and without reading the documentation used my 767 knowledge to do a couple of test flights from a cold and dark cockpit using the procedures from flying the 767 and I am seriously impressed in that I found the two aircraft remarkably alike and managed to get the aircraft up and running and programmed the FMC with little difficulty, so I suspect they are modelled as well as can be expected given the limitations of the flight simulator it's self

Also revised the flight plan mid flight without issues

Yes I've noticed some bugs which I can only hope are ironed out before you move on to competing the FSX version.

Anyway - good job Captain Sim - at last I have a nice functional 757 that's a pleasure to fly

www.pilotdatabase.co.uk/cs1.jpg

www.pilotdatabase.co.uk/cs3.jpg

www.pilotdatabase.co.uk/cs4.jpg

IP Logged

signmanbob

Re: Switching from the 767 - Impressed
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
I agree 100% 767.  I didn't use it much before the Block F was introduced, but now I have been using this Captain Sims' 757-200 and now -300 constantly and I absolutely love it.  I also own the 767 your familiar with and it is a fine airline too, but something that I am really impressed with on Captain Sims is how user friendly the mouse controls are in the virtual cockpit.
I have not seen a virtual cockpit that is so easy to control as the way Captain Sim has made his.  The knobs and switches work almost as easy as if you were sitting in the cockpit using your fingers.  It makes it a real pleasure to fly.
I was having a little trouble figuring out how to set the heading on the MCP, but once I got it figured out (click with both left and right mouse buttons) it also is the most logical and easy way to work the "SEL" button.
On top of that there is so much function and visual clarity within the virtual cockpit I just look forward to "climbing in" every time.
I am very excited about being able to use this fine airliner and very grateful to Captain Sim for doing such a great job with it. 

Great screen shots 767.  I always enjoy looking at good screenshots and Captain Sims' flight deck looks fantastic.

IP Logged

XM DUDE

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 1:51am
Print Post  
I wish I could say the same as the 757 was a great aircraft to fly I loved flying it. I logged many hours in it using FS Nav and FS passengers, and never a problem, until I made the mistake of adding block F which F***** up a great aircraft as my sound pack dosen't work and I have no auto pilot function what so ever. I ask for help and I get the rules thrown at me as they really don't want to hear about you're problem, so it is back to the 767 for me as it works well and I have never had a single problem with that aircraft. I no longer want to take a chance that a CS product will or will not work and customer service that treats you like a criminal if you ask a question, so I'm voting with my wallet and taking my money elsewhere.

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 2:44am
Print Post  
My auto pilot works just fine so I would have to say that your problem is probably with the other add-ons and not with Captain Sim's 757 Block F.
I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest FSUIPC, uninstall your add-ons and Cpt Sim's 757 BF, re-install Cpt Sim's 757 BF,  start the sim with the default Cessna at KSEA, fly the Block F to see if you still have the problem, then re-install each add-on until you find the culprit.  (Also remember if you want to start with the 757 "Cold and Dark",while you have the Cessna loaded, turn off the master switches and ignition, but don't turn off the avionics. That may cause problems too)
I don't use FS Passengers, but I understand that conflicts with airliner sims are not unusual with it.
I've used Captain Sim's support before with success.  I know that software support can become a massive headache if there is not some system of formatting it in place.  I've seen it on forums of other simulation developers and could actually hear the pain and frustration in their voice from dealing with massive amounts of customers on the same issue when I talked to them on the phone (actually referring to the support of the one you claim to be "going back" to).  They have a very good 767 model and there is nothing wrong with that approach to supporting it, if that's the way that they want to handle their support, but there is also nothing wrong with going by Captain Sim's requirements in acquiring his support when it is needed. 
There is no way that support can pinpoint a problem it they don't know the exact environment that their product is in.  It may seem like a little more trouble, but I can see the need for it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top