Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Base Pack - Extra Pack 1 - Extra Pack 2 -Discount (Read 7093 times)
Ian Warren

Base Pack - Extra Pack 1 - Extra Pack 2 -Discount
Feb 10th, 2008 at 12:41am
Print Post  
SmileyBrilliant C130 , It is the Best  Cheesy one little question for all maybe  , I,m looking forward to the Extra Pack 2 , specific the LC130 . Could I ask -  would a customer get the the discount earlier mentioned - the Pro Pack , I purchased your Extra Pack 1 addon .

Regards Ian  Smiley

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Re: Base Pack - Extra Pack 1 - Extra Pack 2 -Disco
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
I really like to know that too. I bought the C-130X when it came out and today the Extra 1 pack. And I'm waiting for the LC-130. BUT will people like us (the early adoptors) get the Extra 2 at a discount that results in the same as the pro pack or will we get punished because we bought that great addon as early as we could???

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately, with all due respect to early bird and loyal buyers we do not offer any discounts bases on time, frequence or number of purchases. Mainly because of possible technical complications associated with processing of the discounts.

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Well, that's sad. Because early birds are those who spread the word that the C-130X is a great addon and do advertising for you and yet they are ... well not ripped off ... but not granted the same discount as those who wait and get the pro pack some day.

For me personally its too late anyway, I already bought the base as well as ep1 and ep2 - simply because the C-130X is the best addon I've seen and flown in FSX and I've seen and flown many. But that doesn't stop me from finding that pretty sad  Cry

At least those early birds could get a freebie like exclusive repaints or another single model like the MC-130E combat talon. It's easy to verify by entering the three order numbers. Something to honor those that jump early and spread the word.

IP Logged

Flyingscotsman

Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Well, I have now spent 100Euros on the C-130X, having just installed Extra Pack 2, I cannot now fly any of them!

I am beginning to feel just a wee bit jaded.

Shall I say that I foolishly imagined I would automatically receive the discount on achieving "Pro Pack Status". Not a bit of it, Cap Sim appears to have an amazing disregard for its most loyal customers.

Time is money we are constantly being told, so how much time do we subscribe in what is testing the product for Cap Sim? If he sounded as if he loved his customers, perhaps it would be endured more willingly.

Not-Flying Scotsman

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Well there is no issue in the Herc that prevents her from flying. That is something between the Herc and your system. Its not like its buggy as the CheyenneX from Digital Aviation was in the release version. But anyway, the lack of appreciation for the loyal base suprises me. And there is no pro pack that can be bought despite every part is released seperately.

IP Logged

christoole

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I just wanted to go on record and add my (absolutely genuine) astonishment and (incredible) disgust to hear that the Pro Pack discount isn't available to those people who most support your product.  Like so many others, I waited patiently for the FSX C-130.  And happily shelled out when it was launched.  And hung around the forum for advice to get it running at a reasonable level (i.e. go to SP2, even though I didn't want to yet).  And fully intended to get the Extra I and II packs.  

But not now.  And unless something changes, not anything from you again.  I'm really sorry, because I think your products are good and a lot of darned hard work and skill has gone into creating them (especially the C-130).  Technically, your guys are brilliant.  But a decision to financially penalise the group of customers who (a) most appreciate your product, (b) provide the greatest input into the development of your product, and (c) are the most likely to buy all three volumes of your product, seems to me at best misguided and at worst cynical.

It wouldn't have been hard to do, Capt Sim.  Even at the cost of some extra admin, surely it was worth it?

My apologies to all for this rant, but I wasn't happy to just shrug my shoulders and go and spend my money elsewhere.  I'd rather speak to what I see as unfair.

Best regards

Chris

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Would it be hard? I doubt it. Look at Aerosofts shop. They manage to give people a 4 Euro discount when they purchase the Twin Otter if they own Lukla. You just have to enter the order number of Lukla, it's that easy. Hard? That's just a piss poor excuse. I bought all three packs anyway so there is little that can be done for me but I'll surely think about it twice before I buy something from CaptainSim again.

The C-130X is a great addon, so frameratefriendly yet so detailed. And the amount of different models is welcome too. And the panel, VC and textures are a work of art. Even at more than three times the costs of the another company Twin Otter the C-130X is still my best buy for FSX. I'm just fed up with the way loyal customers are treated around here.

IP Logged

rsgunner

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I bought the Base Pack and Extra Pack 1, the last being purchased on 2/13.

Maybe I am a little dense but if I want the Extra Pack 2 I have to pay the full price?

I could have waited a week and I would have saved 10 Euros?

Not the best way to treat repeat customers, actually it is very disappointing.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded&&handsomely, but the wings of gold of a&&United States Naval Aviator mean more&&than flying. It is dearly bought, requires &&sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

IP Logged

Ian P

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
To me, I'd say that it looks like no, you'd have to have not bought the base pack or either extra pack, so if you had held off and not got any of it yet, you save €10. If you have the Base Pack, or Extra 1 or Extra 2, you have to pay full price for anything more than that.

Depending on the eCommerce system, it can actually be quite hard to set up a discount system but I'll be honest here, this looks very much like shooting yourself in the foot in terms of customer relations to me, too.  Huh

Ian P.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Well, personally I do understand your feelings, but just a short example from my experience:
I've bought my first copy of FSX on the day1 for $80 canadian +TAX.
Yesterday I got one more copy, just for $60. Probably in a few months I'd find it for $29 in bargain bin.

Also I got all MS FS boxes since FS98 (all of them purchased on the day1), but for some reason I never got a penny of discount.

But I'm absolutely fine, because it's not the way MS treats me (loyal early bird) but it's just standard software marketing.

Anyways, we are about to launch our new more powerfull online system, so hopefully we'll find a way to thank our loyal customers somehow.

IP Logged

rsgunner

Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
With all due respect your talking apples and oranges.

I am talking about add on components  not an original package.

In any event  I am looking forward the new "powerful online system".

Time to go fly my Dyess C-130 to Eglin AFB.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded&&handsomely, but the wings of gold of a&&United States Naval Aviator mean more&&than flying. It is dearly bought, requires &&sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

IP Logged

ColoKent

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
For what it's worth, I'm going to buy the Pack II at whatever price they're selling it-- cause I want those L-100-30s!  And I'll re-buy the F-104 set and Boeing 707 if they crank them out as well-- it's "bidness".

TTFN,

Kent    Wink

IP Logged

Private-Cowboy

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Ok ok I got it  Grin

I must say, the L-100 is nice, I've flown her today. But I need some paints for sure, the UN paint is not my thing. I'd love to see some SAT for the L-100.

IP Logged

ColoKent

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Cowboy,

Try going on to airliners.net, go to their photo search page, and after selecting "Lockheed C-130/L-100", select "Civil Only", and I believe you'll find 19 pages of photos of civil L-100s.  It's great.  Since my last post with you, I forked over the money for Pack 2, but Captain Sim's servers look to be overloaded at the moment....we'll get it later.

K.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top