Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
 25 Captain Sim B-52 Stratofortress (Read 98249 times)
Amshat

Re: Captain Sim B-52 Stratofortress
Reply #120 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
As other members have already pointed out CS released the 727 exterior before they came out with the full version and look at how great that product turned out. Considering the quality of of CS's other products, I for one have no problem waiting for them to finish it up. Even if they don't decide to release a VC/Systems upgrade the exterior will be the best B-52 on the market even without them. Antagonizing CS isn't going to get you what you want so just sit back and relax and try to have a modicum patience and understanding.

IP Logged

mach1

Reply #121 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
@ Dax

It is not my wish to discredit or dis-rail the great Capt sim....but when you quoted my post and offered your postulated views...i am surprised to see that you also have failed to see the bigger picture my friend..

you state:

''What would you rather have?  An interior that has no external model? Or and exterior where you could either add your own choice of cockpit or wait for the official one?  You could have both if you are willing to wait a few more years.''...

Dont you see??????..Capt sim hasnt even stated they are going to release a VC!!!!!!. so why do you suppose we could have BOTH in a few yrs..what do you base your presumptions on?.and as i already reiterated MY VIEWS were that they SHOULD of worked on a VC as WELL as the exterior!..i thought i made that simple point pertinent....please re-read my statements...and as for what i would like.. a b52 exterior with a b52 cockpit..not a ridiculous 747 aliased one!...its an insult to any serious FSX simmer to expect to pay for such a thing!

The 727 for FSX was released with no cockpit to speak of.  CS came through with a great updated version of the 727 cockpit.  I think it will be the same for the Buff.  But as they have to start from scratch, hence the longer development time.
On to the cockpit.  CS's Legendary C-130 for FS9 took 3 years to develop.  Most of that you can imagine is on the cockpit, vc and gauges.  The Buff has six seated positions. That's five full cockpits so to speak.  

I think you will find if you do some research and look into the delays on the c130 you will see it was  more to do with internal management conflicts and personal issues than actual physical development problems..But even with the convoluted stressful gestation period of the c-130 ...at least it had a complete fully working interior model...this is sadly not the case for the b52 nor does it appear to be a planned future inclusion....

Your views of reality seem sadly compromised..you state:

In Reality (as seems to be the sentence for this topic).  CS moved to the modular retail solution with the 757.  You bought the product in blocks so you can enjoy the aircraft as they develop it.  You get what they finish.  This also means they can concentrate on one part at a time to bring it out for you to enjoy as quickly as they can.  This was not embraced by everyone but it is a policy they have stuck to.  They are also working on multiple projects with a team that can’t be much bigger than when they worked on the 757.

and the biggest solution to all of it is....if you don't like it don't buy it...no one is forcing anyone too.

A note to all who read this topic too.  Captain Sim doesn’t accept any impolite behavior in there forum

CS moved to the modular retail solution with the 757???...so what does that mean for the end user..ie the PAYING customer??...buy half now..HOPE and PRAY the other much needed half  or bits and pieces will appear ONLY MAYBE if capt sim feels like it in a few more yrs!!!...so why do we still have their F117 with a f18 vc??...if you or anyone else subscribe to this increasingly prevalent  policy all you are doing is supporting any further half baked future releases from Capt sim...cant you see that?

You say ''They are also working on multiple projects with a team that can’t be much bigger than when they worked on the 757.''
Well in my opinion they would be better finishing one project in a professionally accepted way before starting a dozen others (how many of them are without internal models??????)...

Finally you for some weird reason feel like making the bold statement that   '' Captain Sim doesn’t accept any impolite behavior in there forum''.....

I am fully aware of Capt sims Forum Etiquette..i also realise that impolite or immature argumentative behaviour is not acceptable on ANY forum!...not withstanding just Capt sims!..however i am also aware that in order to recieve feedback they must appreciate tha tnot everyone will be sweet and rosy all the time!

Of course they will also receive valuable and free! feedback from their customers and any future potential customers and that's invaluable if they so wish to continue to consolidate their Number one place in the fsim PAYWARE world so they will also have to be realistic with their forums and not just expect to listen to a few die hard devotes who for some strange reason are still not seeing the bigger picture on what's happening here!

Anyway i thank you for you input and please be assured i have nothing personal against you or anyone else on this forum or Capt sim and their fine team of skilled people that give us so much ....all i want is a decent INTERIOR MODEL with every EXTERIOR....AS IN MOST freeware  AND EVEN LETS BE HONEST THE DEFAULT fsx AIRCRAFT!.....IS IT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK???...couldnt they have at leat released thsi with a BETA VC..then later the pro version!??......like i said...i will not be buying this model now...and i doubt a lot of others will be!   

.....am very annoyed Capt sim even expects ANYONE to want to buy a plane with a cockpit!....whats next...no wheels??...or no wings??...where does one draw the line?....

IP Logged

JB

Reply #122 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
kcgb wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 8:12pm:
JB wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 5:03pm:
Anyone who buys the B-52 before it's completely
finished hurts us all.

I think you are acting like an 8 year old. All you have to do is wait and anyway, this is the only B-52 that I know of that has any sort of VC for FSX.

Wait?
Wait for what?  Captain Sim has said nothing is promised for the future.

A 747 VC/2d Panel in a B-52 is outrageous and insulting to serious flight simmers.

Maybe beginners who don't know the difference will  buy it?

IP Logged

kcgb

Reply #123 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 12:30am
Print Post  
JB wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 11:58pm:
kcgb wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 8:12pm:
JB wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 5:03pm:
Anyone who buys the B-52 before it's completely
finished hurts us all.

I think you are acting like an 8 year old. All you have to do is wait and anyway, this is the only B-52 that I know of that has any sort of VC for FSX.

Wait?
Wait for what?  Captain Sim has said nothing is promised for the future.

A 747 VC/2d Panel in a B-52 is outrageous and insulting to serious flight simmers.

Maybe beginners who don't know the difference will buy it?

WAIT for CS to officially say they will not be makeing a VC.

757 pro pack&&757 freighter &&C-130 base pack&&C-130 extra pack 1&&C-130 extra pack 2&&Xload&&767-300 Base Pack&&767 freighter&&767-200&&E-767 AWACS&&727-100 Base Pack&&727-200&&B52 BUFF&&727F&&707-300&&B-52 Driver&&Weapon&&&&[url="http://www.VectorLandclass.co.nz/"]&&;[/url]&&&&

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #124 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Hmm...  Quite the discussion has popped up since I've been gone :p

I appreciate the disappointment of those who are now upset that the exterior model is only being released.  Naturally, we all want more, and so do I.  This could be that Captain Sim is gauging the market for a B-52 and will go from there on the interior and systems, or it could be that perhaps they needed more funds right now and decided to make the exterior available.

If you think about it, the B-52 is a somewhat unconventional choice.  You see a goodly amount of airliners being made, lots of GA aircraft, a few fighters, but very few complex military bombers.  As a matter of fact, if Captain Sim went all the way with this I fancy it would be the only bomber for FSX that I would call truly complex.  For this reason I rather think that they are gauging the market for it.

In any case, I think I'll get it.  Their modeling is superb, and I rather fancy that I could win a few screenshot contests with it and recoup my 9 euros.

But, this is just my opinion.  I hope I won't be attacked for it.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #125 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Thank you all for your comments.

Just to confirm, as for to date, the B-52 product is just an exterior only with nothing else promised.
So if you like the model, you pay 9.99 (thank you!) and you enjoy the model as is.
If you do not need an exterior without VC/systems, then we are sorry we can't help you today.

As for the future, we will see what the future will bring us.

IP Logged

FSXaddict

Reply #126 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Ah, a little disappointed to hear about the vc. I'm glad I found this forum first. I almost bought it.  Thanks for clarifying the vc situation. Hope to see one in the future as I'd love to fly the bomber.

IP Logged

mangotango

Reply #127 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Yes I agree to FSXaddict... It is sad because I was looking forward to at least a VC in the near future. I'm truly sorry to say that I will not put my money towards this exterior as long as there is not an VC...
Just because CS VC's are the best on the market and I'm buying CS products mainly because of the VC.

IP Logged

InfantryNeverdie

Reply #128 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 1:48am
Print Post  
I am a newcomer to FSX in the last couple months and I have been eyeing CS products from day one especially the B-52 along with every other avid simmer out there! Until I have a guarantee of a Cockpit I cannot bring myself to buy this product or any other cs's products until I at least see a response by staff on their own forums. I want to know the forums are moderated and post's are replied to by CS staff when they have the time along with products being finished when started.

IP Logged

Martin Martinov

Forever New Frontiers

Reply #129 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
WOW WOW WOW..
What a heated thread...
I just received the mail from CS about the new BUFF. And after a quick check inline - a surprice - the plane has no VC... End of story.

What so problematic for you there -

No VC ---> No buy
VC ---> buy  Cheesy............. as simple as that (actually not that simple - I would rather waith for patch 1.4 or maybe 1.5...)

Regards,&&Martin Martinov

IP Logged

FlavioSSA

Reply #130 - Jan 21st, 2010 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Bought it! And very happy!!!  Grin

But please someone from CS can say something aboutt the FDE please? I don´t know if it´s correct in a B52 to go over 400 KIAS in takeoff. It climbs like a rocket!!! Can someone with more knowledge them me say something about it? Nothing that a quick tweak in the cfg could not correct.

PS: I personally LOVED the wingflex in this model.

Flávio Cardoso - P3Dv4 - FSX-SE
Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics
CS Products: 727 - 737 - 757 - 767 - 707 - 777 - C130 - B52 - WXR
IP Logged

JW2919

Reply #131 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Im glad I found this forum first I almost bought it.

IP Logged

jayman

Reply #132 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Buy, dont buy whatever,I got mine and I love it.For the price I can gladly fly it with an borrowed VC.

IP Logged

N85988

Reply #133 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 8:55am
Print Post  
WOW!!! What a heated topic.   I definitely don't want to take sides on this one....might end up a victim of a drive-by.   But I will make my comments anyway.   I can understand both sides of this discussion.  IF THE PRICE WERE HIGHER,  I would definitely expect an accurate VC.   But we are only paying 9.99 for an awesome looking external model with a working, not an accurate,  but WORKING VC.  The flight dynamics are pretty accurate too,  with the nose down attitude during takeoffs and landing and during most of its flight regime.  And for the post asking to clarify the power and speed it is capable of,  yes,  all is quite accurate.   One thing the BUFF pilots have to worry about alot is overspeeding,  especially with the flaps extended. I don't HAVE TO HAVE a truley accurate VC to enjoy flying this plane,  and if I need the feel of a B-52 interior,  I do have a B-52 2D panel that will serve the purpose.   So for only 9.99 you are really getting a great bargain,  and with Captainsim's post on what is included and what is not included,   you know what you are getting.  I am glad that people are expressing their frustrations about no realistic VC.  It is what is needed to let Captainsim know how many want the VC.   I just think some of the posts are a little too heated for the price of what we are getting.  I feel that the VC may have ended up being more of a project than Captainsim realized it would be,  so they are using this forum to help them decide if it would be worth their while to devote much more resources into such a project.   I have spent 10 years working on the real thing,  so I know what the interior looks like.  It is quite a bit different than an airliner,  and also quite different than a C-130.   Being a true combat aircraft with a unique Nav, Radar Nav,  EWO and Gunner position to possibly model would be a grwat undertaking,  requiring some very unique gauges.
   Just to reitterate,  I do understand both sides of this discusion,  and by no means care to take sides.  It may be hard to understand,  since I have bought the model,  but I too wouuld love to have an authentic VC.   I just didn't let it keep me from buying it.   It is my honest opinion that the more people who buy the external model,  the more likely we will be to see a VC made for it.   I also feel that for those who put nasty comments on here without buying the low cost external model aren't really helping the decision making process at all.   You just might be suprised how well the 747 VC actually works with the B-52.  It is not authentic,  but it does work well,  and you CAN fly the plane perfectly with it.

My own comments to Captainsim:   Thank you so much for the outstanding exterior model.   It is extremely detailed.   I love it 110%!   An I love the way it flies.   It really puts all of the other B-52 models,  payware and freeware,  to shame.    It's nice to have at least this much to enjoy now while we wait to see if a good VC will come later.   Even if one doesn't,  I am totally satisfied with this work of art.   Even if you would have charged more,  I would have still bought it.   It is totally worth it.   My Hat's off to you.   Grat job!!!

N85988

Well, Back to Flying...
Monica

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #134 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Thank you for kind comments and support!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top