Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
 25 Captain Sim B-52 Stratofortress (Read 98253 times)
mach1

Re: Captain Sim B-52 Stratofortress
Reply #105 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Hi I was extremely excited at the announcement that Capt sim was working on a B52!..i usually dont bother with payware as my funds are not exactly overflowing....however i have purchased a few FSX addons over the yrs when i feel they warrant the expense...

I am a BIG fan of the Vietnam war and all the aviation that was involved and was delighted that the Buff was going to be modelled by the great Capt sim.....and looking at the screenshots it looks amazing!....

One thing that attracted me to FSX was the inclusion of dedicated and highly authentic Virtual cockpits as oppossed to say xplanes basic offerings...even the FSX default aircraft have excellent  functional/flyable and in most cases detailed Virtual cockpits....however they cannont compare with some of the better PAYWARE VC's out there.....so one of the attractions for me and i would say EXPECTATIONS is a realistic and fully functional detailed emersive Virtual cockpit...

I often look out of the cockpit and also enjoy the many exterior views that FSX offers to further enhance my simming experience...

But what i fail toi understand is why such a respected and reputable company as Capt sim is doing when they intend to release such an iconic and amazing historic aircraft like the B52 which is so highly anticipated and desired by many....is being released with an aliased 747 Virtual cockpit and NO dedicated avionics or interior views at all!

I have just joined this forum to register my absolute disappointment  and utter confusion of what the hell Capt sim is playing at?....no one would order a truck and expect to pick it up incomplete?...

Imagine the scenario:
Oh, did I tell everyone I was buying a brand new truck next week? I got a heck of a deal!! Yeah, it's being delivered to KSEA via air freight. I have to take a trailer to pick it up. Strange new approach to the auto industry. I saved money and bought it without the engine, but it has pedals and two seats

Please please please Capt sim...stop this ridiculous policy and release fully complete and interior as well as exterior models!..i for one will sadly have to pass this one by and wait to see if the  vc is released at a future date..which from the admins comments here looks highly unlikely...i personally dont want to fly a b52 around from the default 747 cockpit...how belittling and unrealistic for any serious FSX pilot!....sorry for such a long post and going on but i am very disillusioned with your companies attitudes and policies as regards Payware releases of late and am deeply saddened that such a great company as yours can resort to such tactics.....thank you and take care...

IP Logged

FSFan

Reply #106 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:42am:
As for now the B-52 product is just an exterior with nothing else promised. As for the future VC/systems upgrades, we will see what the future will bring us.

Laughable.

Given this aircraft will not match up to even the most basic freeware package (given that 99% of freeware developers try to include a good VC), I suggest you release this product as freeware. To be perfectly honest there are several freeware aircraft that feature full VC's and systems modelling 3 times more complex than the B-52.

Perhaps you can explain how you think this is acceptable?

This is hugely embarassing for CaptainSim.

Tell you what, we'll make a compromise. I'll pay you $0.01 for the exterior. As for the future full payment, we will see what the future will bring for us. Nothing else promised.

IP Logged

Johnny Test

Reply #107 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 2:01am
Print Post  
[quote author=FSFan link=1196789767/105#107 date=1263692409]Laughable.

Given this aircraft will not match up to even the most basic freeware package (given that 99% of freeware developers [i]try[/i] to include a good VC), I suggest you release this product as freeware. To be perfectly honest there are several freeware aircraft that feature full VC's and systems modelling 3 times more complex than the B-52.

Perhaps you can explain how you think this is acceptable?

This is hugely embarassing for CaptainSim.

Tell you what, we'll make a compromise. I'll pay you $0.01 for the exterior. As for the future full payment, we will see what the future will bring for us. Nothing else promised.   [/quote]

I could'nt have said it any better! [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/Chu_Lee/ROL.gif[/IMG]

IP Logged

JB

Reply #108 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 2:02am
Print Post  
I'm the original poster who started this thread over 2 years ago.
This is definately NOT what I had in mind.

I was hoping for a B-52 of the same quality/complexity as their C-130,
with additional VC crew positions similiar to how they did the C-130 navigator and gunship positions.

Hopefully CS will read all these posts from upset customers and
reconsider.

Or another developer will pick up the ball and run with it?

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #109 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 2:24am
Print Post  
what people here seem to forget is that the 727 was also released exterior only first...
And honestly, I love that plane now!

A good 3D model takes time to make, as do textures for it.
But writing the system coding, and building a VC model are a lot of extra time...

If you were a dev, and had a perfectly good model lying around, just waiting for the systems (which are, to use CS's words, thousands of lines of handwritten code)  wouldn't you want to try to already show it to the world/make some money with it?

Be serious guys, breaking down CS won't help you getting the VC any sooner...
I also want it, very much... but there's no need to get al worked up, when you don't know CS's business strategy (I don't want to pretend I do know it either)

Just my opinion...

IP Logged

Ricky76

Reply #110 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 4:12am
Print Post  

A good 3D model takes time to make, as do textures for it.
But writing the system coding, and building a VC model are a lot of extra time...
. [/quote]

I fully agree! I will buy this regardless of the inclusion of systems/vc. I'm sure that if the sales prove worthy, there will be intrest to complete the model. I would prefer a full realease, but how many fsx b52's of this quality are there? I'm sure there is a solid mareketing stratedgy in place. My 2cents Cool

Rick harms CYVR&&To most the sky is the limit but to me it's home

IP Logged

Johnny Test

Reply #111 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Tyrion & Ricky76:

You two are as sharp as a bowling ball. Perhaps ya'll should READ his quote again!

Quote:
As for now the B-52 product is just an exterior with nothing else promised. As for the future VC/systems upgrades, we will see what the future will bring us.

Which part aren't you two understanding!?  Shocked But be that as it may, it takes a little bit of everything to make the world go around. And Tyrion, you're an aviation student huh?...Imagine That!  Huh

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #112 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Quote:
As for now the B-52 product is just an exterior with nothing else promised.
This part tells me that Captain Sim won't be making any VC/systems upgrades if they choose not to.

Quote:
As for the future VC/systems upgrades, we will see what the future will bring us.
But this part tells me that they might still add it some time in the future.

So maybe Tyrion & Ricky76 are looking on the positive side of the statement rather than the negative side. Just like I am.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #113 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Johnny Test wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 7:23am:
Tyrion & Ricky76:

You two are as sharp as a bowling ball. Perhaps ya'll should READ his quote again!

Quote:

Which part aren't you two understanding!?  Shocked But be that as it may, it takes a little bit of everything to make the world go around. And Tyrion, you're an aviation student huh?...Imagine That!  Huh

Well Johnny Test,
you're quite the guy here!!
Just joining to break down the (not even released) B-52, and insulting to other forum members in the process... I could start a whole topic about what I don't like about your posts, but I will stay mature, and just say this: "Go get a life!"

I'm sorry if I did you any harm by trying to look at it from the bright side...

IP Logged

mach1

Reply #114 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Tyrion wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 11:24am:
Tyrion & Ricky76:

Quote:

Well Johnny Test,
you're quite the guy here!!
Just joining to break down the (not even released) B-52, and insulting to other forum members in the process... I could start a whole topic about what I don't like about your posts, but I will stay mature, and just say this: "Go get a life!"

I'm sorry if I did you any harm by trying to look at it from the bright side...

Tyrion I think you need take a step back from fantasy land and take a look at reality my son...some of your naive and obvious points about the Virtual cockpit taking a long time to develop and Devs having exrterior models hanging around and what would you do statements etc are just plain stupid!..

What would you do if you were a Dev lets look at this point you made!

Well if i was a Dev that cared about my reputation and future credibility, i certainly wouldn't start a huge project like the B52 and after a few yrs of promoting it with amazing EXTERIOR mouthwatering screenshots ...anounce i havnt done the interior modelling!...

No if i was a Dev i wouldn't have even started such an ambitious project without FIRST ensuring i HAD started the Virtual cockpit!...surely if the VC takes longer to develop then why cant Capt sim understand this and focus on this area FIRST!...and surely EVERY payware deserves and potential customers EXPECT a Virtual cockpit..so stop preaching the obvious and look at the BIG picture here!..Capt sim must have known from the beginning they wouldnt be doing a vc for this payware release!....

As for Jonny Test he is in my opinion only trying to highlight the ridiculous short sightedness and credulity of some of the forum members here to SEE  the reality that it is highly unlikely that Capt sim will even bother to develop a Virtual cockpit,.....DONT YOU SEE they havnt even announced a virtual cockpit YET!..let alone are working on one!..and by your own admissions Tyrion the VC takes LONGER to develop!!!!!..so if you take the bait and purchase the exterior shell only, when do you seriously expect to see a vc addon???....2011-2012.....2013?????...i will give you a hint..try..NEVER!

So what you and other devoted and loyal Capt sim fans are being  offered is an Exterior only shell ...

so we have a real dilemma here..do we support a Dev by their own admission refuses to play ball and EVEN make a promise of a VC! ..or do we boycott this nonsense now once and for all and reward Capt sims audacity with the proverbial two fingers?

I  remember the recent  Alphasim C17 fiasco of late releasing their (Gathering dust!..what would you do with a model hanging around blah blah!) unfinished model that once again was bereft of even the most basic options included in most Freeware models!!!..is this what you all want?..the FUTURE of payware!...dodgy promises and half hearted statements???

My take on all this from REALITY land and not naive  two fingers crossed goody two shoes brown lipped CS fans land....  you can kiss goodbye to a complete and authentic B52 from them!.....just like their f117....half a job...yet FULL price!

So its your choice either be Naive like yourself and purchase this half baked puppy and perpetuate this imprudent nonsense of a policy or ALL make a bold statement to NOT part with your hard earned cash!...i for one sadly will be opting for the latter!...i do hope the great Capt sim is listening to all this.....

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #115 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I will end this (or at least my part in this) discussion now with this:

To everyone their opinion and believes...

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #116 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Hi all
I can see that this topic is getting rather heated now.  It's not very often that I speak up about things but here is my take on this discussion.  I'll add some points to the items listed by mach 1

Tyrion I think you need take a step back from fantasy land and take a look at reality my son...some of your naive and obvious points about the Virtual cockpit taking a long time to develop and Devs having exterior models hanging around and what would you do statements etc are just plain stupid!..
What would you do if you were a Dev let’s look at this point you made!
Well if I was a Dev that cared about my reputation and future credibility, I certainly wouldn't start a huge project like the B52 and after a few yrs of promoting it with amazing EXTERIOR mouthwatering screenshots ...announce I haven’t done the interior modeling!...
No if I was a Dev I wouldn't have even started such an ambitious project without FIRST ensuring I HAD started the Virtual cockpit!...surely if the VC takes longer to develop then why can’t Capt sim understand this and focus on this area FIRST!...and surely EVERY payware deserves and potential customers EXPECT a Virtual cockpit..So stop preaching the obvious and look at the BIG picture here! Capt sim must have known from the beginning they wouldn’t be doing a VC for this payware release!

Exterior of Interior?  I can see your point Mach 1 but look at it this way.  What would you rather have?  An interior that has no external model? Or and exterior where you could either add your own choice of cockpit or wait for the official one?  You could have both if you are willing to wait a few more years.
From the Dev's point of view - You can make cash from selling an exterior model but what can you do with a cockpit with no exterior?  It's all business, we at McPhat do what we do because a) we enjoy texturing aircraft and b) we are now starting to making money from our hobby.  Developers are exactly the same.
On a project development side of it.  Our UHDT textures are taking us a hell of a long time to create.  The basic repaint kit took many many hours of research and creation.  Then it's at least 80 to 100 man hours to research and create each repaint.  In the end that time is worth the results we have been achieving.  The Buff is the same.  CS are using 4 X higher resolution than any other of their products.  Now look at the physical size of the Buff.  The texture tiles must be in there high numbers and each one needs alignment and detailing.  At the resolutions they are working at that means getting every word of each stenciled part of the aircraft.  I work on C-130's and out external marked panels are in the hundreds.  Again think of how many the Buff has.

As for Jonny Test he is in my opinion only trying to highlight the ridiculous short sightedness and credulity of some of the forum members here to SEE  the reality that it is highly unlikely that Capt sim will even bother to develop a Virtual cockpit,.....DONT YOU SEE they haven’t even announced a virtual cockpit YET!..Let alone are working on one! And by your own admissions Tyrion the VC takes LONGER to develop! so if you take the bait and purchase the exterior shell only, when do you seriously expect to see a vc addon???....2011-2012.....2013?????...i will give you a hint..try..NEVER!
So what you and other devoted and loyal Capt sim fans are being  offered is an Exterior only shell ...
I don't think that there will be any issues with a cockpit in the future.  again it's down to time.

The 727 for FSX was released with no cockpit to speak of.  CS came through with a great updated version of the 727 cockpit.  I think it will be the same for the Buff.  But as they have to start from scratch, hence the longer development time.
On to the cockpit.  CS's Legendary C-130 for FS9 took 3 years to develop.  Most of that you can imagine is on the cockpit, vc and gauges.  The Buff has six seated positions. That's five full cockpits so to speak.  

so we have a real dilemma here..do we support a Dev by their own admission refuses to play ball and EVEN make a promise of a VC! ..or do we boycott this nonsense now once and for all and reward Capt sims audacity with the proverbial two fingers?
I  remember the recent  Alphasim C17 fiasco of late releasing their (Gathering dust!..what would you do with a model hanging around blah blah!) unfinished model that once again was bereft of even the most basic options included in most Freeware models!!!..is this what you all want?..the FUTURE of payware!...dodgy promises and half hearted statements???
My take on all this from REALITY land and not naive  two fingers crossed goody two shoes brown lipped CS fans land....  you can kiss goodbye to a complete and authentic B52 from them!.....just like their f117....half a job...yet FULL price!
So its your choice either be Naive like yourself and purchase this half baked puppy and perpetuate this imprudent nonsense of a policy or ALL make a bold statement to NOT part with your hard earned cash!...i for one sadly will be opting for the latter!...i do hope the great Capt sim is listening to all this.....

In Reality (as seems to be the sentence for this topic).  CS moved to the modular retail solution with the 757.  You bought the product in blocks so you can enjoy the aircraft as they develop it.  You get what they finish.  This also means they can concentrate on one part at a time to bring it out for you to enjoy as quickly as they can.  This was not embraced by everyone but it is a policy they have stuck to.  They are also working on multiple projects with a team that can’t be much bigger than when they worked on the 757.

and the biggest solution to all of it is....if you don't like it don't buy it...no one is forcing anyone too.

A note to all who read this topic too.  Captain Sim doesn’t accept any impolite behavior in there forum.  If posts get too heated members can find themselves blocked and their posts removed.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Now it's back to the Monarch UHDT 757 repaint for me.

Dave

IP Logged

Ricky76

Reply #117 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Tyrion & Ricky76:

Quote:

feel better? Kiss

Rick harms CYVR&&To most the sky is the limit but to me it's home

IP Logged

Johnny Test

Reply #118 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Ricky76 wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 4:32pm:
feel better? Kiss

I feel GREAT...Thanks for asking!  Wink

IP Logged

kcgb

Reply #119 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
JB wrote on Jan 17th, 2010 at 5:03pm:
Anyone who buys the B-52 before it's completely
finished hurts us all.

I think you are acting like an 8 year old. All you have to do is wait and anyway, this is the only B-52 that I know of that has any sort of VC for FSX.

757 pro pack&&757 freighter &&C-130 base pack&&C-130 extra pack 1&&C-130 extra pack 2&&Xload&&767-300 Base Pack&&767 freighter&&767-200&&E-767 AWACS&&727-100 Base Pack&&727-200&&B52 BUFF&&727F&&707-300&&B-52 Driver&&Weapon&&&&[url="http://www.VectorLandclass.co.nz/"]&&;[/url]&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top