Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Noticable (Read 5373 times)
enterprise_69

Noticable
Jan 16th, 2007 at 12:17am
Print Post  
On the actual Columbia space shuttle there is on the tail what appears to be a antenna housing which is quite noticable when compared to the other space shuttles. I dont know how to insert a picture but here is the link to a picture of Columbia on landing and if you look on the tail you can see the antenna housing
http://www.ufoindia.org/images/columbia-large.jpg
Just might be an idea on a update or later addon. Either way I'm still happy as a pig-in-$&!#  Cheesy just to have this fine addon.

IP Logged

enterprise_69

Re: Noticable
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Oh and if anybody wants to know where in the world you can practice landing the shuttle I found an intresting site that tells you all the possible landing sites that could be used.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/facility/sts-els.htm

IP Logged

SabreHawk

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Here ya go................ Wink

IP Logged

ccoles3

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Thanks Buddy,
I did not know that the Space Shuttle could land at all these different runways! Thank you for sharing that. 

I think Captain Sim should add this to their SSO literature, some save flights would be nice to!

Landing the Shuttle at RAF Fairford is a must for me Cool.

Does anybody know how to set this up??????

Regards,

Chris

IP Logged

enterprise_69

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Here is how I set up landings. First I go to the Airport I want to practice landing at, lets say Dover AFB, I pick the shuttle to fly"even though it starts out on the ground with wheels out", next I go under "WORLD" sub-category "MAP", from there I increase the altitude as high as I want and move the aircraft symbol to where ever I want it in relation to the runway I want to land on. Last I increase the speed from "0" its starting speed up to however fast I want to be going. Click ok and it starts you at the position, altitude and speed you customized, from there you can save the flight and go fly it as you set it up any time. Hope that helps a little.

IP Logged

nfoldager

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 6:53am
Print Post  
enterprise_69 wrote on Jan 16th, 2007 at 12:17am:
On the actual Columbia space shuttle there is on the tail what appears to be a antenna housing which is quite noticable when compared to the other space shuttles.

It is not an antenna, but a camera housing. It was used for a series of infrared (i.e. temperature) studies of the left wing on several flights of Columbia.

Only this single wing in the shuttle fleet was studied. Unfortunately the experiment series was completed previous to the Columbia accident, where heating of excactly this wing on this very shuttle lead to a disaster.

Best regards,

Niels

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top