Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Nice but needs more ! (Read 5462 times)
JayG

Nice but needs more !
Jan 12th, 2007 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
I would like to be able to stay in orbit and so far am unable to except by 'slewing', and as soon as you go above 400K, the speed goes to 0. I think this would be a great product if the full experiance was available, from launch through missions such as docking with the Space Station, Hubble telescope, etc

Unfortunatly, as it is now, once you have mastered the landing, its over and gets boring very quick.

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

SabreHawk

Re: Nice but needs more !
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Yeah rodger that! It'll take some time, and our contnued interest to get this up to speed.

But on that 400,000ft being an orbital alt. I have to differ.
Check this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_Orbit

Yep, it's alot higher than 400,000ft. Wink

IP Logged

SabreHawk

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Grin LoL! Yeah, I do "Orbiter" too, and yes that's about the alt. it would be, around 300km.
I think CS will do us proud if and when they decide to go full bore with this.
For now though we Orbiter users may feel a little shortchanged in that we are used to a more accurate simulation of space physics in that sim. And with FSX some cheating is required by the add-on to simulate what orbiter does.

But boy that Shuttle CS has done sure is sweet isnt it? I mean it is just a sight to behold, and the flight deck, the lower cabin, and all the rest,..............it's just awesome!

So I say we just accept it the way it is, and enjoy it for what it can do and keep on encouraging them to do us a full and complete sim of it. Im sure they can with enough head scratching.
I cant think of a better add-on maker to do it given what they have done in the past, I mean the products we have been treated to are the best............bar none! Cool

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you for interest. Please contact Just Flight at www.another company.com concerning the boxed version release.

IP Logged

Croniac

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 1:34am
Print Post  
While the TAEM and Approach are nice, I feel a little dinged that the entire rentry is just a pre-programmed slew descent.  I think they could have been a lot more honest about this in the marketing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top