Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Pope AFB, Ft Bragg DZs and Little Rock AFB (Read 2907 times)
JDONLIN

Pope AFB, Ft Bragg DZs and Little Rock AFB
Dec 9th, 2005 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Crews,

I've created AFCAD/RWY12 scenery files and would like real MIL personnel to test them out.  Since this GREAT Legendary C-130 came out, I've been going a little wild with the scenery.

If you fly out of or have flown into the real bases and would like to test the scenery, please let me know. If all goes well, I will release the scenery on AVSIM. You will need the RWY12 Library Objects loaded.

Thanks and regards,

Jim Donlin
jpd172@netscape.net

AIM  
IP Logged

hondaguru

Re: Pope AFB, Ft Bragg DZs and Little Rock AFB
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 5:49am
Print Post  
I have been around little rock a decent amount and could provide you good feedback for there.  I have flown into Pope a few times and can give a little bit there, as for ft bragg I have never been.

USAF&&HC-130P Dedicated Crew Cheif, and Flying Crew Cheif&&&&&&

IP Logged

JDONLIN

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Thee ZIP files are in the mail.  Thanks!

Jim

AIM  
IP Logged

hondaguru

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2005 at 6:38am
Print Post  
I installed all the required programs and reset my scenery files.  I will look at them tomorrow and see what I think.

IP Logged

Black Cat

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2005 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Hi Jim

I hope you can put a few high quality static AC on your bases ? , really helps the realism IMHO, although in my experience more then a few ( 2-4 ) really kill Framerates.

Look forward to the finished package Smiley

Thanks !

IP Logged

hondaguru

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Well, it doesnt really seem like too much extra was added on besides the hangers.  If thats what you were looking to get you got it.  The placement of them is about right, but there is alot more buildings around those flight lines.  I did not look at ft bragg because I was never there.

IP Logged

JDONLIN

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
HondaGuru,

Thank you for taking the time out to test. I tried to add as many hangars as I could; I didn't want to drag anyone's systems down but I wanted to use better looking hangars.  I used GOOGLE Earth and for Pope, there seemed to be alot of construction, esp around the YELLOW ramp.  I redid both AFCADS by hand and added the GREEN ramp to POPE.  Both POPE and LITTLE ROCK seemed sparse, even with the FAA/NOAA Facility PDFs (airnav.com)

I do not think I documented the NORMAL/DENSE scenery objects for Little Rock. I experimented with the settings just in case people don't have fast PCs.  Again, LRF may look sparse to you with a DENSE Scenery setting but again I wanted to stay light, but have real looking hangars, not the blocky default hangars.

Did the RAMP pole lights work for you @ Pope?  I found these were not in the big RWY12 object downloads and had to download them specifically.  I'll rework my docs.

I'm planning to finish DYESS tonight and may be start on HURLBURT and may be upload them sooner than later.

As for static scenery, if it wasn't in RWY12, I didn't use it. I have not looked at GMAX yet. I have found it is easier to just add AI traffic. Either Mike Stone's or Henry T's C-130s are great for AI.  They are stll a drag on the framerates.

Regards,

Jim

AIM  
IP Logged

J Vitaliano

Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2005 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Jim,

I'd be honored to try out your scenery packages. I've got some extensive time as C-130 Flight Engineer flying at all the locations you've metioned and have actually been hoping to find some sceneries for just these locations.  I'm extremely interested to see if your DZ's (Drop Zones) are reflected and which ones.

JASON VITALIANO, vBGen, vUSAF&&Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC)&&Commander&&www.vusaf.org&&&&;&&&&Captain Sim Legendary Herk BETA Tester
IP Logged

hondaguru

Reply #8 - Dec 13th, 2005 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I dont remember seeing any light posts in pope.  I will double check, but I dont think so.

IP Logged

JDONLIN

Reply #9 - Dec 14th, 2005 at 2:56am
Print Post  
As for the lights, you will probably have to download the library. If you do a search on AVSIM for ESDG & lights, you will find them. I have updated my TXTs to reflect the RWT12 libraries needed.

I claim no artistic talent but I wanted realistic hangars and realistic layouts.

Thanks.

Jim

Pope, Little Rock, Dyess & Ft Bragg DZs

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top