Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FS9 / Realism Settings (Read 1449 times)
LPPT

FS9 / Realism Settings
Dec 12th, 2005 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Hello,

Could somebody please, post here the correct settings to manage in FS9 under 'Realism Settings'... to ensure the correct performance with this bird.

Thanks in advance.

Paulo Marques
LPPT

IP Logged

SteveK

Re: FS9 / Realism Settings
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Paulo,

Realism settings in FS9 is all about yourself really.

What I mean is it depends how you like to fly aircraft in the game. I personally have all my realism settings on full, and that it where I leave them for each and every addon aircraft that I fly. As I have flown real aircraft before, this makes sense to me as I prefer starting the engines useing correct procedures, rather than pressing Ctrl+E.

The only setting in the realism menu that I do NOT have turned on is the setting for when the aircraft crashes due to overstress, as I do not feel that MS have modelled this very well.  Sad

So my suggestion would be if you want the C-130 the be as real as it gets, turn all realism settings on full, except for the one I mentioned above.

This is just my suggestion Paulo, but other people may have thier own way of flying aircraft.

Hope this helps, and have fun flying the Herc.  Wink

Steve Knight
BAW0703

IP Logged

Snave

Re: FS9 / Realism Settings
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2005 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
SteveK wrote on Dec 12th, 2005 at 10:35am:
Paulo,

Realism settings in FS9 is all about yourself really.

What I mean is it depends how you like to fly aircraft in the game. I personally have all my realism settings on full, and that it where I leave them for each and every addon aircraft that I fly. As I have flown real aircraft before, this makes sense to me as I prefer starting the engines useing correct procedures, rather than pressing Ctrl+E.

The only setting in the realism menu that I do NOT have turned on is the setting for when the aircraft crashes due to overstress, as I do not feel that MS have modelled this very well.  Sad

So my suggestion would be if you want the C-130 the be as real as it gets, turn all realism settings on full, except for the one I mentioned above.

This is just my suggestion Paulo, but other people may have thier own way of flying aircraft.

Hope this helps, and have fun flying the Herc.  Wink

Steve Knight
BAW0703

It is a common mistake to think that `full right` on the sliders = more real.

It doesn't.

Like any other sliders in FS they are there to allow the user to adjust settings to suit their needs and capabilities, and those of their hardware. I can assure, as a fellow real pilot, that `all sliders right` is NOT the best representation of `real life` in the sim, unless you have a very peculiar control setup or some weirdness in your hardware.  Wink

I suggest you take tips from the flight modelling gurus that create the best flight models in sim-dom - the main realism slider should be far right, p-factor much less so (about 75% should be fine, but as I said it's going to depend on your own rig and preferences). Others to suit.

There is no one setting that makes it `as real as it gets`...

Simon Evans

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top