Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Framerates (Read 1595 times)
burnlee

Framerates
Nov 20th, 2005 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Just a quick question re. system resources and fps.
I have a 2.8 P4,512 Rimm and a GE4 128 graphics card.When I fly the C130 the fps drops so low.I turn off all AI,reduce visibilty etc,in fact everything I can do to raise the fps but with only marginal results.There was mention of a creating  less resource intensive textures and tweeking the VC.Is this still in the works?
Its a fantastic aircraft but it would be great if there was a compromise between having the looks and a smooth display?

Thanks CS

Paul H

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Framerates
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Thanks for your comments.

The C-130 models are very complex and use detailed high resolution textures and panels to provide a high level of realism. Unfortunately we have to pay for the 'appearance' by 'performance' and vice versa. The textures are large.

The only way to load textures faster (besides hardware upgrade) is to reduce the textures size, unfortunately that means to reduce quality.

Anyway, if we receive enough requests we can to release simplified version of the models and more compressed textures for those customers who would like to trade some 'appearance' for 'performance'.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top