Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
starting engine sequence strange? (Read 2274 times)
CessnaN1315efw

starting engine sequence strange?
Nov 19th, 2005 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
in the manual is says to the start teh engines this way but i knwo this is impodssible to do 2 things at once. it says hold the starters, turn on bleed air for that engine then advance the condition levers to run at a certain point which i dont know. And is there a way to see all of the engine guages on teh 2d panel?i dont liek to use teh VC cause im just not used to it and it kills my frames....how does u guys start your engines in a  step by step way cause in most planes dont u have the bleed airs on before you even hit teh starters? a tutorial flight would be nice...lol

IP Logged

AKC130FltEng

Re: starting engine sequence strange?
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Try to do it in this order 3,4,2,1
Steps:
1. Engine Condition Lever - Run
2. Wing Isolation Valves - Ensure Normal
3. Engine Bleed Air Valve - Open
4. Starter Button - Depressed
5. Repeat steps for the remaining Engines

Have Fun Smiley

Brian Thibodeaux
T56/T700 Propulsion Journeyman
C-130E/H2 Flt Eng

IP Logged

CessnaN1315efw

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
ok that seems much better but teh other thing is how do i know when to put teh condition lever to run? for some reason none of my guages move when i push the starter buttona dn hold it ....just seems liek after maybe 10 seconds i throw my lever up and it sut starts... like a quarter of teh engine guages are cut off

IP Logged

Herk Fixer

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
CessnaN1315efw wrote on Nov 20th, 2005 at 7:40pm:
ok that seems much better but teh other thing is how do i know when to put teh condition lever to run? for some reason none of my guages move when i push the starter buttona dn hold it ....just seems liek after maybe 10 seconds i throw my lever up and it sut starts... like a quarter of teh engine guages are cut off

The condition lever is placed to run before you start the engines. It's not like the fuel cutoff lever on Boeings or Airbuses. The fuel is automatically added during the start at 16% via a 3 speed switch. The engine gauges don't follow the start on the CS Herk like the real one. For me they rise real quick to high speed idle after holding the start button for around 10 seconds.

Cheers,

J.

IP Logged

AC130Ueng

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
If you're not getting gauge indications on start, it sounds like you do not have the AC instrument and fuel control bus powered.  If you look below the generator switches there should be two similar switches they should be in what's known as the -1 position which is left one line straight across and the right one the line should be straight up and down.  That should give you power to all of your gauges.

Tyler

AC-130U FE&&Former C-130E, C-130H1 Instructor FE

IP Logged

CessnaN1315efw

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
ok that explains a lot hats why i wasnt gettign indications lol ok

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top