Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Auto-Pilot is NOT Capturing the Localizer (Read 161 times)
kmanning

Auto-Pilot is NOT Capturing the Localizer
Apr 27th, 2024 at 10:11am
Print Post  
I want to know why it is that the auto-pilot is not capturing the localizer. The auto-pilot is engaged and I have the mode selected to NAV/LOC. The manual says that when the NAV/LOC is selected and the HDG switch is engaged, the HDG switch automatically switches off when the LOC is captured, but it is NOT doing that. When the LOC needle moves to the center, the HDG switch does not switch off. It just maintains the same heading rather than capturing the LOC. What is the problem?

Ken.

IP Logged

kmanning

Re: Auto-Pilot is NOT Capturing the Localizer
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2024 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Is anyone from support going to answer my question? Why does it take so long to get an answer?

IP Logged

kmanning

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2024 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I do not understand why anyone from support has not answered my post. Does anyone provide any support anymore? I've been waiting 4 days and still no answer. What is the problem? It should not take nowhere this long.

Ken.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2024 at 1:46am
Print Post  
If you do a search for "ILS capture" in the 727 Captain forum, you will probably find the answer (make sure to select "all" in the This post was made in the last... section). There are also a number of posts that will give you advice on how best to capture the ILS/GS as well.
From my search, it seems that if people were using GPS tracking (with the NAV/GPS switch), it won't capture the ILS, so they needed to make sure it was switched to NAV mode to capture it. From memory, I did it a little too often way back then. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

kmanning

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2024 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 2nd, 2024 at 1:46am:
If you do a search for "ILS capture" in the 727 Captain forum, you will probably find the answer (make sure to select "all" in the This post was made in the last... section). There are also a number of posts that will give you advice on how best to capture the ILS/GS as well.
From my search, it seems that if people were using GPS tracking (with the NAV/GPS switch), it won't capture the ILS, so they needed to make sure it was switched to NAV mode to capture it. From memory, I did it a little too often way back then. Shocked

The ILS works fine. It will capture the ILS. It's the LOC, or localizer that will not capture. Yes, the NAV/GPS switch is set to NAV. Let me be more specific. First of all, I'm in the heading mode, meaning that the heading select switch is turned on, as well as the altitude hold switch. After I make my turn for a heading, about 30 degrees from runway heading, I set the auto-pilot mode selector to NAV/LOC and I leave the heading switch turned on. If I leave the heading switch on, the localizer will not capture. But if I turn the heading switch off before localizer capture, it will capture the localizer. But the manual says that when the localizer is captured, it will automatically turn the heading switch off. So, is the manual correct or do I need to switch the heading switch off before localizer capture?

Ken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top