Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How do I Change my Profile Name at the CS Store (Read 355 times)
kmanning

How do I Change my Profile Name at the CS Store
Dec 23rd, 2023 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Hi

I posted this in another thread but haven't heard anything. But I happened to noticed that it says No Support. So I guess I'll have to post it here. I'm having to post it here because the store sent me here.

I've recently purchased a few planes at the CaptainSim store and when I login, I noticed it shows my brother's name and not my name. I put in my e-mail address and my own password. Where it says "Welcome," it shows my brother's name and not my name. I want it to show my name. How do I change it? I can't find a Profile where I can change the name.

IP Logged

kmanning

Re: How do I Change my Profile Name at the CS Store
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Are any of the moderators, or anyone, going to answer my question? I can't believe it's been 3 days and still no answer. There's no excuse for it to take this long.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2023 at 1:26am
Print Post  
I don't know if you can, because it asks you for your name the first time you buy something, but after that it never asks again. Every time you use that profile to buy another product it uses the name you originally used.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

kmanning

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2023 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Dec 27th, 2023 at 1:26am:
I don't know if you can, because it asks you for your name the first time you buy something, but after that it never asks again. Every time you use that profile to buy another product it uses the name you originally used.

Hi Mark,

When I made the purchase, I used it on my brother's debit card, which has his name. Is that the reason? If I had known that, I would have used my card. Apparently, it must be based on the name on a card instead of the name of the person who's Captain Sim account belongs to, and that's the way it should be. It seems to me that the store is able to change it but I can't find any Captain Sim's contact information other than the forum. I know the store should have some contact information. If I make another purchase and used my card, would that change the name? I want it to show my name.

IP Logged

kmanning

Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2023 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Oh, I meant to ask do you have the store's contact information?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2023 at 12:50am
Print Post  
kmanning wrote on Dec 27th, 2023 at 8:14pm:
When I made the purchase, I used it on my brother's debit card, which has his name. Is that the reason? If I had known that, I would have used my card. Apparently, it must be based on the name on a card instead of the name of the person who's Captain Sim account belongs to, and that's the way it should be. It seems to me that the store is able to change it but I can't find any Captain Sim's contact information other than the forum. I know the store should have some contact information. If I make another purchase and used my card, would that change the name? I want it to show my name.

I don't know if using your credit card, with your name on it, will change it, I only ever used my own debit card (same as a credit card, but I can only spend money I have).

kmanning wrote on Dec 27th, 2023 at 8:16pm:
Oh, I meant to ask do you have the store's contact information?

I really don't know because it's been a while since I bought anything, and I don't recall seeing a contact there when I did. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

kmanning

Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2023 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark. I hope I can find some way of getting in touch with them. It seems to me that one should be able to get in contact.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top