Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Take off and landing characteristics poor (Read 1027 times)
aniiran

Take off and landing characteristics poor
Oct 1st, 2023 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
On take off roll once the aircraft gets to 120 knots in any kind of crosswind above 5kts the aircraft is impossible to keep on the runway it always pulls hard to the left...always to the left for some reason.  Using a copious amount of trim (in the wrong direction) somewhat fixes the issue. but that should not be necessary.

You also need an inordinate amount of up trim for the rotation and once you rotate the aircraft likes to nose down resulting in a jittery nose up and down after takeoff, there is something seriously wrong with the trim system.

The same issue with crosswinds exists on landing. It does not matter how much rudder input is given the aircraft will just keep going off the run way.

The aircraft is excessively jittery and hard to control on realistic turbulence setting. Even in low wind up high, its still jittery. 

Fuel burn is unrealistic. The fuel burn is high by about 30%.

I understand your product, but the fact that it is so hard to control this aircraft makes it useless.  None of your other aircraft are hard to control like this one. I'd fix these characteristics before word gets out in great numbers to the community.

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Re: Take off and landing characteristics poor
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Thank you, everything you pointed out in your comment has been fixed. It will be in the upcoming update.
Please provide us with more details about the fuel consumption.

IP Logged

Cng757

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I can confirm the crosswind problems. Hopefully is fixed.

IP Logged

aniiran

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Hi EY, Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Fuel Consumption is high based on simbrief flight planning.

Delta has two long flights on the 717.  ATL to OKC is the longest.

According to Simbrief just below MTOW I should have an in route fuel burn of 13000lbs.  I took 14,000 just to be safe.

I did not change the weights of the aircraft I left it at 15000 for the cabin and 3000 each for cargo holds. ~104K lbs was final weight.

I ran out of fuel just after LITTR on the way to OKC.  Average climb was about 1800 feet per minute until the plane becomes a very lethargic climber above 28,000 feet. The plane can't hold mach .74 and climb above 28,000 feet.  It usually settles in at 500 fpm and mach .65 which is unrealistic.  It seems the problem may be thrust rather than fuel flow. 

I also tried DTW to CLT and had a similar result. I ran of fuel about 60% of the way to the airport. I tried it twice and even with max fuel just before the MTOW turns red. I only had 1000 lbs. left when I got to the gate.

For interisland flights on Hawaiian not a big deal but longer flights on Delta and QantasLink its a bit of a problem.

atlokc.JPG ( 308 KB | 24 Downloads )
atlokc.JPG

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Cng757 wrote on Oct 4th, 2023 at 10:22pm:

Yes, it fixed. Sorry for delay with update.

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
aniiran wrote on Oct 4th, 2023 at 11:57pm:
...Fuel Consumption is high based on simbrief flight planning.

Thanks for the detailed report! We are working on it.

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2023 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Cng757 wrote on Oct 4th, 2023 at 10:22pm:

UPDATE 1.001

We are still working on fuel burn.

IP Logged

aniiran

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 4:03am
Print Post  
The handling characteristics during take off and landing overall are much better now, thank you.  I was able to crank wind up to 20kts Gusts to 30 and was able to keep it pretty centered. It also seems to take off smoother with less elevator and land better as well.  I figured out that update 1.0.0.1 didn't have anything regarding fuel burn.  Tried the same flight ATL to OKC and ran out of just after LITTR or Little Rock, AS. So I assumed nothing was done with fuel burn, thanks for confirming.

IP Logged

EY
CS Team

Reply #8 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
aniiran wrote on Oct 4th, 2023 at 11:57pm:
Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Fuel Consumption is high based on simbrief flight planning.

Delta has two long flights on the 717.  ATL to OKC is the longest.

According to Simbrief just below MTOW I should have an in route fuel burn of 13000lbs.  I took 14,000 just to be safe.

I did not change the weights of the aircraft I left it at 15000 for the cabin and 3000 each for cargo holds. ~104K lbs was final weight.

I ran out of fuel just after LITTR on the way to OKC.  Average climb was about 1800 feet per minute until the plane becomes a very lethargic climber above 28,000 feet. The plane can't hold mach .74 and climb above 28,000 feet.  It usually settles in at 500 fpm and mach .65 which is unrealistic.  It seems the problem may be thrust rather than fuel flow. 

I also tried DTW to CLT and had a similar result. I ran of fuel about 60% of the way to the airport. I tried it twice and even with max fuel just before the MTOW turns red. I only had 1000 lbs. left when I got to the gate.

For interisland flights on Hawaiian not a big deal but longer flights on Delta and QantasLink its a bit of a problem.

Please try UPDATE 1.004.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top