Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Com Display Fix for 777 WorldlinerRS Mod 1.3.2 (Read 1340 times)
Mike777

Com Display Fix for 777 WorldlinerRS Mod 1.3.2
Sep 26th, 2023 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I found a fix that makes the three Com frequency displays display properly. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

This fix works loading the aircraft at the gate or ramp.  No need to press Cntrl-E.  It works for me, and it may work for you.  If not, or these changes cause other problems, you can just restore the unmodified files.   

On my setup, the frequencies are all visible and swapping the standby frequency for the active frequency on each of the three com channels works.

You need to have the files contained in wlrs-captainsim-boeing_XoPct_CS1.3.2.zip (Salty)installed in your community folder (you don't need the ones for aircraft you don't have installed).  The link is available at the beginning of this thread.

I have the 777-200ER GE and 777-300ER (GE engines) purchased from this site.  I don't own other versions but this fix might work for them too.

FOR THE 777-200ER GE:

Start in the folder:
wlrs-captainsim-boeing_XoPct_CS1.3.2\wlrs-captainsim-b772-ge90\SimObjects\Airpla
nes\CS_B777-200ER_GE90B

The two files you need to modify can be edited with Notepad.
FIRST, MAKE A BACKUP OF Apron.flt by copying it to a safe place outside the community folder.

Open Apron.flt with Notepad.

Find the section [Avionics.0]

The first entry under this heading is:
Comm1Active=122.800

The last entry is:
AvionicsSwitch=False

Delete the ENTIRE SECTION., from the [Avionics.0] entry all the way down to AvionicsSwitch=False

Save the file.  Make sure the saved file has the same name and stil ends in .flt

SECOND, in the same folder, locate the subfolder Model and open it.

MAKE A BACKUP OF m772_201_interior.xml by copying it to a safe place outside the community folder.

Open m772_201_interior.xml with Notepad.

Search for
  B777_Com
(You will find three entries, one for each Com panel, each in a line that looks like this:
  <PANEL_NAME>B777_Com</PANEL_NAME>)

Carefully change "B777_Com" to "B747_8_Com" (without the quotes).

Be careful not to make any other changes; even an extra  ".  "," or ";" can mess up the entire file.  That's why you need a backup.

Save the file.  Make sure the saved file has the same name and still ends in .xml.

MODIFYING THE 777-300ER the folder to edit is:
wlrs-captainsim-boeing_XoPct_CS1.3.2\wlrs-captainsim-b77w-ge90\SimObjects\Airpla
nes\CS_B777-300ER_GE115B

The apron.flt file has the same name, and the model folder file name is m773_305_interior.xml)

SOMETIMES THE COM FREQUENCY DISPLAYS GO BLANK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLIGHT.  CONTROL-E FIXES THIS FOR ME, and since the engines are already running and everything else is already turned on, it doesn't cause any problems.

IP Logged

pilot209

Re: Com Display Fix for 777 WorldlinerRS Mod 1.3.2
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2023 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Hi, just wondering if you know the cause and/or fix for the high pitch sensitivity, it's impossible for me to takeoff without a tailstrike and my controller sensitivity is at the lowest

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2023 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
pilot209 wrote on Oct 11th, 2023 at 11:43am:
Hi, just wondering if you know the cause and/or fix for the high pitch sensitivity, it's impossible for me to takeoff without a tailstrike and my controller sensitivity is at the lowest

Please let me know what your elevator axis settings are in the "Sensitivity" window of the joystick controller adjustment section of MSFS.  I too have found that many aircraft, not just Captain Sim, are far too sensitive to the elevator axis.

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2023 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Mike777 wrote on Oct 11th, 2023 at 9:50pm:
pilot209 wrote on Oct 11th, 2023 at 11:43am:

Please let me know what your elevator/pitch axis settings are in the "Sensitivity" window of the joystick controller adjustment section of MSFS.  I too have found that many aircraft, not just Captain Sim, are far too sensitive to the elevator axis.

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2023 at 7:46am
Print Post  
The Avionics on/off toggle is set by default to the Page Up key.   In the CS 777 it causes the COM frequency displays to toggle off/on. This key is also used by the very popular Pushback Helper addon to toggle hide/display and may be used by other addons.  So its use can inadvertently cause the COM display to go blank.

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #5 - Mar 23rd, 2024 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Bump.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top