Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Virus detected by Bitdefender when downloading (Read 543 times)
Michel Beaulieu

Virus detected by Bitdefender when downloading
Dec 17th, 2022 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Good day,
After just purchasing B777F I am unable to download the installation file as BitDefender is detecting a virus named Gen:Variant.Razy.971182

Regards
Michel Beaulieu

Error.jpg ( 310 KB | 22 Downloads )
Error.jpg

IP Logged

MightyPilot

Re: Virus detected by Bitdefender when downloading
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2022 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Doesn’t surprise me tbh knowing these guys.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Virus detected by Bitdefender when downloading
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Michel Beaulieu wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 5:50pm:
After just purchasing B777F I am unable to download the installation file as BitDefender is detecting a virus named Gen:Variant.Razy.971182

There are no viruses in the product if downloaded from the Captain Sim links.
It's best to turn off your Anti Virus software when downloading (and installing) the installer to avoid getting a false positive like what has happened to you.

If you're worried about getting a virus, or hacked, during the download and install process when your AV is off, this is how I would do it:

1. Copy the the hyperlink from the email you recieved from Captain Sim
2. Close your email program so it doesn't check for email while the AV is off.
3. Make sure your web browser is on a blank page.
4. Turn your AV off.
5. Paste the copied link into the web browser address and download the installer.
6. Once the installer is downloaded, install the product (after being asked if you want to allow the file to make changes, and you select yes, when it's ready to start the install process, close your web browser).
7. Once the install is complete, turn your AV back on. Then go and fly the plane in MSFS.

Note. My AV didn't detect a virus in the installer when downloaded it from Captain Sim using the Extended Download Service, and it would have been the same file that you need to download.

If you look through the TYPICAL ISSUES forum, you will see that turning off the AV (and Windows Defender) are recommended to ensure everything procedes smoothly. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top