Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Having Trouble with Captain's Side Nav Displays (Read 669 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Having Trouble with Captain's Side Nav Displays
Jun 5th, 2021 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
I'm out of practice with fancy navigational equipment, but a couple of times the left side displays have been inop, but the right side are fine, so I have completed flights from the first officer's seat. For some reason the left IRS unit started flashing ALIGN and never stopped, but the right was fine.

Aside from the super-annoying strobe light and death-ray taxi lights, I am enjoying a new mini-career flying for easyJet out of Luton, also my L1011 Court Line base. The 737-300 brings back good memories of the 727 and has a lot of potential. Thanks for it and thanks to the painters who have given us some nice liveries. It really plugs a gap in P3Dv5.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: Having Trouble with Captain's Side Nav Displays
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2021 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Had same issue in 767, so I’m chalking this up to something I’m doing wrong sometimes. But I did learn how to switch sources and stay in the left seat Smiley

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

superskullmaster

Re: Having Trouble with Captain's Side Nav Displays
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jun 5th, 2021 at 4:21pm:
I'm out of practice with fancy navigational equipment, but a couple of times the left side displays have been inop, but the right side are fine, so I have completed flights from the first officer's seat. For some reason the left IRS unit started flashing ALIGN and never stopped, but the right was fine.

Aside from the super-annoying strobe light and death-ray taxi lights, I am enjoying a new mini-career flying for easyJet out of Luton, also my L1011 Court Line base. The 737-300 brings back good memories of the 727 and has a lot of potential. Thanks for it and thanks to the painters who have given us some nice liveries. It really plugs a gap in P3Dv5.

Max sure all the battery and bus switches are on. If you don’t have dual sources the IRS doesn’t act right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top