Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Where do I get the free liveries? (Read 3993 times)
alexbitcoin

Where do I get the free liveries?
May 24th, 2021 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
There were mentions of several free liveries that come with the plane however every link I tried either takes you off-site to another site with no liveries or it loads a giant ad.. and still no liveries.

Is there a website section I'm missing or something? The house livery is nice and all but its not a real airline lol

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Where do I get the mentioned free liveries?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2021 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Run ACE: Start > Captain Sim > 777 ACE MSFS2020

To add a new livery:
(o) Online > download > Save

To delete a livery:

(o) Local > select one > Delete

If you can't find/run ACE

IP Logged

narvik

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2021 at 11:40am
Print Post  
alexbitcoin wrote on May 24th, 2021 at 8:18pm:
Is there a website section I'm missing or something? The house livery is nice and all but its not a real airline lol

This is something that is SIMPLE, but unfortunately it's SO SIMPLE, that Captain Sim presumes it's simple enough not to actually document it well. What they don't realize, is that many are buying this MSFS2020 777 model who have no previous experience with Captain Sim; how their livery adding works, and what "SimOps" even is.

At this point you should have downloaded and installed the 777 model, and you can access it through MSFS2020.
You can select and fly the 777-200ER, but only have the 'basic', standard livery, yes?

In order to access the other, free liveries that are mentioned you will need to do the following:

You will need to locate the Captain Sim program folder. I run ClassicShell on my Windows 10 computer, so unfortunately I can not help you in detail how to get to the program you need to get to. On my computer it's as simple as going to the bottom left, clicking START, then PROGRAMS, and then selecting CAPTAIN SIM. There you will see a 'program' called ACE. That is what you will need to run. It is there, that you can download and install all the other free liveries for your 777-200ER.

Hope this helps!  Wink

IP Logged

narvik

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2021 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Also, there's an "Important Topic" thread on ACE that might help (although even that doesn't actually state how to access/run it!  Roll Eyes.
Look for a THREAD called "ACE" at the top of the forum listings.

IP Logged

mexusa12

Re: how to deactivate
Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
ok thank you i fixed that issue But now how  to install liveries  downloaded from the ACE  looks like  they  download but where  do  they  go?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: how to deactivate
Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
After you click on Download, and it finishes downloading, you have to click on Save for the livery to be added in MSFS.

The livery files are saved to X:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\captainsim-aircraft-m772\Captain_Sim\ace\zip folder (at least that's where they are on my PC (in my case, MSFS is installed on my E: drive, not my C: drive)).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

R73777

Re: Where do I get the free liveries?
Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 2:18am
Print Post  
When will we get proper liveries with cabin exterior lights? Not the ones from FSX.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Where do I get the free liveries?
Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
There are a plenty of proper liveries in ACE. Pls read the description.

R73777 wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 2:18am:
When will we get proper liveries with cabin exterior lights?

As soon as the painters start reading/following this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top