Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Problem resuming LNAV after HDG select (Read 1322 times)
BostonJeremy77

Problem resuming LNAV after HDG select
Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

Here's what's happening. I was following the flight plan and then ATC directed me to turn away from it for a bit... So I did. Eventually, it directed me to reconnect back to my old path. On newer Boeings there is a DIRECT TO, but this one doesn't seem to offer such an option, so my option was to just use HDG to return to the path and select LNAV so it would intercept it. HOWEVER...

If you do that, no matter which angle I intercept it on, the FMC tells me I am not on intercept heading and even if I cross the flight path (tried it at nearly 90 degrees, tried it at 10 degrees, tried at about 2 degrees and even in the same heading as the path), it doesn't seem to reactivate LNAV. Since I bypassed the next waypoint on the Legs page, I deleted that point and just had the next one coming up listed. But no such luck. Eventually, it seemed to resume LNAV somewhere close on approach but it it didn't really follow the path and just started heading in some what seems like random direction. So I had to fly the rest of approach using manual HDG.

Any ideas?

IP Logged

Ryz

Re: Problem resuming LNAV after HDG select
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:43am
Print Post  
You can easily use the legs page to go to the current waypoint if you're off course.
On legs page press LSK1L to select the current waypoint then press it again and it will plot a direct course to that waypoint then hit execute.
Press LNAV and it'll proceed on course.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Ryz wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:43am:
On legs page press LSK1L to select the current waypoint then press it again and it will plot a direct course to that waypoint then hit execute.

With the way this problem is happening to me, doing that would have me turning back (180o) to get to it, so I find it better to press the LSK2L on the LEGS page, then select LSK1L to make it the next waypoint on the route, which is usually less than a 90o heading.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ryz

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 11th, 2021 at 3:33am:
Ryz wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:43am:

With the way this problem is happening to me, doing that would have me turning back (180o) to get to it, so I find it better to press the LSK2L on the LEGS page, then select LSK1L to make it the next waypoint on the route, which is usually less than a 90o heading.

You're right. I completely forgot about that. Is that correct? That seems like a bug. Other company 737 doesn't do that.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

newmanix

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Its seems as if the FMC is deleting my flightplan. After departure it's gone. It's random however.

IP Logged

newmanix

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 9:57am
Print Post  
LNAV after HDG still not fixed with latest update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top