Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
landing pitch (Read 695 times)
FelixTch

landing pitch
Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
thank you for releasing the 737 classic' been waiting for this moment since the fs2000 when I first flew on the old good black orbit livery as a kid. so I took the 737 to a test flight and I noticed that the pitch is very high during the landing, in the first landing I landed flaps 40 and vref+15 pitch 5, on the second landing I landed flaps 30 and veref+5 pitch 7, usually on other 737 my landing pitch is somewhere between 3-6, also the default siting position making it very hard to see the runway when you are holding pitch 5 during the approach

IP Logged

MSpencer

Re: landing pitch
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Agreed, it seems a little goofy on the landing pitch. Very nose-up versus what you'd expect.

IP Logged

Airway88

Re: landing pitch
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
MSpencer wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 4:04am:
Agreed, it seems a little goofy on the landing pitch. Very nose-up versus what you'd expect.

I agree on that, specially when your reducing speed, let`s say to 180kts for approach, the pitch is very high, 7-8 degrees, the NGXu, A320s, 757 etc are not that high, so it feels a little tail heavy at all times.

I even see the stab trim are on a very high angle, even with trim 2.5 it seems like stab trim is at 20 plus...

But I guess it is a matter of time and they will fix these issues, remember we are just at 0301 still, faaaar out, it will improve for sure!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top