Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
G/A procedure (Read 714 times)
JJRMAND

G/A procedure
Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Hello everyone,

I was practicing the Go Aroung procedure according to the Captain Manual (which in fact is the same procedure as we have in my company FCOM, which is great). However, I detect one fail on the next step:

At flap retraction altitude, set speed to VREF 30 + 80.

In this step, when setting VREF30+80 (i.e. 200-220) the FMA remains in GA pitch mode (which is OK, same as real airplane); but the the captain sim 757 doesn't lower the nose to command this speed, it means G/A mode doens't transition to speed command as the real one does when repositioning the command speed; it keeps the G/A intial pitch. Real 757 would lower the nose.

I might have made a mistake or configured something erroneously,

Thanks for amy info!

IP Logged

Cupra1903

Re: G/A procedure
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 11:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

FraPre

Re: G/A procedure
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 11:39am
Print Post  
The problem is in fact present, because the CLB Thrust will not respond to the acceleration altitude when it reaches the acceleration altitude and will remain in GA mode. Thus, the speed can indeed screw in, but does not lead to an acceleration.
One can now manage by activating LVCH or VNAV at the acceleration level or as soon as possible. I have tried this several times now, but have not succeeded in the normal procedure. Rather, I noticed again that the autothrust has problems with keeping the speed during turns. Despite specification of e.g. 180 kts with Flaps 5, the speed dropped to the break of the current. At the start in the course round the chosen height was often ignored despite autopilot or at least clearly exceeded.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top