Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Starting Question (Read 1529 times)
Dustize

Starting Question
Feb 6th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Hi,

just bought the 757 3 days ago and i have some question about the behavior of the aircraft.
1. Engine Start
I start the left engine first, with APU Bleed Air.
After the start is finished, i activate the isolation valve switch. Then i cannot start the right engine until i activate the left engine bleed air.
When i just open the isolation valve switch, without the left engine bleed, it wont start.
Is this normal?

2. MCP Altitude
Is there any Altitude override knob, to cancel vnav altitude restriction? I only found the speed override button.

IP Logged

Colvale

Re: Starting Question
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Dustize wrote on Feb 6th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
Hi,

just bought the 757 3 days ago and i have some question about the behavior of the aircraft.
1. Engine Start
I start the left engine first, with APU Bleed Air.
After the start is finished, i activate the isolation valve switch. Then i cannot start the right engine until i activate the left engine bleed air.
When i just open the isolation valve switch, without the left engine bleed, it wont start.
Is this normal?

2. MCP Altitude
Is there any Altitude override knob, to cancel vnav altitude restriction? I only found the speed override button.

Engine Start Sequence. After you have started the APU Generator for power, turn off the Pack Valves Switches after you have made sure the APU Bleed Switch and the Isolation Valve Switch are on.

Start Eng 2(RHS) as in real world push back because the radio guy generally stands on the side the Captain can view him holding the nose leg pin in his hand by letting fuel in once you have reached a suitable N1.

Likewise, once the ground crew are clear,( assuming you are using GSX), start Eng 1(LHS).

Then you can turn off the Isolation Valve Switch and APU Bleed Air and APU power and turn both Packs on once both engines are running.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top