Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Maybe its me?? (Read 990 times)
Wayne St John

Maybe its me??
Jan 25th, 2019 at 12:43am
Print Post  
So not bashing here..CPT SIM is very close to having an amazing payware aircraft. Your looks and sounds are great but performance is, I have to say awful. Even with all possible adjustments I cannot get to a consistent 25 FPS. (I have a great system and no issue with ALL another company aircraft) When I plan my fuel for flights, I generally keep it pretty tight (90 mins RES). Even when properly configuring fuel valves I constantly get warnings for low fuel. The aircraft now twice has killed all engines on DES to arrival. Recovered but wow. Aircraft nearly never makes crossing restrictions. Was on final tonight and the LOC disconnected and the AC made a violent right turn and dumped about 1K in AL. I have FLT SIMMED for years and never paid for an aircraft at this price with so many issues. I don't want to give up on this..but what truly is being done? What are we paying 80 bucs for? Nice lights?

Wayne

IP Logged

KG1000

Re: Maybe its me??
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2019 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Hi,

Just a thought regarding the low fuel warnings. Depending on how you are calculating your fuel load, ie Simbrief etc, the reserves figure you enter into the FMC is important. So if you enter say 2.0 as your reserve fuel load (with a total load of say 10.5) when in fact you figure should be 3.0, you will get a low fuel warning when the FMC calculates your landing fuel will be say 2.5.
I have only had the 757 since Christmas so still getting used to it. I have noticed fuel consumption can be heavier than predicted by Simbrief. As for your performance, very odd. Like you I bought a new system I7-8700 GTX 1081i when I moved to P3DV4 from FSX. I have found the 757 performs better with higher settings than the FS Labs for example. That said, with ASN in bad weather, that can reduce performance on all my aircraft.  Not sure if this helps.

Best,

Keith

IP Logged

Scholli04

Re: Maybe its me??
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
If you are using PFPX or SimBrief you might need to apply a fuel correction bias. I found that on a typical 1:30h flight the captainsim uses about 1t more fuel than predicted by PFPX or SimBrief.
The longer the flight gets the closer the values will start to match the planned values.
In PFPX adding about 400kg for the climb and 500kg for the approach will give you about the correct fuel burn for the captainsim 757.

Agreed on the crossing restrictions, VNAV needs lots of improvements, especially on the speed management part!

I never had a violent breakout on approach as you said, despite over 100 flights with the 757 now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top