Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Unable to update to latest version (Read 1687 times)
KG1000

Unable to update to latest version
Dec 28th, 2018 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Santa bought me this wonderful product so new to the Forums!! I am trying to update but I am getting a warning saying the installer integrity check has failed. I have switched of AV but with no success. Appreciate any help.

Regards,

Keith

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Unable to update to latest version
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 2:26am
Print Post  
KG1000 wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 5:46pm:
I am getting a warning saying the installer integrity check has failed.

What software gives you the warning?

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Hi,

It is the Windows NSIS error. I have never had this before. I have tried the fix with the Cmd NCRC etc as recommended but I still get the error. Incidentally, no problems with the previous versions which I purchased on 24 December. However, I originally had V3 of the base pack, but overwrote it when I downloaded the latest versions. If I try to launch both following download, I get the NSIS error.

Best,

Keith

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Just an update. I have tried the download on my second PC and get the same error. Also, I am not certain I am getting the full download. Each time I try to download the updates, the download starts slowly, then when maybe half way through, it completes instantly. I have good broadband speed, but it’s not that fast.

Regards,

Keith

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
KG1000 wrote on Dec 29th, 2018 at 9:23am:
It is the Windows NSIS error.

99% it's a corrupted download.
1% it's AV https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1489697628

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks. I am happy it is not AV. How do I get a non corrupted download? Looking at the link I can eliminate the AV. If I uninstall my product, I will not be able to reinstall it. I tried this with the expansion pack. I uninstalled V 1.2. I could not install version 1.3 for the reasons above. Where else can I get a download from?

Best,

Keith

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Well, its clearly corrupted but it can be corrupted either by AV during the download OR by poor internet connection itself.
1. Redownload from another PC with reliable internet connection with ALL AV OFF.
2. https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1489697628

IP Logged

KG1000

Reply #7 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for patience, advice and perseverance!! Sorted.

Despite my thoughts, it was AV! In case anyone gets this problem, here is the solution for me. As instructed switch off all AV, especially Windows SmartScreen. That was the one that caused the initial trouble even though I had switched of Windows Defender. (I use Norton who caused no problems here). I was trying to use MS Edge but decided to try Internet Explorer instead. Initially the package would only part download with the warning "the publisher of this programme couldn't be verified."
There are internet guidelines on how to adjust the IE setting to remove this warning so use those. Then I downloaded the files again. The download did get interrupted and had to be resumed several times and eventually I had two nice new files!

As is often typical in the world of computers, I had no problems downloading when I purchased the 757 for P3DV4. I have changed nothing on my PC so no idea why. And typical in the world of flight simulation a few hours of my life consumed, hours which I will never get back!   Happy New Year to all. Looking forward to giving this aircraft some serious schedules!!

Regards,

Keith

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top