Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Rolls Royce Liveries (Read 3495 times)
starseed

Rolls Royce Liveries
Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:09am
Print Post  
For $30 I was hoping for more than just an engine and replicated models and no real liveries after months. 

CS75_RR_DA__2_.jpg ( 168 KB | 204 Downloads )
CS75_RR_DA__2_.jpg

IP Logged

starseed

Re: Rolls Royce Liveries
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:13am
Print Post  
DELTA

CS75_RR_DA__1_.jpg ( 218 KB | 164 Downloads )
CS75_RR_DA__1_.jpg

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
starseed wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:09am:
and no real liveries after months. 

I'm not sure what the "real liveries" are but for now (2 days after release) 33 free liveries for RR are available via ACE.

IP Logged

robcarly
Beta Team

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 1:51am
Print Post  
I was going to say there are loads now

IP Logged

Petetech

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Can i add, and maybe clarify if its the same thoughts im having... A lot of the liveries that are actually RR in real life are in the PW version only... I understand that was so the liveries could be used on the wrong engine model to tide us over until the RR was released. I dont mind paying premium prices for sure. But i sort of expected the liveries that are available as PW but are RR in real life to be ported over to RR model... Then on ACE i noticed you can select the engine type, but RR is greyed out when you try... Is it the plan to make the RR liveries available or do we have to fly PW2037 if we want to fly say G-BYAY, which is actually RB211-535 E4. Makes no sense... unless i am missing something? And i may be lol. Grin

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Petetech wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 10:38am:
A lot of the liveries that are actually RR in real life are in the PW version only... I understand that was so the liveries could be used on the wrong engine model to tide us over until the RR was released.

Right

Quote:
Then on ACE i noticed you can select the engine type, but RR is greyed out when you try...

Right, because PW and RR liveries are different.

Quote:
Is it the plan to make the RR liveries available or do we have to fly PW2037 if we want to fly say G-BYAY, which is actually RB211-535 E4?

CS provided 29 free liveries on the release day, the rest is totally up to the free repaint artists. The best bet would be to contact the livery artist and ask him to make the RR version asap.

IP Logged

Petetech

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Oh, right.

Are the liveries in Ace, for example G-BYAY, made by someone for free and then hosted on Ace, or are they all CS ones? And if not, is there a central place for painters to upload repaints for the RR model? I know it's early days and liveries take time. I don't know anything about painting, but how big a job would it be to port the pw ones that are really RR over and just add the repainted engines? Or is the airframe model different too?

IP Logged

Petetech

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Or if I keep an eye on Ace, will more come on there when painters paint them? Or is ACE online liveries just the ones that are there?

IP Logged

Spelly

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
ATA Palm Tree and flag livery, USAirways white top livery, American Airlines bare metal, North American Airlines

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Petetech wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:23pm:
Oh, right.

Are the liveries in Ace, for example G-BYAY, made by someone for free and then hosted on Ace, or are they all CS ones? And if not, is there a central place for painters to upload repaints for the RR model? I know it's early days and liveries take time. I don't know anything about painting, but how big a job would it be to port the pw ones that are really RR over and just add the repainted engines? Or is the airframe model different too?

Please read the Manual Part 5 and the ACE section of the Part 1.

IP Logged

Petetech

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Ahhhh, thanks. I didn't think to check that. That has cleared up my understanding of the way ACE hosts painters repaints. Hopefully I can successfully request some of the incorrect PW repaints to be redone in the RR model and maybe in time they can be all shuffled about in ACE to correctly represent the real world variants. There are a lot of older defunct liveries available right now for the RR, and that's great. But I always like to fly models, liveries and reg's that are currently flying haha. Thanks for responding. And keep up the good work.  Smiley

IP Logged

Capt. Bill

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
starseed wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:09am:
For $30 I was hoping for more than just an engine and replicated models and no real liveries after months. 

This is  the one I am waiting on.. I have the star alliance but I didn't see any regular UAL version for  RR engines.

Capt. Bill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top