Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Red Cabin Altitude Light (Read 5188 times)
Adam_UK

Red Cabin Altitude Light
Aug 12th, 2013 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Hi All!

Does anybody else have an issue with the Red Cabin Altitude Light staying lit on the Equipment Cooling Panel? The yellow Cabin Alt light is not lit on the overhead Warning Lights panel.

Before take-off I set Auto Rate on the pressure panel to the indicated notch, Landing Alt Indicator to the landing field elevation and Mode to Auto 1 for outbound flights and auto 2 for inbound flights.

Can anybody point out the error of my ways? There are no master warning or caution alerts.

Cheers!

Adam

"My soul is in the sky." - William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', Act V. Scene I https://flyuk.aero/signature/UKV1141

IP Logged

Kenny

Re: Red Cabin Altitude Light
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
The CABIN ALTITUDE light illuminates when the cabin altitude is above 10,000 feet. It will extinguish when the cabin altitude is below 8,500 feet. Are your engine bleed valves, trim air, and packs operating?

IP Logged

Adam_UK

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply Kenny,

Yes, they were working. I have had this twice. Once from start-up and then once when resuming a different saved flight which hadn't previously had the issue. However, In the dozen or so medium haul flights I have now made it has not occurred since.

I have had problems with my network (I fly with weather provided by AS2012 on a networked PC) and am now wondering if a disconnection from AS followed by a later re-connection may have caused a jump in altimeter pressure setting which might cause this? Just my best guess. Or maybe I missed something?!

As it seems isolated to just those two events I'm not too worried now... it must have been coincidence that they both occurred together when I hadn't long started with the aircraft and made me think it was a larger issue.

Kind regards,

Adam

"My soul is in the sky." - William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', Act V. Scene I https://flyuk.aero/signature/UKV1141

IP Logged

Jazz777

Ready to fly?

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Kenny wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:38pm:
The CABIN ALTITUDE light illuminates when the cabin altitude is above 10,000 feet. It will extinguish when the cabin altitude is below 8,500 feet. Are your engine bleed valves, trim air, and packs operating?

Usually it doesn't lit when you're above 10,000 feet in the air nor during the whole flight. I had this once because there was nothing to do in the flight so I PLAYED WITH THE LANDING ALTITUTE Tongue. So I prefer that you don't touch it and nothing will happen to it(Maybe...) Wink

Jasper

IP Logged

SEAN ZARELLA

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
in the b757 fcom it explains what was posted earlier about passing 10,000 feet

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top