Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
True Cold and Dark? (Read 2136 times)
VeryBumpy

True Cold and Dark?
Aug 7th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
So this plane comes provided with a 727-100 save c+d at KSEA.

I am no pilot and no expert but is this CS provided cold and dark accurate?

There sure seems to be a lot of switches in the ON position that I think should be off i.e. yaw/rudder/elevator/spoiler hyd switches, fuel pumps, many heat switches, hydraulic system pumps, smoke/seat and few others.

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: True Cold and Dark?
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Im not a pilot too, but from GA aircraft i know one thing for sure:
You should check switches states before connecting battery, or other source. Who knows who fooled in the cockpit before Wink

And about proper switches state, +1 to the question! Im interested too!

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Derek,

First, I don't use the cold & dark canned save. What I have done is just start up the sim and load the 727 at what ever airport I want. I use ORBX scenery and place the plane at a gate of my liking. Then I load the fuel and payload I want and set the switches the way I want them. When I'm happy with my set-up I save the flight and give it a name. When I want to do a full pre-flt and start I just load the saved flight.

On the overhead panel, all the hydraulic switches should be left on and the yaw dampers as well. Seat belt/ no smoke would be off and lights off. Sometimes the nav lights would be left on since ground power would be plugged in. If the plane was to be left without ground power then the nav lights would be off and the battery and radio master off as well. All heat switches off and emergency exit lights off too, so the battery does not discharge.

F/E panel, just about all switches would be off, but the generator field and bus-tie switches would be left closed so as to be ready for ground or APU power.

I know this was talked about somewhere in the murkier past, so I won't go through the whole start, but when you arrived at a completely dead plane before you moved any switches you would do a cockpit safety check to assure that when power was applied to the plane nothing would move like flaps, gear etc.

After the safety check the planes battery would be turned on and start the APU or if ground power was available it could be selected. If ground power is plugged in (the outside plug inserted in the receptacle and power available) , but not selected to ON on the F/E panel, there are still some cockpit & cabin items that would be powered - mostly lights.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Thanks for reply Lou! I use saved flight for cold and dark too. By loading it twice, i got all my switches in correct state.

IP Logged

VeryBumpy

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Indeed, thanks Lou. Now to go setup and save a proper panel state.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top