Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
707 Flight Director and Hydraulics checks (Read 4871 times)
windplayer

707 Flight Director and Hydraulics checks
Jul 22nd, 2013 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Hi guys. can you help me with F/D?

I never used it, always landed visually, but wanted to learn how to use it. I can fly using F/D in HDG and VOR modes, Alt holding works fine too, but i cant use it for performing ILS approach. NAV/LOC, Appr Auto/man - it seems to me that they doesnt work. Turning that modes on disables glideslope indicator, and F/D itself going nuts, it shows far to the side, and not responds to anything. Im talking about hand flown landings.

Was anyone able to use it in this modes, or it doent work?

same question for 727, 737 F/D ?

===============================================
Hydraulics

What proper way to test and set Hydraulic system during preparations for flight?
Electrical Pump names seems to be messed up in procedures manual? i dont get it. How you should test and set it?

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Re: 707 Flight Director and Hydraulics checks
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Windy,

The 707 & 727 F/D's sadly do not really work.
This is a know problem and we are hoping that some day the problem will be corrected. Don't hold your breath.  Shocked

As for the hydraulics, the 707's I flew had all the controls on the lower F/O's panel. The handbook shows switches on the F/E panel which are not modeled in the CS plane.

Pretty simple system since you had a utility system to run the gear, flaps and spoilers and a separate rudder system. Ailerons and elevator were not powered.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Thanks Lou. I discovered that F\D is very handy device! Even if it partially operational, well...its an old plane, something needs to be fixed in it Wink

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
If we dream on a bit, I could imagine some addon which enables all sort of maintenance tasks for the 707. You know, in the way some companies offer it for the small GA planes (Piper Cub!). So you could walk around the plane, open certain departments, check the levels and for foreign object damage, pull the CBs, adjust things.

Should come together with a HUGE book on the system details.  Cheesy

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
You would practically have to include the entire Maintenance Manual!  Shocked

For one of these jetliners, it would require a lot of research.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
But it would be cool, say it!  Tongue Educational addon, eh?

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Totally! No need of very detailed addon. Just custom failures engine for particular aircraft. which can calculate system run-time, add some random variables and fail system partially of complete. Say - you dont see green light after gear extension. Whats that? Something broken or its just burned out bulb?

How about non critical components failed, and you gotta decide fly airplane or not.

It can be separate addon, an option for pilots, who want some more Smiley

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Windy, when speaking about a separate soft which accesses the FSX ingame failure 'generator' or just fails certain systems, I think there is such a thing. At least partially and perhaps in a setup together with a career mode of some kind.

Now those things access what FSX offers, so it won't go as deep as a light bulb or certain CBs but it'll stay at e.g. engine 1 failure or a non working gear. Now some addons allow a sort of instructor station to access them, so one can really fail a subsystem or cause wonky freqs on the power generation. So this would go in the direction of my or our dream, a fully workable and maintainable 707.  Cheesy

Now I don't know if there would be a market for something like that to be honest. Well, I never thought that there is a market for flight sim addons, just a few years back.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2013 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Yep, im thinking about custom module for failures - so our dreams go same direction Smiley

As for market - well there is another developer who sells it as separate addon. They sell already cool aircraft, but for hardcore simmers they sell this module, which makes engines behave different, and makes f\e monitor oil temps etc. Maintenance module included too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top