Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Why can't you fix this plane? (Read 7250 times)
signal_runner

Why can't you fix this plane?
Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Guys I'm pretty annoyed. For months I've owned this plane waiting for a fix pack (CS737-200 1.1)and still I can't do a proper flight because the battery (FSX battery) runs out while on the ground within minutes to spite APU or ground power connected!
There are many other small problems with this plane as well which people on this forum have already hightlighted time and again. Why can't you fix this?

IP Logged

RobWilk

Re: Why can't you fix this plane?
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I've owned this airplane for months and flown it for hundreds of hours without a single issue and in my opinion, it's one of the best CS has produced.

I've never had an issue with the battery dying as long as the APU's running and whatever minor issues I've experienced were solved by application of the many workarounds provided by the knowledgeable members on this forum.

Just sayin'..............

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
I've only ever had the power problem once. I started a Topic on it, but it has never happened again. I did some testing, that took a day (18 hours) to do, but the APU started every time I tried it and I never lost the power to the aircraft over that 18 hours. The engines and APU were OFF for most of that time. I would wait about 2 hours before starting the APU, then start the engines. After the engines were started, I turned the APU OFF, the shut down the engines.

So like RobWilk, I've done hours of flights in the 737, and of all the Captain Sim aircraft, it's my favourite.

Yes, there ARE fixes need for the 737, but the ones that bother me the most are the following:
(1) The engines are far too powerful for the aircraft. The change I made, static_thrust = 16000 helps, but I don't really know what it should be.
(2) The PDCS occasionally causes FSX to crash, but if I enter the data very carefully (slow and deliberate clicks of the keys) it doesn't.
(3) The PDCS isn't tied in to the EPR Reference Bugs, so you have to set them manually. I'm not sure if the engines are NOT supposed to exceed the EPR setting, but they do anyway.
(4) The FDE doesn't seem to be realistic. I don't know if they aren't, but going by what many others say, it isn't very realist.

As for any others, I don't feel they are as important as the ones I listed, but it would be nice for them to be fixed too.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

signal_runner

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:21am
Print Post  
OK thanks for the responses. I will try to figure out the battery problem - looks like it's something only I am experiencing though and I have fairly fresh install.
The static thrust fix looks like a must.
Do you know if there's a work around for the yaw damper light not extinguishing?

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Yaw damper light extinguishes on takeoff.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Paul has posted some fixes, including the funny behaving YD light. That's cs737_apu_gen_grdpwr_mod.zip over at the Avsim library.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Paul's mod works great btw, I use it and I no longer have any electrical power issues with the GPU and APU.

IP Logged

CXA546

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I agree 110%. The PDCS crashes are annoying. The flying performance and dynamics need to be fixed. I believe there are also issues with the flight director. It's always the same story however, the paying customers go to the back of the line.

IP Logged

Crabs25

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
signal_runner wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:27am:
Guys I'm pretty annoyed. For months I've owned this plane waiting for a fix pack (CS737-200 1.1)and still I can't do a proper flight because the battery (FSX battery) runs out while on the ground within minutes to spite APU or ground power connected!
There are many other small problems with this plane as well which people on this forum have already hightlighted time and again. Why can't you fix this?

I have the same battery issues. I don't fly the 737 anymore. I don't like poor support. The 757 has been much better supported and I like it. My time for flying is now severely limited and I'm fed up with the disappointment if planning a flight, getting the Nav sorted and then getting the checklists out to find out that if I'm lucky enough to not have a CTD by being audacious enough to press a certain switch that ought not to screw FSX up, I can't start the engines as the battery ran out often 5 mins, despite having the ApU running and the gens fired up.

VERY frustrating.

[imghttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x737/x737_T.jpg

IP Logged

High Iron

Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 5:20am
Print Post  
I can agree with the frustrations. Although I use P3D, I had these very same problems in FSX. I have never succeeded in getting external power working on either platforms and the same goes with the battery rundown with the APU running.

I wonder Mark, have you set you battery to infinite?

It's strange that it affects some of us all the time while others not at all.

Cheers,
Thad

Intel i7- 980X OC 4.5GHz | 24GB DDR3 1600 RAM | EVGA GTX690 | ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard | Corsair AX1200 PSU | 500Gb Samsung SSD (Prepar3D dedicated) | Windows 10 Pro 64

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 8:51am
Print Post  
High Iron wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 5:20am:
I wonder Mark, have you set you battery to infinite?

Yes. I have. But not on, or for, the CS 737! And at the time that I used to use the extended power capabilities of FSUIPC, was a long time ago, and to use with F1 Cessna Mustang. With the last update of that aircraft, the battery seems to last a bit longer (or I can program my route faster than I originally could). Besides, I haven't used that plane for months. Currently, I do not have infinite (or any extended time) selected in FSUIPC Registered. It is currently set at [b]1[/1], and has been set at that since I upgraded my computer in August 2012. Nor do I have the line electric_always_available=1 in my aircraft.cfg file for the Captain Sim 737's (all models). My battery doesn't go flat in 5 minutes, or for that matter, in 60 minutes. So I can always start the APU whenever I want/need to.

One thing I do do a lot, is use External Power and Bleed Air. I'm funny that way. On all my addon aircraft, if external power and air are available, I use it until just prior to engine start. So when it is time to start the engines, I first start the APU, then I start the engines. I have GSX, and it makes me do this start the engines using the APU because it won't pushback the aircraft if the engines are already running.

This is my battery setting in FSUIPC. As I said, it's been on that setting for months.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top