Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Ground spoiler sound deployment (Read 3414 times)
M.Schouten

Ground spoiler sound deployment
May 27th, 2013 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I have been modifying the sound folder for my CS767. Sounds such as packs, buttons, APU ect. I was woundering if the animation of the ground spoiler lever that retracts when touching the ground with landing, other sim companies, even older ones have a very nice mechanic deploying sound. It always stimulates the climax when you're in a beautiful landing Smiley

IP Logged

gandy

Re: Ground spoiler sound deployment
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2013 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
You might not be able to hear it from the cockpit which is why there is no sound, when in the air and using the spoilers you should be able to hear the rumble it can cause.

Watching a few vids of 767's landing there is so much you cant really hear it changing position, it might just be one of the many clicks that can be heard.

&&

IP Logged

M.Schouten

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply, I have flown along couple of times in a cockpit of a 767 and there is, as in all the other Boeings a mechanical sound that brings the lever back, it gives the pilots a quick confirm that the spoiler is deployed

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
M. Schouten is correct, there is a noise generated by both spoiler deployment and also when automatic stowage takes place. The noise lets the pilot know the lever is in motion without looking.

There is however no noise it the lever is moved manually.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

M.Schouten

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
No exactly, but when it is in the ARMED mode and then it deploys, it should make a mechanical sound. It just brings a lot of realism if the CS767 did have it. I saw in the sound file that there are a lot of animations not linked with a sound file, if I am correct.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top