Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New 777 customer, 2 questions if I may. (Read 1733 times)
Foofighter

New 777 customer, 2 questions if I may.
May 21st, 2013 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Hi

I just purchased the 777 package and expansions.

Are all the extra (86) liveries as advertised on the main product page available only from Avsim? If so I did not see that many there.

Is there not a single repository for us to download new liveries from?

Does anyone have any performance tips in regards to the virtual cockpit? My specs are quite over the miminum and the performance is poor in that view. Any tips or tricks in regards to this, I see that there are quite a few with the same complaint but I did not see a specific way to circumvent this.

Thanks in advance,
G

IP Logged

matsuman

B777 and B787 driver

Re: New 777 customer, 2 questions if I may.
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
As far as the free liveries, some of them will link you to AVSIM and you have to type down the search field.

No matter what system you have, I say to be fair will be a semi medium rig. You will be good using the default FSX airports with some 20% AI.
If you start using payware sceneries like FSDreamteam and some FlyTampa, you will get some frame rate hits.

At this point, the CS777 is flyable with some limitations that you have to deal with. I've done a complete flights already with it flying long hauls and landed manually. There is an issue with the ILS capturing on some of the airports that auto land will be an issue.
All of these issues and the other features out of the box will be delivered per CS, so we just have to wait when they are ready.

I know that there is another "777" product around the corner ready to be released. I've been flying PSS B777 version for years on my FS9. But I will tell you this CS777 will not go to the hangar, I will be doing hours of fun flying with this, no matter what.

Kin M.
(Klax)

IP Logged

Foofighter

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2013 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Ok, just figured out that it can be done through your profile via the Captain Sim website, sweet.

It is a pity that there are no performance options to tweak in regards to the VC even via the ACE tool.

I can only hope that they find a way to sqeeze some extra fps from the cockpit view.

Thanks,
G

IP Logged

vonstroheim
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Foofighter wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 4:28pm:
I can only hope that they find a way to sqeeze some extra fps from the cockpit view...

Check out this post here and report your FPS gain, if any!

IP Logged

Foofighter

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2013 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Many thanks! I will give that a try.

Cheers,
G

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top