Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Show your support to Captain Sim (Read 11641 times)
Daddns

Show your support to Captain Sim
May 21st, 2013 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Hello fellow simmers that have purchased 777 Captain and are desperate to get a final version - with all the big issues sorted out.

This message is to you.

Please consider purchasing another instance of 777 Captain.

You don't have to actually download and install it - just buy it.  Doing so would help Captain Sim enormously to get the money and support they probably desperately need.

I say "probably" because I imagine that their business is not exactly lucrative.  I imagine that everybody at Captain Sim are working there largely out of love for aviation and flight simming.

Buying the product a second time would go way further towards getting a satisfactory final version than whinging on this bulletin board.  I know not everybody can afford to.  I think this product is so good already and shows so much potential that it is worth the money for a second purchase.

I have just made my second purchase.  I got the base pack and both expansion packs.  If you can't afford all three, then how about just the base pack?

I do not work for Captain Sim.  I am a pilot working for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia.  I have a plane-mad 10 year old son.  There's not many things we enjoy more than making a flight together on FSX.  We print out the flight plan and really make a big occasion of it.  He handles the radio work and I do everything else.  He keeps asking me when the 777 will be ready.

Come on, everybody.  Show some generosity and get in there and buy another 777 from Captain Sim.  Or some other plane from them.  Show them your support and just how good you think the 777 is and can become!

Daddns.

IP Logged

CptVHHH

Re: Show your support to Captain Sim
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2013 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Hello Daddns,
Your point is quite valid. But, i think we need some response from CS. If they are low on resources, i guess everyone would love to help them get this magnificent bird ready.

Still, we are waiting for the next SP which will be hopefully out next month.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2013 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Nice of you to say this Daddns, but I think that Captain Sim are alright financial (as "alright financially" as is possible within this industry).

Have patience, the latest update is being worked on and is hoped to be released sometime this month, IF POSSIBLE:
Captain Sim 2 wrote on May 8th, 2013 at 6:15pm:
Just an update on the 1.2 timeframe: we HOPE to see it out in MAY2013.

That means that they are currently working hard on it, and, unless there are any unexpected hiccups, it could well be released within the next 10 or 11 days. I would rather wait a little longer to get it done right, than to get by 31 May with more bugs. Wouldn't you? Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2013 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Thank you all for support Smiley
Please stay tuned for news.

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2013 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
ur kidding me right? 1st why would i even think of buying the same aircraft? 2nd where u getting this finacial information from because i very much doubt it just like mark said financialy there be ok.

I certainly wouldnt buy the same aircraft twice and certainly wornt be buying anymore aircraft until the one i already payed for is fixed Smiley (No Offence CS)

@Captain sim - Ur Keeping me in suspence cannot wait for this new sp and see how much this sexy big bird is looking system wise. Take as long as you like really want this sp to be done right this time and not rushed Smiley Cheesy I do value all the hard work you are doing with this big bird Wink

Daddns wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:28am:
Hello fellow simmers that have purchased 777 Captain and are desperate to get a final version - with all the big issues sorted out.

This message is to you.

You don't have to actually download and install it - just buy it.  Doing so would help Captain Sim enormously to get the money and support they probably desperately need.

I say "probably" because I imagine that their business is not exactly lucrative.  I imagine that everybody at Captain Sim are working there largely out of love for aviation and flight simming.

Buying the product a second time would go way further towards getting a satisfactory final version than whinging on this bulletin board.  I know not everybody can afford to.  I think this product is so good already and shows so much potential that it is worth the money for a second purchase.

I have just made my second purchase.  I got the base pack and both expansion packs.  If you can't afford all three, then how about just the base pack?

I do not work for Captain Sim.  I am a pilot working for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia.  I have a plane-mad 10 year old son.  There's not many things we enjoy more than making a flight together on FSX.  We print out the flight plan and really make a big occasion of it.  He handles the radio work and I do everything else.  He keeps asking me when the 777 will be ready.

Come on, everybody.  Show some generosity and get in there and buy another 777 from Captain Sim.  Or some other plane from them.  Show them your support and just how good you think the 777 is and can become!

Daddns.

Captain Sim 757&&Captain Sim 777&&&&Sean Smiley

IP Logged

tjh876

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2013 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Lets not let this become the competitor's forums where if you bring up a radical or different idea, you get chewed up and laughed at. Show some respect to the idea, it actually makes some sense.

Captain Sim has released some well detailed aircraft, aircraft that really aren't developed elsewhere to the detail of CS, take for instance, the 707, 737, 727, etc. Yet, that comes at a cost, and their latest full release, the 777, has some tough competition, but I admire their great release regardless, it is quite a nice product, with a great level of visual detail. So it might not draw in the great profit (who knows though). Back to the point though, do I think we should all go buy it again to support the company? Well it depends on what you want to see. Depending on the sales, I would assume that those would reflect the attention and number of updates issued by CS for the 777. If they say that if many people buy the product, we will continue to improve it, then maybe that is an idea. An example is the B-52, CS stated that if there is enough interest in the exterior model, an interior might be developed.

I think though that buying another product just to support the company may be an okay idea, but a user-ran giveaway to support CS and help gain outside interest (so not only maybe giving CS a one time payment from previous owners, but increasing payments from new customers). There are people who trash CS who probably only read the comments and look at the pictures, but never personally paid for and flown the aircraft.

So hey, if the community wants to help give the developer more funds to help improve products, then maybe instead of just buying it for ourselves, maybe we could make a contest like system to draw in new pilots, and help expand the community. That is just an idea though, and who knows if funds are needed, or instead support and backing

-Tom H

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2013 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Any buisness thinks for the future to keep the funds coming in and not begging existing customers to pay for the product AGAIN!! or buy other products to keep have the funds to finish a product theres just no logic in the matter

If the company wants more money they should think about more advertising
and building better relationships with their current customers and not have existing faults passed on in a new built add-on

It's like me starting my own company making aircrafts and just going by the funds what people give me when they buy the product unfinished and stating can customers buy the product again as i need money to finish a service pack.

Look forums are for opinions and ideas and on this one i'm sharing my opinion and if i get chewed up and laughed at (As you call it) then so be it i have teeth i can bite back!

and yes i have already showed my support i have the 757 and the 777 which was expensive when i bought it from 0.2 39.99euros so i think i've contributed enough in that matter

but heyyyy who said they are struggling which i doubt they are the amount of customer base they have especially for the 777 who bought the product for 60odd euro's

tjh876 wrote on May 24th, 2013 at 10:02pm:
Lets not let this become the competitor's forums where if you bring up a radical or different idea, you get chewed up and laughed at. Show some respect to the idea, it actually makes some sense.

Captain Sim has released some well detailed aircraft, aircraft that really aren't developed elsewhere to the detail of CS, take for instance, the 707, 737, 727, etc. Yet, that comes at a cost, and their latest full release, the 777, has some tough competition, but I admire their great release regardless, it is quite a nice product, with a great level of visual detail. So it might not draw in the great profit (who knows though). Back to the point though, do I think we should all go buy it again to support the company? Well it depends on what you want to see. Depending on the sales, I would assume that those would reflect the attention and number of updates issued by CS for the 777. If they say that if many people buy the product, we will continue to improve it, then maybe that is an idea. An example is the B-52, CS stated that if there is enough interest in the exterior model, an interior might be developed.

I think though that buying another product just to support the company may be an okay idea, but a user-ran giveaway to support CS and help gain outside interest (so not only maybe giving CS a one time payment from previous owners, but increasing payments from new customers). There are people who trash CS who probably only read the comments and look at the pictures, but never personally paid for and flown the aircraft.

So hey, if the community wants to help give the developer more funds to help improve products, then maybe instead of just buying it for ourselves, maybe we could make a contest like system to draw in new pilots, and help expand the community. That is just an idea though, and who knows if funds are needed, or instead support and backing

-Tom H

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2013 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Another side to the reason for the delay in the next SP, is that the developers have real lives with jobs.
Sometimes real life events cause delays. Going by the About Captain Sim web page, the main members of the development team are pilots with jobs. Be it as a Fighter Pilot or an Airline Pilot. I think that having time, more than money, is the problem.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #8 - May 25th, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
100% Agree with you there mark, theres only so many hours a person has and they need time to be with their families which people don't understand  Embarrassed

Markoz wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 3:14am:
Another side to the reason for the delay in the next SP, is that the developers have real lives with jobs.
Sometimes real life events cause delays. Going by the About Captain Sim web page, the main members of the development team are pilots with jobs. Be it as a Fighter Pilot or an Airline Pilot. I think that having time, more than money, is the problem.

IP Logged

virge

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 6:36am:
Nice of you to say this Daddns, but I think that Captain Sim are alright financial (as "alright financially" as is possible within this industry).

Have patience, the latest update is being worked on and is hoped to be released sometime this month, IF POSSIBLE:

That means that they are currently working hard on it, and, unless there are any unexpected hiccups, it could well be released within the next 10 or 11 days. I would rather wait a little longer to get it done right, than to get by 31 May with more bugs. Wouldn't you? Wink

I have to agree with you Mark. There are too many developers who push out their product too soon. I to would rather wait until they can iron out as many bugs that might pop up. Captain Sim has a very good reputation, for good product, and it is too important to ruin that reputation by pushing out faulty product. 

i7 3770 quad core, ATI 7870 2GB ram, 16 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, 32 GB SSD, 23 inch monitor

IP Logged

Howell

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Daddns wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:28am:

This message is to you.

You don't have to actually download and install it - just buy it.  Doing so would help Captain Sim enormously to get the money and support they probably desperately need.

I say "probably" because I imagine that their business is not exactly lucrative.  I imagine that everybody at Captain Sim are working there largely out of love for aviation and flight simming.

Buying the product a second time would go way further towards getting a satisfactory final version than whinging on this bulletin board.  I know not everybody can afford to.  I think this product is so good already and shows so much potential that it is worth the money for a second purchase.

I have just made my second purchase.  I got the base pack and both expansion packs.  If you can't afford all three, then how about just the base pack?

I do not work for Captain Sim.  I am a pilot working for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia.  I have a plane-mad 10 year old son.  There's not many things we enjoy more than making a flight together on FSX.  We print out the flight plan and really make a big occasion of it.  He handles the radio work and I do everything else.  He keeps asking me when the 777 will be ready.

Come on, everybody.  Show some generosity and get in there and buy another 777 from Captain Sim.  Or some other plane from them.  Show them your support and just how good you think the 777 is and can become!

Daddns.

WOW....I thought at first you where being funny, but what the HELL.....LMAO!

MARK.....I think CS pay you because you are always defending CS.......are you getting free products? Grin

I am no business genius, but if your product speaks for itself, money should just be rolling and as for the family life, I can agree, and I can be patient in waiting for the SP, but you can not release 1.0 with so many issues...........

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #11 - May 27th, 2013 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
 WOW....I thought at first you where being funny, but what the HELL.....LMAO!

MARK.....I think CS pay you because you are always defending CS.......are you getting free products?

I am no business genius, but if your product speaks for itself, money should just be rolling and as for the family life, I can agree, and I can be patient in waiting for the SP, but you can not release 1.0 with so many issues...........

Dude, you really need to calm down...

Mark supports CS, like me and many other people on this forum, because he has their products which are, for the most part, very high quality.

If all that you are going to do is come onto this forum and say that the product "sucks" (quoting you from another thread), you have no business here. I have said it before and I will say it again: what do you plan on achieving by just saying the product is bad? How is CS supposed to know what the issues are if you don't give any specifics and just say it "sucks"?

You really need to grow up and learn some respect.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - May 27th, 2013 at 2:48am
Print Post  
You shouldn't respond to him Patrick. It isn't worth the effort! Grin

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #13 - May 27th, 2013 at 8:07am
Print Post  

Well, if there's no "unexpected hiccups" then it will be released within 4 days 5 hours and 53 minutes  Cheesy

IP Logged

Highflyer2010

Reply #14 - May 27th, 2013 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Nothing like a good countdown lol  Grin

LOLcakes wrote on May 27th, 2013 at 8:07am:

Well, if there's no "unexpected hiccups" then it will be released within 4 days 5 hours and 53 minutes  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top