Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Bravo!! (Read 3369 times)
packers101

Bravo!!
Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
A friend of mine sent me some screenshots of the competition's 777 VC, and from strictly an INTERIOR MODELING standpoint (since systems and other aspects cannot yet be compared), I think that CS has the upper hand. I know that there are still plenty of issues to be worked out (I have faith CS will fix them all), but I want to thank the folks at CS for providing the best looking T7 on the market. If you disagree with me that's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you have issues with the plane, don't be childish and put them on this thread. This is simply my thanks to CS. However, more compliments are gladly accepted  Grin

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Re: Bravo!!
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 2:15am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:29pm:
A friend of mine sent me some screenshots of the competition's 777 VC, and from strictly an INTERIOR MODELING standpoint (since systems and other aspects cannot yet be compared), I think that CS has the upper hand. I know that there are still plenty of issues to be worked out (I have faith CS will fix them all), but I want to thank the folks at CS for providing the best looking T7 on the market. If you disagree with me that's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you have issues with the plane, don't be childish and put them on this thread. This is simply my thanks to CS. However, more compliments are gladly accepted  Grin

+1

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 4:45am
Print Post  
I wish they could increase the frame rates in the V/C I would be satisfied Wink

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:38am
Print Post  
oskiatl wrote on Mar 17th, 2013 at 4:45am:
I wish they could increase the frame rates in the V/C I would be satisfied Wink

It would be quite hard considering the amount of detail that they put in.. Undecided

IP Logged

olli4740

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:43am
Print Post  
They already shifted the PAX cabin to a separate model in order to squeeze out a few more fps. What else can they do? Shift the flightdeck?   Wink   Reducing the number of polygons from the flightdeck would decrease their advantage - graphics-wise - over "other" developers.

Regards, Oliver&&&&"Center, I have that little f... FOKKER in sight!"

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
I've spent 2 hours this morning comparing every opposition pre release screen shot I can find with CS . Very hard without a direct model comparison (and yes I will buy their product). I like a clean cockpit (no coffee spills, scratches and finger prints etc.) -- FLAP not FLAR --- all of which I have fixed for myself. Looking at my cockpit and the opposition is close. CS 92% against 85% for theirs as I can see it now.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

bubba620

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
This is refreshing to see this post without bashing CS. I have enjoyed all their products and like all companies they too have a limit on what FSX or 2004 will except for code to make these products. As you can see I don't post often but have been buying and checking this board for the past few years. I've had good luck with the 777 as well as their 767,757,737,B52, and C130. I really can't say anything bad about them. Also, the helpful people on these boards have made it easy for me to find an answer to a question without having to post. Just my 2 cents. Thank you, Brian Wink    

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Thank you all for replying positively and constructively!

And Bruce, obviously the dirty vs. clean cockpit is an opinion that anyone can hold and I respect yours.

I have spent much time in cockpits of real 777s and I, personally, feel that the CS version LOOKS more like the real thing. That can change after the other developer releases their model, but since they find it necessary to say that a product which is not even released is better than the CS aircraft, I find it enjoyable to shoot them down!  Grin

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with patience and maturity on the forum!

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:49am
Print Post  
packers101 wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:42pm:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with patience and maturity on the forum!

With this last phrase you are implying that people giving their opinion about this aircraft that includes critism , like I did too, do not have patience and are far from mature.

What many of us where saying was that we hope that this aircraft can be finished completely in a reasonable time so it will live up to the advertised claims.
We also offered our help as beta testers to help.

IP Logged

packers101

Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Libretto wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:49am:
With this last phrase you are implying that people giving their opinion about this aircraft that includes critism , like I did too, do not have patience and are far from mature.

What many of us where saying was that we hope that this aircraft can be finished completely in a reasonable time so it will live up to the advertised claims.
We also offered our help as beta testers to help.

This was not directed at you and if you assumed it was I apologize for my lack of proper words. By this I meant to say I am glad that some people are still being reasonable on the forum and not saying things like "this product is terrible... I'm going to P..G"

That is what I meant by a lack of patience and maturity. I'm fine with people that have issues with the aircraft as long as they report them like CS asks.

So if you found my remarks personal, I apologize.

Patrick&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top