Where is probe heat  on/off switch on Overhead panel?  Cheesy

IP Logged

olli4740

Re: Probe Heat switch
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:43am
Print Post  
asanal wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 1:30am:

In the real 777 there is no probe heat switch. Probe heat is automatically applied when the first engine is started.

So CS would have to simulate this in their 777, too. Apparently, as judged by your post, they haven't.

It's the same for the fuel mixture: There is no fuel mixture lever on a jet aircraft. Still MSFS wants the fuel mixture to be set to '(full) rich' to start your jet engine. Unfortunately, CS hasn't coded this command either ...

Regards, Oliver&&&&"Center, I have that little f... FOKKER in sight!"

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# XXXX added to the Knowledge Base.
Please check-in to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 9009

IP Logged

olli4740

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
olli4740 wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:43am:
asanal wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 1:30am:

In the real 777 there is no probe heat switch. Probe heat is automatically applied when the first engine is started.

So CS would have to simulate this in their 777, too. Apparently, as judged by your post, they haven't.

It's the same for the fuel mixture: There is no fuel mixture lever on a jet aircraft. Still MSFS wants the fuel mixture to be set to '(full) rich' to start your jet engine. Unfortunately, CS hasn't coded this command either ...

Good move, Tanya ...

From the CS knowledge base:

"Q: There are no probe heat switch and fuel mixture lever on '777 Captain' but they are required due to MSFS limitations.

A: The issue is on the list for the next upgrade, and is forwarded to our development team. We will do our best to address the issue in the next upgrade.

Regards, Oliver&&&&"Center, I have that little f... FOKKER in sight!"

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
I thought so too. Every time when I go through clouds. Airspeed probe frozen. Manually I continue to climb. Even throttle open full and N1 shows full power. 777 receives stall warning and plane plunges from 320FT to ocean .It looks like coding logic connected to airspeed indication rather the power setting in this scenario.(?) Undecided

IP Logged

geolpilot

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
asanal wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:43pm:
I thought so too. Every time when I go through clouds. Airspeed probe frozen. Manually I continue to climb. Even throttle open full and N1 shows full power. 777 receives stall warning and plane plunges from 320FT to ocean .It looks like coding logic connected to airspeed indication rather the power setting in this scenario.(?) Undecided

Happened to me too; plunged into the Serengeti, Tanzania. Now I routinely press SHIFT+H on entering the runway, and all anti-ice switches to ON anytime SAT temp (FMC PROG page 2) <10C and heading into clouds. Solves the problem for me. Till its hardcoded as CS plan to do by the looks of things.

IP Logged

mollau

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
asanal wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:43pm:

Other developers have coded pitot heat automatically turned on, if it's not pilot-controlled in their particular A/C.

This, unfortunately, is yet to come for the 777 Captain, but still:

A stall depends on the angle of attack, not on airspeed. So it shouldn't matter for any A/C, what airspeed is indicated (IAS). This is the way (AoA-, not IAS-dependend) a stall should be implemented in the 777 Captain, as well ...

Best,&&Markus&&&&"Is this thread for real or is it all an Ilyushin?"&&(BlueDiamond, 6th Mar 2008)&&

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
If we are speaking about RW airplane you are totally right. But in my scenario  it is not happening due to  Angle of attack,problem remains with logic map planning to build coding. If you are maintaining level flight and lost of your probe heat, continue to your flight with high power settings. If  stall coding mapped only to airspeed,( That is my opinion, CS can verify the real source of problem) even you push full power, 777 will stall, because stall only connected to airspeed. Frozen probe will not show any airspeed , there fore 777 falls from sky with engines screaming with full power Undecided

IP Logged

mollau

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
asanal wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:14pm:
If we are speaking about RW airplane you are totally right. But in my scenario  it is not happening due to  Angle of attack,problem remains with logic map planning to build coding. If you are maintaining level flight and lost of your probe heat, continue to your flight with high power settings. If  stall coding mapped only to airspeed,( That is my opinion, CS can verify the real source of problem) even you push full power, 777 will stall, because stall only connected to airspeed. Frozen probe will not show any airspeed , there fore 777 falls from sky with engines screaming with full power Undecided

I agree with you. It SHOULD be implemented in a different (correct) way but, as your scenario indicates, CS may have implemented it the wrong way.

Or let me put it this way: Even in the sim your 777 Captain should NOT have fallen from the sky, if coded in the right way ...

Best,&&Markus&&&&"Is this thread for real or is it all an Ilyushin?"&&(BlueDiamond, 6th Mar 2008)&&

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Do you remember how AirFrance  pilots crashed ocean when they lost all probes  Sad

IP Logged

mollau

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
asanal wrote on Feb 8th, 2013 at 7:35pm:
Do you remember how AirFrance  pilots crashed ocean when they lost all probes  Sad

They will move us to another topic for this ...

Yes, I remember the coverage: The chain of events were started by iced pitot tubes.

Interesting side remark by an accident investigator: Such a chain of events would be more unlikely in a Boeing-type A/C.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top