Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
737 Base pac (Read 5870 times)
HH722

737 Base pac
Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:18am
Print Post  
I have installed 737-200 Base pac into FSX.  I don’t get the aircraft in full picture and livery. When in free flight window, and select 737-200 Base  the rotating plan comes up transparent,  only the nose and seats and the two pilot is shown in black. When an airport is selected, the rotating plan comes up in full but all black. When standing on the tarmac the plan is black with no landing gear. Tamac grafic is normal. The cockpit is very dark can just see the outline of instrument.  I can control the plane on the ground but not in the air, only rudder is working. What am I suppose to be able to do with the base pac. Is something missing?
I have run the demo and here the plane comes up in full color and I have full control. I hope somebody can help me.

I have tried to get help from captain Sim, no luck from him.

Sq722  

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: 737 Base pac
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Try turning the display sliders down a bit. I have this happen when my Graphics Card can no longer handle the load. Or when it's night time in FSX, for some other unknown reason. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

HH722

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply to my problem. I still haven’t  737-200 base pack running.
I run a repair on FSX , but  I can install the Acceleration expansion Pack disk the setup.exe will not start. I am sure that it was installed first time one year ago. I downloaded SP2 and  tried to installed, but it tells me that I most have SP1 installed. I can find any reference to Acceleration expansion Pack in the file director . How can I see if it installed? When I load the disk, the setup window appear in a split second.
Regards Hardy

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 10:06am
Print Post  
I often do a repair of FSX and Acceleration. I put the FSX Disc 1 in the drive and select repair when given the option. After that is finished, I put the Acceleration disc in and select repair when given the option. This usually (1) fixes FSX (to RTM), then (2) Acceleration runs SP1 and repair FSX to SP1, and then repairs itself.

If you want, you can get SP1 for FSX from here: http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulato...
and SP2 for FSX from here: http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulato...

Hope this helps

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:33am
Print Post  
HH772. If you do the repair and reinstall of SP1 and SP2 make sure that you first boot up FSX, let it load, then exit and do a complete PC restart. Then so SP1, start up FSX, let it load, then exit then do a complete PC restart and then the same again for SP2. It seems to be the case that this fixes the file changes properly. Then load or install your Captain Sim models and see what happens.

I have started another thread re FSX and fixes in General Discussion. I am about to update this in detail (in a day or two) for those interested.

In short after a complete fresh install of FSX I have no uiautomation.dll files running. I only let trusted software like Capt Sim do a an installation to FSX and all others I install to an FSX TEMP directory outside of FSX to see what is being installed. Then I install these aircraft manually.

I have made miminal changes to the FSX cfg and only made two minor tweaks.

I no longer run FSUIPC.

I no longer use addin or addon scripted programs to put stuff into FSX

I now have all addon scenery placed into a special Scenery folder outside of FSX and use the FSX scenery library tools to find them. I now layer the scenery  properly (more to come on this). I do this manually and via a quite specific order after weeks and weeks of research on the scenery design forums and some real gurus on the subject of getting FSX to run properly. It is more complex than we think.

Oh and I have a variety of setting configs saved in FSX to change the settings of the graphics etc via FSX dependent on the scenery I am using and where I am flying and what I am flying.

In short you may wish to consider a fresh install of FSX then put the Captain Sim models in then consider other addons and changes dependent on  how you rig runs in stock standard MS form. FSX actually does a reasonable job of managing all this despite what the naysayers tell you and is actually quite powerful once you get used to its quirks and way of doing things.

Anyway only a suggestion. Look for the simplest solution first. Follow the KISS principle (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID).

IP Logged

HH722

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Hi coastalDriver
Thanks for your advice and Markoz's. I did a complete reinstallation and it is working. I  have problem with ILS
landing, the plan is landing beside the runway. I Grin haven't find the rigth setting, any advice.

regards Hardy

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
These old aircraft require some TLC to correctly capture localisers and glideslopes.I think we get too used to flying FMC equipped aircraft and have to relearn radio navigation.I 've found it helps to use the drop down map to see where I am,to get back into the gentler handling required for approaches.My biggest challenge is watching those throttles to control the airspeed.Its easy to overshoot the capture or stall out.This aircraft needs constant hands on,i.e. real piloting,and thats part of the fun. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ron

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
HH722 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 at 6:51am:
Hi coastalDriver
Thanks for your advice and Markoz's. I did a complete reinstallation and it is working. I  have problem with ILS
landing, the plan is landing beside the runway. I Grin haven't find the rigth setting, any advice.

regards Hardy

rservice is right on the money, I would add one thing though. Try to keep your Localizer intercept 30 degrees or less(Straight in) for ILS approach procedures.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top