Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Next classic aircraft speculation thread (Read 6969 times)
Avantime

Next classic aircraft speculation thread
Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
With the 777 now very close to the finish line, perhaps it's time for us to start speculating which aircraft Captainsim will do next. While I might be wrong I think it's going to be another classic given Captainsim's relative technical strengths in designing "steam gauge" cockpits.

IMHO I think the 2 best candidates for Captainsim are:

747 Classic  Cheesy
L-1011 (Don't forget Direct Lift Control  Cool )
DC-10

Less likely possibilities:

DC-8
Fokker 27 (Turboprop) or 28 (Jet)
Convair 880/990
Embraer Brasilia/Bandeirante
Beech 1900? - steam cockpit and no autopilot for most production aircraft

However if Captainsim really want to be adventurous:

Illyushin IL-62M
Illyushin IL-86
BAC 1-11
HS Trident
Vickers VC-10

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Re: Next classic aircraft speculation thread
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
I agree, proper 747 classic is truly what FS community needs now, or as a secondary DC-10, Tristar or DC-8.

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
It would make my day if they either made the VC10 or Classic 747. The VC10 has less than a year before it leaves our skies, perhaps one of the most elegant commercial jets ever built. I would also enjoy the trident, with its early autoland capability. It was head and shoulders above other commercial jets of its time. Just its thrust was weak. More Brit jets need to be made, they are not given the most they deserve. Besides, another company is updating their 747-200/300
Pete

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Yeah CLS is updating theirs but honestly it seems to be just minor update and it will still lack systems and proper flight dynamics, currently you can fly over 20 hours with full tanks of their bird as fuel burn is completely messed up, I don't really count it as a proper simulation.

Inappropriate message has been removed by moderator.

IP Logged

Panny

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Yeah, that website is good, but compared to CS quality...

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Christopher Low

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Also this place has both trident and VC10, they are for FS9 but work with FSX too. I think at least trident has also working and pretty good looking virtual cockpit.

With all due respect, the VCs that are available for the DM jets are nowhere near good enough for me. I want the best of everything (3D model/textures/sounds/flight dynamics/VC quality), so only brand new versions will do. It's also the reason why I can't use Rick Piper's excellent HS748, and that is a real shame....

My vote will always be for a VC10, because it is easily the best looking airliner that has ever graced Earth's skies. The roar of those Rolls Royce Conways is, of course, a significant bonus!

IP Logged

bond

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Personally I am tired of seeing so many Boeing's being developed by Captain Sims for the past few years, isn't it time for a change ! .

looking at this from a sales point of view, if you take the B-747 for example, yes it is a classic aircraft, but it has already been greatly developed for FSX by another well known developer, so how many copies would CS sale of this particular model? How many customers (many probably have already purchased the 747 from the other developer) would purchase this model? few hundred maybe? would that be enough to cover the costs of developing this model, and still make a profit?, hum.  OR, would it make more sense to develop an aircraft that has not been well done before for FSX and sell thousands of copies and thus more profits.  Examples, how about the famous P-51 Mustang? a favorite among many, or Russian aircraft like the  IL-76md? yak-40?(similar to the B727). There are hundreds of aircraft that have not been done yet.

We could all just sit here and write what model we wish for, but what will that solve? Many of us will pick different aircraft's that we would like to see CS develop. Here's just a thought,providing CS is willing of course, Perhaps CS should make a short list of potential aircraft and then have a pole to see what aircraft from the list most of their customers would prefer they develop next, the winning aircraft then gets developed, CS makes more sales and satisfies most of their customers. It's a win-win situation.  What do you think about this?

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
I think that the Russian aircraft are left out as they aren't really that popular with many people. I know they started off doing them but I can't really see them going back to it. I think they should stick with the airliners and they do a good job with them. Especially the classics. That's why I would agree with the L1011, DC10 and 747 Classic. I think that there is a need for the L1011 and if you can find a decent one then whoops.  Wink

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

Panny

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
The P-51 has been done for fsx about 3 times now, more recently A2A.
Make a Brit jet! VC10
Pete

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
bond wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:24pm:
Personally I am tired of seeing so many Boeing's being developed by Captain Sims for the past few years, isn't it time for a change ! .

looking at this from a sales point of view, if you take the B-747 for example, yes it is a classic aircraft, but it has already been greatly developed for FSX by another well known developer, so how many copies would CS sale of this particular model? How many customers (many probably have already purchased the 747 from the other developer) would purchase this model? few hundred maybe? would that be enough to cover the costs of developing this model, and still make a profit?, hum.  OR, would it make more sense to develop an aircraft that has not been well done before for FSX and sell thousands of copies and thus more profits.  Examples, how about the famous P-51 Mustang? a favorite among many, or Russian aircraft like the  IL-76md? yak-40?(similar to the B727). There are hundreds of aircraft that have not been done yet.

We could all just sit here and write what model we wish for, but what will that solve? Many of us will pick different aircraft's that we would like to see CS develop. Here's just a thought,providing CS is willing of course, Perhaps CS should make a short list of potential aircraft and then have a pole to see what aircraft from the list most of their customers would prefer they develop next, the winning aircraft then gets developed, CS makes more sales and satisfies most of their customers. It's a win-win situation.  What do you think about this?

I would agree with most aircraft, however I think 747 classic is not any aircraft. Together with Boeing 707 it's most important jetliner ever made and thus there should be proper one for FSX. Currently only proper 747 is 400 and -800, only 747 classic out there isn't much better than freeware birds, actually some ways it's worse. I am sure that loads of people would buy proper classic 747, CLS one is really just a toy with no system or flight dynamics depth.

Also remember that many many years before CS 767 was released another developer released theirs, and it's still today used by many people including me although it's graphically oudated but in terms of FD and systems top notch.

Yet still CS has surely sold loads of 767's and has made a lot of money with it.

And yes this said I would also definitely enjoy some Russian bird, but that would have to come with GOOD manuals. I tried Project Tupolev freeware TU-154 and didn't get anywhere after starting engines, for people who don't know Russian proper manuals is must have as these birds are extremely complicated.

By the way YAK40 isn't really near 727, it's really small STOL jet that can hold like 30 passengers. Yak 42 is a bit more near it but still not quite same.

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
I want a Sukhoi RJ100 or Il96 Wink. You know something Russian for a change. Not like Project TU for example. I'm sick of crashing and blowing up them engines. sucjh as CS has the C130, why not a nice AN12.

&&

IP Logged

bond

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
The point I am trying to make is there should be variety, for such a long time now CS has been manly focused on Boeing's, 707,737,757,767,777,... when is enough, enough?!  Why not take a break from the Boeing family and produce something different. Most FSX simmer's like to fly different aircraft from time to time (different manufactures of aircraft) not just the Boeings.

I'm going to go on a rant here...

Like I said before, we all have certain aircraft(s) that we prefer and like to see get developed, but we just can't think of our personal choice of aircraft that we want to see get developed, we should think about what the FSX sim's community as a whole would like to see get done and come to a general consensuses, this is why I made the suggestion that perhaps CS could make a small list of potential aircraft they feel they might be interested in developing in the near future and post it on the CS website where all simmer's can vote on their choice  of aircraft from the list ( list provided by CS ) maximum one vote per person,per IP or something like that. What you say about this CS?

However, If CS agrees to this then we the Sim community should help CS and show our support to them. A great way to do this is to pre-order! YES, I said pre-order, if CS is willing to involve us in choosing their next aircraft for development then we must also stretch-out our hands to them, as you all know it takes time and MONEY to develop an high quality aircraft.

Sounds crazy? well it's not, you can just sit there and make post's asking CS to make your favorite aircraft, and whine about it, or you can get involved !  Show your support to CS and we can all be a small part of the team that decides the next aircraft to be done, doesn't that sound cool.   

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:56am
Print Post  
This pre-order phrase has caused very severe risk in Flight Sim payware and not to mention friction.  I think the current model CS has in place works better. The 737 and 777 releases and stages are more then other's have done for there customers. CS and there Team have done a excellent job in that area. Pre pay carries too much risk and headaches.

&&

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Once again, this isn't the place to rant about how CS should do it's buisness. It's nice to have wishlists, but this isn't just a wishlist forum.

If one company makes Boeings (CS I suppose) then someone else can do Airbus, and Y does MDs, for example.  CS doesn't always want to be competing with the other companies, I would think?

Anyways, I would really like to see some updates come out for the orignal CS planes, before another new aircraft comes out and that is likely what will happen.  Wink

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:07am
Print Post  
How about some more variations of the venerable 707 instead of a completely new aeroplane?

What I would like to see is some new and additional expansion add ons from CS to give us the 707-138 (ala early Qantas version) and the 720 and the RR Conway version as operated by BOAC, now those all would be cool.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top