Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
What Happened? (Read 2402 times)
Aerodil

What Happened?
Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Good Day Everyone,

I just purchased my copy of the Weapon yesterday. Right after installation I loaded it on my Lotus L-39 and went out for a spin... only to find that it wasn't working. No HUD, no gauges, panels, sounds, nothing. No evidence whatsoever to suggest that it was installed. So I gave it a go with the default F/A-18, you know the Acceleration one? which is claimed to have been installed from the get go? Yeah, same thing. So I go start digging around the customer support, reading the knowledge base, googling it and couldn't find anything that might explain why a brand new software that I literally bought 10 minutes ago would not work properly. So I create a ticket, explain that "I installed it, loaded the aircraft panels, started the sim... aaand nothing. Help me with that." The next day I got an email saying the ticket has been reviewed, but cancelled! So my question is; would someone please be so kind to explain why the heck has this been done?!

Kindest regards,
Aerodil

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: What Happened?
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Hi Aerodil.

1. Make sure you install Weapon for FSX using "Run as administrator" (Vista/Win7).
2. Use "Run as administrator" (Vista/Win7) on the weapon "Loader" as well.
3. If FSX is installed in the default location of C:\ program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) (Vista/Win7), you need to use "Run as administrator"  on fsx.exe as well.
If that doesn't work:

When you add weapon to 3rd Party addons, it can cause problems with either the planes instruments not showing/not working for a number of reasons when it "copies, pastes and then modifies" the panel.cfg. If that is the case, it is difficult to explain, or even know, exactly what is wrong. If you email me (click the Email button at the bottom of this reply) with a copy of the panel.cfg's from the panel.csweapon and panel folders of the aircraft you have added it to, and I'll see if I can either fix it, or see why it isn't working.

Further reading through this Forum, you will see some of the problems that can occur and the solutions to most of them. Wink

Hope this helps.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Aerodil

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Hello Mark,

Thanks for taking your time to reply me, I appreciate it very much indeed.

Now I've tried running everything as "administrator", there were two complications; 1- FSX started like a fresh install (which is very, very undesirable) 2- It still didn't work Smiley

So predictably what I'll do now is send you those files, hopefully you'll be able to see something that I don't.

Cheers

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Aerodil wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:38am:
So predictably what I'll do now is send you those files, hopefully you'll be able to see something that I don't.
No worries. I'll keep my eye out for them. Wink

Edited:
I have replied to you email. I hope it helps.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top