Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Guys!!! I flew REAL aircraft by my own hands!!! (Read 18538 times)
windplayer

Re: Guys!!! I flew REAL aircraft by my own hands!!!
Reply #30 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Smiley It never snows in ORBX AU - thats what i noticed!
We still got lots of  snow! Unusual, but not unexpected. Last several days temp was below 0C daytime. Like -7C or in that numbers Smiley
Today a bit warmer, and snow melts , but veeeeery slow Smiley

So basicaly we got January, February, Marbruary, Aprilbruary, Maybruary, etc  Grin

In 2001 Snow fell on May  Shocked - that was really unusual.
Usually we got green trees between may 1, and may 9.

But looks like that holidays was last in winter flying season. If temp will stay below zero, then it will be possible to use snow runway next holidays. Otherwise all flying will be stopped till snow gone completely, and weather stabilize. So next flight season opens in May or close to. We use skis at winter so snow runway condition critical for us.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #31 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
In ORBX AU, you will only see snow on the Australian Alps. Fly from Melbourne to Canberra (or vice-versa) during the Winter (June - August) and you will see it.

Image from Wikipedia.

I was up on the Bogong High Plains one January (back in '77 or '78), and there was still snow on top of Mount Bogong. I went tobogganing on it (it was no good for skiing).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #32 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 3:55am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 6:02pm:
Cappy wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 6:37am:
Never gets below 25°C here in winter

Your loss!  Tongue
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4931/funnypicdump4.jpg

Just stay away from my sheeps, they're getting a suntan.

I warned them about you windy...  Cheesy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PS. The insulation tape on the right hand gate is there so you don't burn yourself on the steel that has warmed itself up in the sun.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #33 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 11:21pm:
Cappy wrote on Mar 24th, 2013 at 6:37am:
windy, all that snow!  Shocked

Never gets below 25°C here in winter.

In summer, mostly 45°+ in the shade.

Unlike Cappy, who must live closer to, or in, the tropics, it does occasionally drop below 0 degrees C in winter where I live. We get snow about once every 3 years. Most Aussies say that where I live, is the coldest place in Australia. Shocked

Ballarat Mark?
That's the coldest place in the world ! (*Shivers at the thought)  Smiley

I'm in the Nthn wheatbelt in WA Mark, roughly 300km N/E of Perth.
If you take Perth's temps and add +10°C that's what we get.
It rained yesterday, nearly 2 inches, first rains since Nov last year.  Shocked

Cold weather is a problem in Australia, because we don't get much of it ice becomes very problematic. I lost a very good friend when his Jetrangers intake iced up and consequently flamed out his engine.
All 3 onboard were lost.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #34 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Cappy wrote on Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:18am:
All 3 onboard were lost.

Sorry to hear that, Cappy.  Undecided

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #35 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ballarat Mark?
That's the coldest place in the world ! (*Shivers at the thought)  Smiley
Yep. That's what they say. Grin

Quote:
I'm in the Nthn wheatbelt in WA Mark, roughly 300km N/E of Perth.
If you take Perth's temps and add +10°C that's what we get.
It rained yesterday, nearly 2 inches, first rains since Nov last year.  Shocked
I went to Geraldton in March 1983 and the first four days I was there, it was over 40 degrees C. The hottest day was 46, the lowest was 42. Luckily I had my wetsuit and spear gun with me. I spent as much time as possible in the water spearfishing and trying to cool down. Cheesy

Quote:
Cold weather is a problem in Australia, because we don't get much of it ice becomes very problematic. I lost a very good friend when his Jetrangers intake iced up and consequently flamed out his engine.
All 3 onboard were lost.
Very sorry to hear that.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #36 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:12pm:
I went to Geraldton in March 1983 and the first four days I was there, it was over 40 degrees C. The hottest day was 46, the lowest was 42. Luckily I had my wetsuit and spear gun with me. I spent as much time as possible in the water spearfishing and trying to cool down. Cheesy

I'm about 150km east of Dongara (Just below Geraldton.)
40°C+ and the winds Geraldton is famous for doesn't make for comfortable living.
The hottest day I've ever been in was 52°C in the shade.
For shits and giggles I took a thermometer outside to see how hot it really was and the thing exploded in my hands!
It's max was 70°, so it was well over that.  Shocked
It was amazing how quiet things were, any living thing was simply trying to survive, no birds singing, no animals moving, nothing. Quiet eerie.

My house has 6 aircons.  Wink

I hope you had a good days fishing.  Smiley

*I remember being in Broome around that time in 83 and there was a massive Army exercise up the west coast and into NT. Where you there for that?
I was in the pub and the SAS stormed in with guns out looking for the enemy. Good times.  Cool

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #37 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Cappy wrote on Mar 28th, 2013 at 4:04am:
*I remember being in Broome around that time in 83 and there was a massive Army exercise up the west coast and into NT. Where you there for that?
I was in the pub and the SAS stormed in with guns out looking for the enemy. Good times.  Cool

Sorry. I have the dates wrong. It was March 1984! I was discharged from the Army on the 3rd of March 1983 - exactly 1 year and 1 week after my near fatal motorbike accident. I was still recovering at that time, so it had to be March the following year. Sorry about that. Sad

I did spearfishing every day when I was in Geraldton, Bunbury (I encountered my first shark here) and Albany, with very good results. I did try spearfishing in Perth, but it was fruitless, and I wasn't in Esperance long enough to do any spearfishing (about 1 1/2 to 2 days). Besides, when I was in Esperance, I was desperately wanting to see the remains of Skylab while there, so that took precedence!

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #38 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Skylab...

I sat on my roof and watched it come in.
Great fireworks show!

I remember all the shopping centre tours they did, showing off molten alloys. Not much left.

At the time it wasn't so wonderful, NASA couldn't guarantee it wasn't going to fall on Perth.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #39 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Shocked Guys! You living in microwave oven or what?!!!

See, where i live we too using duct tape over metallic gates, so when you open it at winter, - you dont stick to it! I guess you dont know what happens if you touch say aluminum at -20C by unprotected skin.

Kids always licking things, including metallic things like sleigh etc.
They stick to it with they tongue - and you need warm water to unstick it, or youll lose skin in that place! Every kid in our place learned that lesson ))

We have dry air also - so -30C in dry air - no problem! same for hot air, if it dry - its easier Smiley

Btw. still lots of snow here. Most of us unhappy with it Smiley

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #40 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Yeah, "It's a dry heat."

That's what you tell your Turkey when you slide him in the oven!  Shocked

Grin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #41 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Grin
BTW guys! Im having beer right now.
It was working day in the band, so im relaxing.

Soon all be much more drunk than captains BillyBob and T-Bone together. (see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiGF1xYNfM )

and i thinking should i fly today or should i fly tomorrow Smiley

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #42 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
new story suddently happened to me.

Yesterday i browsed social network and saw photos of very cute girl in the NG4 plane here, in our club. I thougth - WTF, my last flight was mar 23, i can afford some flying! (i invested quite a lot money in soundproofing my room, so i didnt planned to fly for a year or so), but i thougth - WTF, next summer i'll be one year older, LIVE NOW!

So i called club, and they had 30 minutes available. So i booked my flight, arrived, and guys asked - "what will you do? fly touch'n'gos or just hangin in the air?" I didnt studied to fly, what you see in my video - its just a bunch of sharp turns, everybody can do it!
If guys didnt asked me - i could just hang in the area and so on, but they used word "touch and go" in the question.

- WHAT??!! I CAN FLY TOUCH AND GO???!!!!
- Sure! Why just noodling, you know how to turn, - go fly circles on the grass runway! (we have wide grass runway for An-2 and narrow asphalt runway for light planes)

There is one thing about me and airplane,- Im not affraid of flying until im outside the plane on the ground. But when i climbed into the seat, just the idea that i need to fly this metal horrifies me, scares me, and do all creepy thing to me  Shocked

Instructor asked - if can i takeoff myself
- Nooooooooooo!!!
- Ok, rotate at 95 to 100 km\h, and keep it climbing. (like he didnt saw my huge eyes in that moment)
- Ok, he set takeoff power so no way back, and we off the ground.

He showed me how to perform first circle, i took controls, did 3 turns and turned to final. A bit of the crosswind from the right, some jerking of the stick and i did my first low pass over, well....almost over centerline. Climbed, and no jokes guys, i did my first touch n go!!!

My first touch was....well.....if was first Roll Eyes Wings remaind on the airplane, so the gear, we shoot some more circles, and instructor said - ok, now we'll do full stop landing on the narrow asphalt runway.
- Crap, i thought, i'll return the controls to instructor on final.
I was surprised that i didnt. I did the landing, and through all landings, instructor helped me with the flare.

Not bad for the first time i think. I didnt expect that i could have the chance to really fly Roll Eyes
Now, latter that day rain started, so i dont know about tommorrow, but if weather will be fine - i'll put my hands on the controls again! Now i gotta learn how to do a normal, safe for everybody landing  Cheesy

Funny thing: Because of CaptainSim 727, i started to fly in simulator. Because of CS 727, i started to buy add ons, not stealing it via torrents. Over two and a half years i invested quite a lot money in planes, scenerys, and all that stuff. I started to buy software and music in general, not only FSX add-ons. No way all that real-world flying could happen without it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #43 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 2:04am
Print Post  
That's awesome windplayer! You are such a lucky guy.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #44 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Good on you Windy!!!

Flying is much more fun than a quiet bedroom.

Been a long time since I was ab initio but it's only another 30 or so hours and you can wear your wings!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top