Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Guys!!! I flew REAL aircraft by my own hands!!! (Read 18534 times)
windplayer

Guys!!! I flew REAL aircraft by my own hands!!!
Sep 23rd, 2012 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Yeeeaaaahhhhh!! Cool

Its that kinda time here, when trees are bright red and yellow, and its clear day. Last greetings from summer in our climate.

So i set myself to ride Sting TL-2000 at local aeroclub! they do offer this experience. pilot asked what am i doing for living, i said - im sax playa in local band, but i have hobby simming.
He said - take controls then. next 15 minutes i was like this -  Shocked
My butt felt all the motion!
He said lets turn toward Chekerill (local artificial mountain for skiing). i banked plane to 10 degrees and some time later said - its darn scary to bank it more!!!
He said - nahhhh, let me show you. that turn at 60 degrees of bank made me much more than that  Shocked
he also made rapid descend with high bank angle before landing. we went down from 2500 ft to 500 ft or so in couple of seconds. i havent noticed sink rate, coz THAT WAS darn SCARY, and i was in the "heart of oh sh*t situation" as Lou called it once Smiley
after he leveled for downwind leg i said: That was AWESOME!!!, its cool that i made pee just before flight  Grin

Next week im gonna ask him to fly me through the most scariest maneuvers possible! I'll take a pair of spare pants just in case ))

Hour later i jumped with chute from 3000 ft for the second time. thats not scary, - its cool, but not scary! lots of f-words were said during descend. Especially because my balls jammed by chute, and darn helmet just....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargghh, - darn helmet, you know Smiley

And its very beautiful up there, so clear, as if it's a different world...
i'll get my video with jump next week i guess Wink

BTW, who thinks that FSX world looks dull without people - i couldnt see em from 1000 ft...cars - yes, you gotta look hard to track people. FTX scenery and REX looks pretty close to real. You just dont feel it in FSX...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Guys!!! I flew REAL aircraft by my own hands!!!
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:10am
Print Post  
AWESOME!!! You sure are one very lucky man! Smiley

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Good for you windplayer, that first flight in a real aeroplane where you actually get to do something is a real remember when. The next one is when you go all the way and then one day go solo on your own. Remember that like it was yesterday.

Yep and your right FSX terrain is pretty well like the real thing, the only thing that is missing is a little clarity of all those little things but above 5000 ft you don't see it anymore.  Cool

IP Logged

btscott

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Hey, good on you, Windy!!! What fun!! Not sure about the sky diving though!! Look forward to the video!

IP Logged

m_Black

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Congratulations! It sure is an experience. I'm flying an SR-20 two hours a day four days a week for school currently, it certainly is living the dream.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
I WANT YOUR JOB AS SECOND JOB Smiley
Guess what, my body still remember G forces, so i kinda feel it in sim now! Not like in real, but as a far echo of that feelings...
I'll fly again that hollidays, or next week Smiley No way you can be healed from that.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Guys! I logged 50 more minutes to my flight time! 40 mins of my piloting. No longer afraid to make turns at 45+ bank angle Smiley
We flew to village with woman convent. When we were about 1 mile from it, i felt something called "violent windshear". Crap, that was scary.
I think it happened because i used a lot of f-words, and so on Smiley I said it to pilot, he laughed and said - "well, maybe...or maybe its just a small wind"  Grin
We flew over some high ranked politics villas Smiley And i saw sheeps. they look like small dots from 1500 ft.

Guys, how you fight with negative G-forces? Its scariest thing out there. It scares almost to panic  Shocked Like- OMG, what i have done! we falling?  Grin

Now i got 1:10 mins of flight time with 55 mins of my piloting! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:16am
Print Post  
The events caused your smiley count to significantly increase. Guess that flying makes you happy.  Smiley

Quote:
We flew over some high ranked politics villas. And i saw sheeps.

Now that's a strange combo. You weren't flying in NZ, were you?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:16am:
The events caused your smiley count to significantly increase. Guess that flying makes you happy.  Smiley

Quote:
We flew over some high ranked politics villas. And i saw sheeps.

Now that's a strange combo. You weren't flying in NZ, were you?  Cheesy

Maybe the politicians were the sheep!  Shocked Grin Roll Eyes

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Grin I wonder how politicians see us?  Shocked

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 3:50pm:
Grin I wonder how politicians see us?  Shocked

Well, we know how the FAA sees us...

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

skydiver1

http://

Reply #11 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
I agree with MarkOz,  your a very lucky guy!  I'm green with envy!!!  Cheesy

&&

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Smiley since Izhevsk is former top secret closed city, you cant fly over it without filing tons of paper. But you dont need any papers to overfly local state governor's son villa. But, anyway, KGB still watching us  Grin

Those sheeps,..i mean real ones, in the fields, - they look funny. Fields looks like a carpet, and sheeps just a small dots that like holes in that carpet Smiley

This time i flew ROKOAERO NG4. Guess what (about FAA), that plane is capable of spins and some other aerobatics, but local laws prohibits it. No way i can scare myself falling in spin, - too bad, coz that is a fun way to prove that Earth is rotating  Grin

BTW, our climate much like NZ south! Sheeps looks the same i think  Cheesy Suddenly i started to love bush-flying  Roll Eyes

CoolP, Guys! i bet you have local pilots who can take you to ride  - you gotta try to fly if you didnt tried it yet!!! Thats something you gotta know, it helps simming too  Wink

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Don't scare the sheeps, promise me.  Grin

Good point on the rw flying (in other planes than the big airliners). I have some (passenger and short 'try yourself') time in the Katana and C172 and my impression was that there's sim flying and rw flying, and both don't have much in common at times. Oh, I forgot about the Do 27, which was the best one for me.
For the GA sector, it very much feels like being on rails in the sim while the rw plane gives way more action and of course feedback. Depends a bit on the sim in use, FSX is very (too) stable in my eyes. Or it goes completely nuts over some wind change.  Shocked

So my view changed to really see the sim as the procedural (nav training is cool) or game thing, not as a substitute for the real event in terms of the actual flying. Well, I'm looking for some time in a turboprop since a while. A friend of a friend is a frequent King Air pilot, so maybe that will be the first time I actually sit in such a plane. My smallest commercial one (in the back, as passenger) was an ERJ in Spain, so I'm lacking of experiencing the turboprop segment so far.

As said, being passenger in an airliner doesn't really count. This also shows in your texts I think. The pure GA stuff really is fun, but, unfortunately, expensive too. I know quite some folks not flying anymore due to the costs and reverting back to just simming.

You know what really kicked a..? Being in a glider. That was, together with the winch start, a lot of fun and also very cool due to the way to just ride the winds. And it's less expensive too. If I ever get my girlfriend in such a thing, I will be king.  Cheesy

There are some fine models in the sim but the wings being that looooong and flexing together with the winds is just amazing and very relaxing in the rw. Well, one needs some nice weather for this or you have to cheat like many folks now do, with the gliders plus small engine in the back.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Thats true CoolP! And about gliders - that true in power of two! That should be a kick a*s experience. we dont have it here, but i can extrapolate. Not only you sitting in tiny cabin with a HUGE view, but its like you sitting in a chair, which flies in the sky  Shocked And its very light, so you gonna feel all bumps up there Smiley
I d like to have piper cub Smiley thats a cool plane for fun in terms of money. But its still expensive to get license in Russia. GA here is underdeveloped.

P.S. Sheeps safe! instructod will not allow me to descend below 1000 ft Smiley He likes to do it himself. rapid descends still way over the limits of my spookometer Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top