Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 CS 737 1.0 bug list, feel free to join in (Read 33297 times)
CoolP

CS 737 1.0 bug list, feel free to join in
Sep 4th, 2012 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Hi, folks.  Smiley

As you recall, we already did some research on other great CS planes like the 727, 707 and so on. Now, we are lining up with the 737 and I would love to discuss some items which are there in 1.0 and shouldn't be in 1.1.

So, if you like, help me to validate some items.

The purpose of this list is to show the remaining bugs with a description and a screenshot. Followed by a text of how it should be. To discuss the item and to check whether it is user driven or an across-the-board lack of function in the 1.0 737 is the last step.

After this verification, tickets have to be written to make sure the items can be processed through the Captain Sim Support. Naming things in this thread alone does not help.
Every verified item has to be set up as a ticket via  Your Profile > Customer Support  > Trouble Ticket System.

We are not talking about user made problems here, but general 737 bugs and flaws.

The numbers of items do not reflect any priority.

1) The pressurization. (That's an old friend  Cheesy)

a) the FLT / GRD switch doesn't have any effect and also starts in FLT while being on the ground.

b) You can dial in a cabin altitude, but the system disregards it and aims for 'some' pressure. One should be able to set the cabin altitude in regard to the small chart on the lower part (which I did) and then receive a cabin altitude aiming for a high differential pressure, so that the cabin alt is as low as possible. The Auto Mode should aim for that state by design but, as seen in the screenshot, goes for a 8000ft cabin and a low differential pressure.

Those 8000ft cabin altitude would be reached at FL370, not at FL300 from the example screenshot. The max differential pressure being 7.80/7.90 psi. With this, the cabin would be around some 5100ft at FL300. Note. This is from the Boeing scale, the CS one in the VC shows slightly higher cabin altitudes. Either way, they are well below 8000ft when cruising at FL300.

2) The TEST setting on the AC selector doesn't work.

3) The fuel temp goes down within minutes, even with full tanks. While a failure isn't simulated, it should take way longer for the fuel to reach warning levels.

4) The Flight Director. Well, we know that one from the 727 and 707. In short, I'm sure he points somewhere, I just don't know where. Seriously, the FD should work on NAV and especially APP. It doesn't.  Undecided It shows the HDG only.

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the clock should show UTC, not local. Well, I can't change the setting. So maybe one could add some feature to allow for a switch.

6. KG or LBS, don't mix them. I love the sharp appearance of the gauges, but it doesn't make sense to use LBS on the fuel gauges and KG on the total fuel and Vref indicator. The PDCS works in LBS too.

7. This leads us to the next item, the total fuel and Vref indicator. The one on the plane doesn't work. The needle does not show proper values, especially when the flap selector (2) is moved (the selector itself stays static in the VC, but one can hear the click) Also, there seems to be a mixup taking place when altering the fuel load setting. At certain values, the needle 'jumps' some 20 knots. Details here at item 3. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1335036741

8. I once forgot about the pitot heat switches and my airspeed and things always worked. So my guess is that the switches only work the lights, not the pitot heat system.

9. A difficult item to describe. The rate at which the AP intercepts a commanded heading is very slow. Also, it seems to start the roll-out way too soon and then approaches the commanded heading at a very, very shallow bank angle.

The AP reduces the bank angle some 20° before the commanded heading. At some 10° before the commanded heading, it reduces the bank angle some more and at some 5° away, I'm looking at 3° of bank which takes ages while at cruise speed. The 707 shows a similar behaviour by the way.
20° out.

10° out.

This makes VOR navigation and following a course very difficult. I'd expect some 25° of bank and a later roll-out phase really aiming for the commanded heading, not fearing it, so to speak.

10. The audio panel in the VC and the 2D popup are not in line on e.g. the marker audio. Turning it on in the VC doesn't give you the marker sound, one needs to use the 2D popup to get the audio. Besides, I think the plane deserves more than a default radio popup.

11. Engine behaviour and default thrust settings.
On the engine behaviour, I would expect some slow spool up at low rpm and a faster one at high settings. Even more so on low-bypass engines which do not incorporate a huge fan in the front. On the current CS737, this behaviour is reversed.  Undecided

I know, one has to pull many tricks on the FSX jet engine basis to allow for this and that, but the slow-ish spool up/down really is a source of trouble on the approach where the rw engines would be kept in the state of being able to react faster.

As for the default thrust setting in the aircraft.cfg, I'm thankful for the user mods like the one from Bud. However, maybe it's possible to see those changes in 1.1, leading to a more reasonable performance of the plane, not the current rocket-alike.  Cheesy

If you have more stuff or points on the current list, please help. Some other folks have already set up threads, so I'm thankful for their input too, to make 1.1 even better.  Smiley

On items already being reported, see the next post. in

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: CS 737 1.0 bug list, feel free to join in
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
To give an overview, here's the current list of items being considered as 'to fix' in the next SP. Means that naming them again doesn't make sense, they are already in the CS support system.

Quote:
  • System annunciator panel does not work.
  • PDCS issues
    1) The PDCS modes #4 GS, #5 RNG and #6 FUEL can't be accessed.
    2) The PDCS computed values for CRZ are too low.
    3) The PDCS does not drive the EPR and ASI bugs like stated in the manual2, page 78.
    4) No mode entries possible when pressing the keys.
    5) wrong EPR CRZ values, too low cruise speed for a 737, it may stall at that speed when flying high.
    6) No light (before pressing), no action when ENGAGE is pressed.
    7) Modes should be accessible like the other ones, e.g. LOAD (works) on #1.
    8) Cruise speeds in ECON for a 737 should aim at some 0.75 to 0.79 I guess.The manual mode should allow for manual speed (Mach) entries higher than 0.616, up to the max possible cruise speed of the 737.
    The PDCS should then give the corresponding EPR values.
    9) From the manual2, when pressing ENGAGE, the PDCS should:
    "5. ENGAGE KEY
    PRESS (with a flight mode selected) - • Drives the EPR and/or airspeed bugs to the displayed values
    • The key light extinguishes and the engaged mode is displayed on the flight mode annunciator"
  • Default loaders do not attach to exits.
  • Micro stutters on the gauges needles.
  • Dome lights of the cockpits are misplaced.
  • After landing autobrakes do not disarm.
  • The power wents out after 10-15 minutes of use.
  • I have problems with saved flight loading.
  • The slats on the 737-200ADV should extend futher than the slats on the 737-200.
  • PCDS crashes under certain conditions when entering data in to it.
  • There is no touchdown smoke.
  • The PCDS when set to T/O and after entering the OAT, the Engage button does not set the EPR gauges. Also EPR will not return to Auto when manually setting power using the button on each EPR.
  • Blue valve position lights do not show valve in transit or switch/valve disagree.
  • Master Caution and associated lamps do not light up except in test mode.
  • Autopilot Disconnect Light does not illuminate on autopilot disconnect.

Note. You can view the current status of the list by going to Your Profile > Customer Support > Knowledge Base > 737 Captain 'On the list for the next SP'.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Comparison of the HDG markers.

Captain Sim.

Boeing docs.

Not the placement of the 'E' in regard to the HDG marker (8).

It would help seeing the marker closer to the outside scale. Also, as a suggestion from Mark, a tooltip would help setting the HDG to  precise value. Also note the bigger appearance of the Boeing marker, making it easier to read.

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Re: CS 737 1.0 bug list, feel free to join
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Need hush kits to the combi and a switch for true north bearings. Not many here know enogh about true north grid maps reading, so a switch would be useful if possible and painters please Air Inuit and Air North. Also Canadian North needs to be moved to the Combi, that's there main weapon of choice and also mine. Need the dead weight for those ice strips.

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Hi, CAF440Sq. I think you've misinterpreted the thread. It's about the bugs of the current plane. The wishes are here. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=x737wl

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Just some more pictures showing the 7. total fuel and Vref indicator. The readings don't make sense and are way off some 'real' Vref values. Adding to that, you sometimes get flap30 settings being higher than flaps15 ones.  Huh

Flaps15

Flaps30

Flaps40

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I have a bug or issue with the overhead panel switches, generally the electrical: windshield heat, pitot tube heat and sometimes the electrical generator on/off switches.

When using Shift + A to bring up the panel and I set the switches to ON and then use F9 to go back to the VC all the switches then revert to the OFF position. If I select them again in VC mode they stay ON but not always, sometimes when a quick check before take-off will reveal some have turned themselves OFF again, very annoying.

Same with the fuel heat, turn it ON it goes on, look again and it has gone OFF.

IP Logged

arpom

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:23am
Print Post  
I would like to add something.
It is not a bug but some improvement proposal.
As whole cockpit is VC only, some adjustments and exact values are difficult for reading or making.
For example HDG, pressurization, Engine ratio, speeds and so on.

My proposal is to make improvement, that tool tip cloud will show actual values every time mouse pointer will point specific gauge.
In this way any adjustment can be fast and easy, even gauge is a bit blurry or distant one.

BR/Art

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post  
arpom wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:23am:
My proposal is to make improvement, that tool tip cloud will show actual values every time mouse pointer will point specific gauge.
In this way any adjustment can be fast and easy, even gauge is a bit blurry or distant one.

I'll second that!     +1    Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:27am:
arpom wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:23am:

I'll second that!     +1    Wink

I third the idea. Wink

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
CoastalDriver wrote on Sep 23rd, 2012 at 11:24pm:
I have a bug or issue with the overhead panel switches, generally the electrical: windshield heat, pitot tube heat and sometimes the electrical generator on/off switches.

When using Shift + A to bring up the panel and I set the switches to ON and then use F9 to go back to the VC all the switches then revert to the OFF position.

I never saw that one, but mainly because I don't shift views due to EZCA. Good observation then and I will check this soon to confirm and allow for a ticket.

Edited:
I can't confirm the issue.  Sad I've switched to the overhead view with A and Shift-A, set the switches and went back and forth with F9. All switches remained in place.

Quote:

The fuel heat switches are solenoid held ones and stay ON for one cycle, which should be around one minute. Is it that what you are seeing with them? Do you also get the very, very rapid temp drop on the actual fuel temp?

I've submitted 8 tickets regarding the above list. I will post the replies here.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:50am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 5:39pm:
CoastalDriver wrote on Sep 23rd, 2012 at 11:24pm:

When using Shift + A to bring up the panel and I set the switches to ON and then use F9 to go back to the VC all the switches then revert to the OFF position.

I never saw that one, but mainly because I don't shift views due to EZCA. Good observation then and I will check this soon to confirm and allow for a ticket.

Edited:
I can't confirm the issue.  Sad I've switched to the overhead view with A and Shift-A, set the switches and went back and forth with F9. All switches remained in place.

Same here. I've never had it happen and I can't reproduce it. And I don't use EZCA. Sorry.

CoolP wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 5:39pm:
Quote:

The fuel heat switches are solenoid held ones and stay ON for one cycle, which should be around one minute. Is it that what you are seeing with them? Do you also get the very, very rapid temp drop on the actual fuel temp?
Mine stay ON for about one minute and then turn OFF.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
To give a feedback on the 8 tickets I've sent regarding the above list. I've received 7 answers which all state.
Quote:
A: The issue is on the list for the next upgrade, and is forwarded to our development team. We will do our best to address the issue in the next upgrade.

Smiley So far so good, one ticket seems to be open.

Now one answer was
Quote:
Support Ticket (ID 8653)
Your Ticket has been reviewed but cancelled because the same question has been previously answered.
If you wish to review the answer please: Search KB > C > Search for KB# 3036

which isn't a problem of course. The funny part just is that #3036 in the KB reads this.
Quote:
Q: When looking at the C-130H in Japanese livery, the engine smoke displays in front and below the aircraft.

A: The issue is one the list for the next upgrade, and is forwarded to our development team. We will do our best to address the issue in the next upgrade.

Huh

To sum it up. 8 tickets, 7 answered, one answered like seen above, gives me 6 out of 8 are processed. The open ones are.
7. total fuel and Vref indicator.
9. The rate at which the AP intercepts a commanded heading is very slow.

I saw them a few days back in my account as being open, but now they are gone.  Undecided And I couldn't find anything on the problems with the flight director so far.

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
I sure hope that is a sign CoolP. Would love to have this bird FINISHED. Well here's to hoping........... Lips Sealed

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Me too. The SP list is quite long now and features some vital stuff like the PDCS (CTD problems  Huh) and things. If they get rid of those items, she's as perfect as can be.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 1:50am
Print Post  
I just wanted to add a few things to the list. Please correct me if I am wrong...

F/O VSI/TCAS brightness knob is INOP.

A/P disengaged light is operational with the light test, but it does not come on when I disconnect the A/P.

On the VSI/TCAS, I thought it should display TA/RA in the top left corner when TA/RA is selected?

Autobrakes seem to be stuck on landing (I know there is a fix out there)

The G/S mode seems to not follow the G/S needle on the ADI and HSI. The G/S needle is correct. (That is for most ILS landings I do)

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #16 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
F/O VSI/TCAS brightness knob is INOP.

Good catch. I never tested that one.

Quote:
A/P disengaged light is operational with the light test, but it does not come on when I disconnect the A/P.
From memory, mine works. But I have to test it again. Could be that I'm mixing it up with the 707.

Quote:
On the VSI/TCAS, I thought it should display TA/RA in the top left corner when TA/RA is selected?

I'd have to check the rw docs, but it could well be that only downgraded modes are shown with a text. So a normal TA/RA operation may not trigger any text. I could be wrong though.

Quote:
Autobrakes seem to be stuck on landing (I know there is a fix out there)

I think this one is already on the fix list. I can conform the issue and I've disabled the AB system in the aircraft.cfg.

Quote:
The G/S mode seems to not follow the G/S needle on the ADI and HSI. The G/S needle is correct. (That is for most ILS landings I do)

You mean the flight director display? If so, that's a known bug. I don't know if we've specifically reported the GS problem, but the flight director in general is wonky and reported as such.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 7:48pm
Print Post  

I'm glad I could help,
I was on the F/O side to look at the overhead and noticed my VSI was black, all by chance I guess  Shocked

I am very sure that the A/P light only comes on with the test switch.

The G/S problem was my fault  Tongue.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Did anyone notice the anti collision beacon in the passenger cabin? Looks like an orb floating in the cabin.  Tongue

Every flight I keep an eye out for bugs...Additions:

The DME never seems to read the distance to the rwy when an ILS frequency is tuned on the NAV radio? Good thing most airports have a VOR near by.
A red flag is displayed on the F/O HSI DME indicator (top left) even when you can see the numbers turning behind the red flag, when a VOR is tuned on the NAV radio. Only on the F/O side.

I never get a master caution light. On start up (BAT on), when CTR. fuel pumps low pressure light comes on, etc...

The noise for the F/O clipboard works when you click on it to raise/lower it but there is no sound on the captain side (only sound issue I have noticed, otherwise I love it!  Grin)

IP Logged

N3su

Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Hi all ,
my problem with the firewarning sound ,it Doesn't work for me ?
its my failure or is an bug ?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
First of all, thanks to you guys for reporting. I'm not at my FSX rig since a few days and for some more to come, so I can only confirm stuff from memory. The rest will be tested when I get back. Remember, when things are confirmed, somebody should write a ticket to allow them to go through the CS support system.

The master caution and missing fire warning sounds are covered by Dutch's mod. I think both items already got reported. http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1354131452

IP Logged

N3su

Reply #21 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Hi CoolP ,
thx for reply !
I had this fix before ,but the fire warning sound doesn't shining ,if i switch to test  .

????

Best Regards

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #22 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I think that's by design. You also can't cancel the warnings. Dutch (the author) explained the background in the thread.

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
A/P disengage button on the yoke is INOP.

IP Logged

N3su

Reply #24 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:52pm:
I think that's by design. You also can't cancel the warnings. Dutch (the author) explained the background in the thread.

thx,
Ok i have from the documentation from Dutch that sound doesn't work with.

IP Logged

ftwd

Changes I would like to see.
Reply #25 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 2:37am
Print Post  
A couple of bugs I would love to see fixed are all sound related.

• When turning the APU Generator bus switches on or, Engine generator switches on or, ground power switch on, there should be a very distinctive "clunk" sound.

• The Fasten Seatbelt and No Smoking switches should make a "Bong" sound, not a "Ding Dong" sound.

• The flight attendant call button should make a "Ding Dong" sound not the engineer call button sound.

Just little things that by no means take away from my enjoyment of this aircraft, but would be lovely to see fixed.  Smiley

Cheers, Nathan.

IP Logged

Charater

Reply #26 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Here's a few problems I see.
1) The cockpit of the 737-100 seems a little bit too foward. (I could be wrong about that)
2) The textures of the cargo door latch seems to be on both side (hard to explain) and so does the First officer window latch. (Manual II page 31) " Window unlocking can also be accomplished using an exterior handle: For passenger airplanes, at the First Officer's window only; for cargo airplanes, at both windows." I see them for the -100,-200,-200adv.
3) When the windshield wipers are turned on they seem to be inside the cockpit. Shocked
Edit:I was wrong about the cargo door.

&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top