Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 Took on couple of the European Air Charter paints (Read 29074 times)
Speedbird84

Re: Took on couple of the European Air Charter paints
Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Eric,
I found some info on the net that might help.
Here's some stuff from
http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-72008.html

"Palmair are now using 2 B737-200's from EAL and my 'contacts' tell me that the low cost services are still going ahead but the destinations are obviously changing. Palmair will carry around 140,000 PAX through BOH this year and they have increased capacity for summer 2003 by 20%. This coupled with any low cost service just goes to show what a healthy, small company they are. The future looks very good for them. They weren't voted Britains best airline and the worlds third best in 2001 (Which magazine) for nothing!"

I think it says "Which...something 2003" in referance to the magazine.

Will try to keep looking for more info or a copy of that magazine article.

Another reference
http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/palmair-one-time-world-best-airline-and-th...

Chris

IP Logged

captjames

Reply #31 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
I'm confused by your last post. I was of the understanding that palmair was no more. Thanks to Ryanair. And the only aircraft they had which was leased from Astraeus, went bust.

Are they coming back for 2013?

IP Logged

Speedbird84

Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:19am
Print Post  
No ,I was just trying to help find some info for Eric.

These are old articles that were part of the story that I hoped would  help figure out the wording logo Palmair had under the windows on
G-CEAC

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Palmair-(European-Aircharter/Boeing-737-229-Adv/0...

Hope I didnt get you too excited about a Palmair come back

Chris

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #33 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:36am
Print Post  
An interesting read to say the least. the word in question is either "which" or "what" .

IP Logged

captjames

Reply #34 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Speedbird84 wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:19am:
No ,I was just trying to help find some info for Eric.

These are old articles that were part of the story that I hoped would  help figure out the wording logo Palmair had under the windows on
G-CEAC

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Palmair-(European-Aircharter/Boeing-737-229-Adv/0...

Hope I didnt get you too excited about a Palmair come back

Chris

Luckily I'm used to 'If I Sounds too good to be true, it usually is!' haha!

And I think it's which isn't it? The writing on the fuselage?

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #35 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:27am
Print Post  
captjames wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:16am:
Luckily I'm used to 'If I Sounds too good to be true, it usually is!' haha!

And I think it's which isn't it? The writing on the fuselage?

I think your right james, although its seems weird to me to have a magazine named the "which magazine". Read that in the forum that Speedbird posted and it threw me off a couple of times( i thought they were asking a question as to WHICH magazine was it posted in Grin Embarrassed )

IP Logged

captjames

Reply #36 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:11am
Print Post  
I think Eric that it is Which Magazine.  It's all chaos! Airline of the year with one plane! Haha.

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Well if they could do all that with just one plane, sounds like to me they should have stayed around a little longer!

IP Logged

captjames

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Well they included 20kgs luggage. In flight meals and the extras in the cost of the airfare. Now all those are optional extras. Also when Mr Bath was alive. He saw each flight off personally.

And half the reason they arnt around. Is the aircraft they leased, European and Astraeus went bust :/

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:09am
Print Post  
captjames wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:37am:
Well they included 20kgs luggage. In flight meals and the extras in the cost of the airfare. Now all those are optional extras. Also when Mr Bath was alive. He saw each flight off personally.

And half the reason they arnt around. Is the aircraft they leased, European and Astraeus went bust :/

That right there is Pan Am level service! Boy what i wouldnt give for one flight on a 707 727 or 737 of that era! unfortunately i was born in 1986 (start of the Classics) and mostly flew on the -300's-400's and -500s along with some of Alaska and Southwest airlines NG's.

IP Logged

captjames

Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:35am
Print Post  
God I miss it terribly! So many good airlines gone!

IP Logged

Speedbird84

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Glad I could provide some info for an interesting chat on the forum.

I have to agree that ” Which” is a strange name for a magazine but it was interesting to see such a small airline got such positive attention.

Luckily for me my interest in aviation started at an early age and that my first ever airplane ride was on my 16th birthday (1979) aboard a Pacific Western 737-200. Over the years I’ve had lots of flights on Pacific Western 737’s and right up to the late 90’s on board Westjet 737-200s.
Back in those days in Canada it was easy to get flightdeck visits during flight. I was lucky enough to have many jumpseat rides aboard Air Canada DC9-32’s including a few landings and a gate to gate flight in the cockpit.

I love the old birds and have a huge collection of old memorabilia from those extinct airlines and aircraft. Even had two flights to KSFO aboard CPAir DC8-43’s back in 1978.
If I had only known how rare those old birds would become I would have taken way more pictures.

AH the good old days of aviation. Tongue Tongue
I really miss them too.  Sad   

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Speedbird84 wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
Glad I could provide some info for an interesting chat on the forum.

I have to agree that ” Which” is a strange name for a magazine but it was interesting to see such a small airline got such positive attention.

Luckily for me my interest in aviation started at an early age and that my first ever airplane ride was on my 16th birthday (1979) aboard a Pacific Western 737-200. Over the years I’ve had lots of flights on Pacific Western 737’s and right up to the late 90’s on board Westjet 737-200s.
Back in those days in Canada it was easy to get flightdeck visits during flight. I was lucky enough to have many jumpseat rides aboard Air Canada DC9-32’s including a few landings and a gate to gate flight in the cockpit.

I love the old birds and have a huge collection of old memorabilia from those extinct airlines and aircraft. Even had two flights to KSFO aboard CPAir DC8-43’s back in 1978.
If I had only known how rare those old birds would become I would have taken way more pictures.

AH the good old days of aviation. Tongue Tongue
I really miss them too.  Sad   

i always had a love for flying, it was always my favorite thing when vacations came around. the "sucked into your seat feeling" when they advance the throttle, the growl and whine from the engines that seems to make babies cry and annoy people, But i never really got "into" it until my Flight on a wide body when i went to the UK for a shooting competition at the Bisley firing range, then the switch clicked and i found my other hobby when i retired from shooting. As for rare birds, i guess its like old cars, back then they were a dime a dozen now all but extinct rotting in a barn or out in a field.

IP Logged

Speedbird84

Reply #43 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Thankfully there are some talented people like yourself to tackle a few liveries for the hobby.
Wish I had the software and talent to give it a try, there are a few classic Canadian, US and UK liveries I’d love to see come to life in FSX.

I have lots of pictures from within the Canadian/Air Canada hanger at CYVR for 737-200's that hopefully one day will join my FSX fleet.  Tongue  Tongue

Looking forward to your work Eric.

I’ve been to Spokane a few times back in my younger days. Love Washington State, It’s like the British Columbia of the United States.

Chris

IP Logged

captjames

Reply #44 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Out of all the classic
Aircraft I have flown. To this day the No.1 spot goes to the BAC 1-11.

A challenging, yet rewarding plane to fly. Again thanks to European Air Charter.

Thank god they've still got the sim! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top