Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Video Making (Read 6459 times)
btscott

Video Making
Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Windy --

I have tried numerous times to play your frc file in FSX, but no can do. As I mentioned windows sees it as a Windows Media Player file and then when I try to play it in FSX I get this error message:

Bruce

frc.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: Video Making
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Hmm, can you send me your fs rec file. any file, just record takeoff and flaps retraction in 727-100.

This is interesting idea, need to investigate it in details.

IP Logged

btscott

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:22am
Print Post  
I don't have anyway to send you an frc file. Can't load it here. Would need your e-mail address to send it as an attachment I guess.

Btw, what version of FSRecorder do you use?? I use 2.01. If you use a different version that may explain the error message!??

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 7:39am
Print Post  
I got the same version! sent you P.M.

IP Logged

btscott

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
OKay, I sent you an frc file. Hope you can play it.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
It plays!. But you sent canarsie video, not kden takeoff. FS-RECORDER said that "this video recorded with older version, and need to be converted" after that it converted it automaticaly, and played it back.

But there is concerns about that. I noticed that you used custom scenery in canarsie video, i dont have it, so plane landed a little off runway. So everybody should have same versions of fs-recorder, and use default sceneries. Thats impossible, so writing it off blackboard.

Distributing FRC  files may have some usage, as supplement to video, but data about scenery, weather, and time should be provided. It still very simple but unfortunately - no guaranties people can play it Smiley

FSX instant replay works well, FSX video recorder....IT SUCKS Smiley

Btw, Fountaine32 (sorry if i messed up nickname), - he shoots videos using Camcorder! Just starts FS-REC playback, and shoots it. FRAPS way better, but it kills some fps. So for lower end systems - that could be solution.

IP Logged

btscott

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Hah! Didn't realize it was Canarsie frc. It was indeed recorded with version 2.1. don't know why it said that. I don't have any custom scenery for New York or JFK. All I have is FS Genisis and GEX. I was indeed left of the center line but not off the runway!! (maybe you were just joking about my amateur, seat of the pants flying)  Grin

I think FS Recorder is only useful for replaying sections of a flight for the purpose of making FRAPS video clips. FSR is not a recorder per se -- it saves the flight data and replays the flight from the data.

Have seen a number of FSX videos recorded with a hand held camcorder. Some are pretty good and they record the sound, but using instant replay, FS Recorder and Fraps video clips are better tools in my opinion.

I've been looking for a good tutorial on FSX video making and can't find any. There are a number on You Tube, but they're not very good. Doing a comprehensive tutorial would be very time consuming and right now it's motorcycle riding and fishing time in the Rockies!! I think anyone wanting to learn video making can figure it out using FRAPS, instant replay, and Windows Movie Maker. They can ask questions here or in the AVSIM Video Forum.

One problem with WMM is that it can't handle full size FRAPS video clips (screen shots are no problem), so check the half size option in the FRAPS Movie Setup window. I'm going over to my FSX pc to see if half size works okay--- can't remember.

I am also looking at this editing program as a possible replacement for the one I have now:

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/english/2011/Q4/PDR10-Holiday/enu/PCMWeb3.jsp...

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
btscott wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 at 4:50pm:
Hah! Didn't realize it was Canarsie frc. It was indeed recorded with version 2.1. don't know why it said that. I don't have any custom scenery for New York or JFK. All I have is FS Genisis and GEX. I was indeed left of the center line but not off the runway!! (maybe you were just joking about my amateur, seat of the pants flying)  Grin

Bruce, im as amateur as you, im not joking. I meant that what i saw watching frc file, doesnt match video. In vid you landed on runway, on my system, a little off. That addons you have, can move runway just a bit. So we go for videos Wink

IP Logged

btscott

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Well, Windy, I just spent about 4 hours trying to make an FSX video using FSX Instant Replay, FRAPS and Windows Live Movie Maker. Sadly, WLMM just can not handle the full size FRAPS clips. It can do the half size, but there is a lot of shimmering and the quality of the video is not good. I seem to remember that the Windows XP version of Movie Maker was somewhat better with the FRAPS clips. Using just FRAPS screen shots from FSX WLMM is wonderful and produces a great slide show type video, but it appears that the only way to make decent FSX videos seems to be with a good quality video editing program. Here's a Top 10 review list:

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html

I think I'm going to replace my Adobe Premire Elements 4 with Cyber Link Power Director 10.

Lou, if you are reading this you can do non FSX videos like vacations, family outings, etc with video clips and pictures from your digital camera very nicely and add music, voice over, captions etc etc using Windows Movie Maker, but as I said above you best invest in a video editing program for FSX vids.

Bruce

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Yep. I got super-old sony vegas movie maker 4.0 New versions of this software below 40$ on ebay. Old version like mine - you can get it for 5-10$! All this "movie makers" are very straight-forward and simple, and actually a Light Editions of pro software.

By using custom settings for renderer, it is possible to render a HD video.

WMM doesnt like codec used to compress FRAPS vids. Actually, WMM have problems even with ordinary PAL\NTSC - DV. add HD resolution - and it stops working Smiley

IP Logged

btscott

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I just remembered -- some cameras use the MOV video format. That is Apple's format and MS doesn't like Apple --- so WMM doesn't recognize MOV files. They have to be converted to the AVI format or one that Windows recognizes. Another good reason for getting a video editing program.  Angry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:30am
Print Post  
HELP!!!

I'm using Fraps to record the video in FSX. I then import it to Windows Movie Maker 2.6. Now I'm stuck on how to resize the video so it is not so big. My 2 minute Fraps "Movie" is about 800MB. I want it to be about 1/4 the size of that to upload to YouTube. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
when you click on FINISH MOVIE, and then choose save to my computer, SAVE MOVIE WIZARD will appear. You should click SHOW MORE CHOICES and select BEST FIT TO SIZE.

You can play with settings there. Unfortunately it doesnt allow to choose codec directly, so basically you dont have much control over quality\size.

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:30am:
HELP!!!

I'm using Fraps to record the video in FSX. I then import it to Windows Movie Maker 2.6. Now I'm stuck on how to resize the video so it is not so big. My 2 minute Fraps "Movie" is about 800MB. I want it to be about 1/4 the size of that to upload to YouTube. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would think something like mediashow espresso would do a good job of that Mark. it is also hardware accelerated (gpgpu) so it will be extremely quick.
I'm not sure if blender (free) would do what you're asking.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
windplayer wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 8:56am:
when you click on FINISH MOVIE, and then choose save to my computer, SAVE MOVIE WIZARD will appear. You should click SHOW MORE CHOICES and select BEST FIT TO SIZE.
The FINISH MOVIE is greyed out so I can't click on it, which means I don't get the other options. Sad

Cappy wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:45am:
I would think something like mediashow espresso would do a good job of that Mark. it is also hardware accelerated (gpgpu) so it will be extremely quick.
I'm not sure if blender (free) would do what you're asking.
Isn't blender a 3D model creating program, like 3DS Max? Or am I confusing it with something else. Are they free?

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top