Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Big problems in Gamespy multiplayer session (Read 2955 times)
bigbangbum69

Big problems in Gamespy multiplayer session
May 29th, 2012 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Weapon for FSX has been working fine in single player. But as I promoted this product with other multiplayers on Gamespy, we faced a very bizarre phenomena. When a player (F18) gets the first shots, suddenly helicopters of the type Robinson R22 starts buzzing in and around the shot plane. The more hits, the more helicopters! And even when the plane totally explodes and disappear, those helicopters remains in the session as real objects, that can be tracked by the radar! At the end they are so many, the sky is full of them. We tried separately different session, but the problem remains! All settings are on realistic, as Plane to plane crash too... We need a solution badly asap!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Big problems in Gamespy multiplayer session
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2012 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Weapon for FSX has not been created for use with multiplayer. What you are seeing is the substitutions for the rockets and bullets. FSX will pick the MDL that it thinks is the closest match to ammunition MDL, R-22 Robinson helicopters in this case (I would love to see a screen shot).

Was this what the other non Weapon for FSX owners were seeing? Or was everyone seeing them, including you? I'm only asking because I would be surprised if you were seeing them because you have the correct MDL files in you FSX\SimObjects\Misc folder.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

bigbangbum69

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2012 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 2:35am:
Weapon for FSX has not been created for use with multiplayer. What you are seeing is the substitutions for the rockets and bullets. FSX will pick the MDL that it thinks is the closest match to ammunition MDL, R-22 Robinson helicopters in this case (I would love to see a screen shot).

Was this what the other non Weapon for FSX owners were seeing? Or was everyone seeing them, including you? I'm only asking because I would be surprised if you were seeing them because you have the correct MDL files in you FSX\SimObjects\Misc folder.

Mark

Only the one who had the software were seeing that too. Shocked The others without couldn't see anything but they were to be shot out. Cheesy There should have been a warning that it wouldn't work in Multiplayer!
The other will be angry with me when they hear that. Angry

It is a very stupid thing that the software designers wouldn't extend the program to multiplayer, I can assure you the sells would go 10 times higher. Pls let me know if there will be an Add-on soon...

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2012 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Still like to see a screen shot!

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2012 at 2:42am
Print Post  
bigbangbum69 wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 7:03pm:
It is a very stupid thing that the software designers wouldn't extend the program to multiplayer, I can assure you the sells would go 10 times higher. Pls let me know if there will be an Add-on soon...

It is possible that Captain Sim will do that in a future upgrade. I hope that they do. Like you say, it would probably get many more sales if it had that capability.

Mark

Please be aware that I am not a Captain Sim staff member, nor on their development team. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top